How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-03-2008
V.I.P.

did it! and started a new thread!!!

09-03-2008
jedinečnej krásy

i didn't know where to post this question to be honest...but i need to correct the spelling of a model's name for a thread. if a mod can pm me and let me know to whom i need to provide the correct spelling and to change the thread name, it would be much appreciated

09-03-2008
The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSunday View Post
i didn't know where to post this question to be honest...but i need to correct the spelling of a model's name for a thread. if a mod can pm me and let me know to whom i need to provide the correct spelling and to change the thread name, it would be much appreciated
Hi SirSunday....PM me the info & I'll take care of it for you

07-06-2008
windowshopping

Hello,

I just saw a picture and i loved it, and about this there was this idea to find more pictures with similar theme. Clearly, i want to find campaigns, pictures of celebrities and and and, that have an ancient theme, especially an Egypt style. Could I make a new thread for this (something like “Inspiring Makeup Art”) and if yes, where? I haven’t found something this way in the forum.

Thanks for help, I haven't posted often and I'm a little bit doubtful.

07-06-2008
V.I.P.

Take a look at this thread and see if it fits what you are looking for.

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...-art-5423.html

07-06-2008
V.I.P.

In case you missed it on the previous page:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT View Post
Before you start a new thread:

You should use the Advanced Search option to find out (click on Search to find the Advanced Search ...link is on the upper right, in the dark bar) ... but be sure to ask it to search titles only and deliver results as threads to get manageable results. We ask that every member do this, before starting a new thread so it's something you need to know how to do, anyway. And that is really the only way to find out for yourself. We just have soooo many threads ... thousands!

Here's more detailed information about how to set your advanced search function so it always searches for threads, unless you want to search every post at tFS (there are literally millions .... ).

07-06-2008
windowshopping

Sorry it seems I confused with my example. I know this thread, that is the thread, where I saw the picture, that brings me on the idear, but I want a total different topic. I search for pictures, that have an egypt style, something like that from the Inspiring Makeup Thread. The Inspiring Makeup Thread should only be an example for a topic, where pictures from total different models, shows and years come together, because that seems to be the normal classification here.

I hope it is now clear, what I want and by the way, sorry for my English.

07-06-2008
V.I.P.

We have thousands of threads at the Fashion Spot (tFS) so we don't ever want to duplicate them and want to keep everything in the right place, so it's easier to find. So we have several rules about starting threads and hope that you can understand them.

If you are just looking for pictures ... you need to search for them, not start a thread asking for pictures. If you do this, it will probably be deleted, because you are offering no infomation to get the thread started.

You can make a thread with a theme, if you already have some pictures to show what goes in there. But, you must make sure that we do not already have a thread about that theme or you may not start another thread about the same thing.

And if you find lots of pictures on tFS about your theme and you decide to start a thread and copy those pictures in your thread, you must post the original source as it is listed in the post where you found it and also give credit to the tFS member who originally posted it in another thread. It's probably easier to find your own pictures and bring them in to tFS and then let the other members add their own.

The main topic should be considered first. In other words, it depends on who and what the pictures are about, to determine which forum the thread belongs in. And you cannot easily mix these up.

Here's some rules about what forums the topic belongs in: If you have several pictures about makeup with your theme, the thread belongs in Paint Your Face. If they are about runway shows it belongs in TrendSpotting, but the rule there says that you need at least 5 different current shows with that theme, before you may start a thread. If you have pictures of people on the street ... not models, it would go in StreetStyle and so on. If it's pictures of celebrities, then it belongs in Star Style, and if it's pictures of models it goes in Supporting Cast or possibly The Etc. of the Modeling World. It all depends, first, who is in the pictures and, secondly, what is being featured ... clothes? makeup? shoes? and so on.

It sounds like you just want to group together a bunch of pictures with a common theme... but not related to any other thing in particular and I don't think that we have a place to do that. To get exact directions about where to start your thread, can you tell me in detail what your theme would be, who would be in the pictures and what your pictures would show, makeup, clothes, hair, shoes, bags, etc.? It might help us decide if there is a forum for that type of thread or not.

To be honest, it sounds like your "theme" idea, although very interesting, just might not work in the tFS format.

Last edited by BetteT; 07-06-2008 at 10:16 PM.
08-06-2008
windowshopping

Oh my god...I know have no problem with saying, I have no idear where to post, that is not so easy. When I look around here, then normaly by the search funktion or just clicking along, so I'm not that familiar with all that stuff and I am not so in deep with the hole theme, so I can't give enough pictures to start, at the moment I have only the one, but I am sure there must be more, but I can't find them, because the search function didn't bring there results, because nobody gives the theme of the pictures in the posts, that's clear.

But okay, I try to describe, what I thought. What definitly would not be included in my idea are runway pictures. I thought, that there must be more pictures, for exemaple in fashion magazines, that use a theme for the campaigne. I remember, that I saw pictures, where everything seems like schoolgirls and schoolboys or one like farytales, there was a shoot, where everything was about military and other with historic scenes. So first of all it would be magazine scans. But I thing this theme could also be used in advertisment, print and tv, though on all this stunning parfume ads. I also know something similar with an celebrity photoshoot, but I am not sure if it was egypt, I would need to search the shoot on my pc.

So there would be a wide range of possible variants, but I could bring it down to magazin stuff, like fashion shoots and advertisments, but that would also include two posible locations, if I undestand right, because in such magazinshoots are mostly models, but there can be celebritis too.

Ah, nearly forget. What they should show. That's nearly unimportant, mostly I would thing you can found such pics with models, showing clothes or make up, but as mantioned parfume or jewelry too.

I somehow thing, thats really not so easy after your fantastic explenation, thanks for that. The idear came from two threads, I thought it's a little bit similar: the inspiring make up thread and the provocat ads thread (or something like that), but after that explenation I'm afraid I won't find what I am searching, I need a site, that brings the pictures sortet by categories of what the pictures look like

08-06-2008
V.I.P.

You are probably not able to find pictures easily on the Fashion Spot because we have not done "themes" before, as far as I know and, therefore, there will not be threads titles naming the theme. And if we did ... you would not be allowed to start a new thread about an exisiting theme, anyway. And that is why I am unable to advise you ... I also have no idea where you can post your theme thread.

However, if you can get the pictures outside of tFS, let me know. You will have to be able to get and scan the magazines yourself or find a site where they have the pictures you want, since you probably won't be able to find them here on tFS. Then, I will be happy to ask all the other moderators for ideas about where your thread might fit. We have about 40 different mods who each work in different forums, so they know the forums and threads better than I do and might have some ideas if we could make it fit in somewhere.

We do appreciate that you want to contribute to the Fashion Spot and hope that we can either make this work or that you can find something else out there that you would like to bring in for us to see.

In the meantime, feel free to contribute new pictures to the existing threads and to offer your opinions in any thread that interests you. We love to see things from other country's magazines and sites, since we are U.S. based. We have so many members worldwilde, so new pictures from other countries are always welcome ... just an idea if you have some interesting local magazines or sites.

Last edited by BetteT; 08-06-2008 at 01:41 PM.
08-06-2008
flaunt the imperfection

threads that have THEMES like that are found in the TRENDSPOTTING forum...

ie-GEISHA
Fairy tales
AFRICA

etc...

i do not think we have one for egypt actually...
and it might be a good idea to start a thread for it ...
it would belong in the trendspotting area...
because it is not just for NEW trends but also for tracing where the trends come from...etc...
so you could try starting a thread there and see how it goes...

08-06-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajashka View Post
But okay, I try to describe, what I thought. What definitly would not be included in my idea are runway pictures. I thought, that there must be more pictures, for exemaple in fashion magazines, that use a theme for the campaigne. I remember, that I saw pictures, where everything seems like schoolgirls and schoolboys or one like farytales, there was a shoot, where everything was about military and other with historic scenes. So first of all it would be magazine scans. But I thing this theme could also be used in advertisment, print and tv, though on all this stunning parfume ads. I also know something similar with an celebrity photoshoot, but I am not sure if it was egypt, I would need to search the shoot on my pc.

So there would be a wide range of possible variants, but I could bring it down to magazin stuff, like fashion shoots and advertisments, but that would also include two posible locations, if I undestand right, because in such magazinshoots are mostly models, but there can be celebritis too.

Ah, nearly forget. What they should show. That's nearly unimportant, mostly I would thing you can found such pics with models, showing clothes or make up, but as mantioned parfume or jewelry too.

Not so sure that Trendspotting is the right place, Softie. Unless she narrows it down to just current season clothes, I would think. And yes ... showing where the trend comes from is OK too.

She's talking a much broader subject, I think ... as I have bolded her ideas in her quote, above. She's thinking of any pictures from anywhere and about a lot of different things that have the theme ... including perfume, jewelry, clothes, celebs, tv, makeup but not runway ... and all of that together does not make a great thread for Trendspotting, IMHO.

But ... if she wants to narrow it down to clothes from the current seasons to start it off .... then that is where it would go, definitely. And I did not find a thread about Egytian style in Trendspotting, either.

Last edited by BetteT; 08-06-2008 at 11:56 PM.
09-06-2008
flaunt the imperfection

you know what...we have ALWAYS had threads like that...
all inclusive ones...in trendspotting..i gave examples...
*overall trends often involve everything from furniture to fashion to beauty etc...they are not just limited to current runway trends either...
*we specifically date those current threads to differentiate them...

but i guess if you want to change it now...(i don't really)
but then, alternatively, a thread like that could go in the history of style forum...

but threads like that are GOOD and we SHOULD have them...
so we should decide where they belong and allow them to flourish...

Last edited by softgrey; 09-06-2008 at 10:03 PM.
10-06-2008
V.I.P.

Thank you for explaining that, Softie. I had never seen these threads before ... so I did not know that TrendSpotting was for more than just current "trends" ... which is all that I had seen when I go in there.

So, Ajashka ... go ahead and start your thread in TrendSpotting when you have some things you'd like to post. And thank you for participaing.

15-11-2008
front row

Hi, I am a new user too, can anyone tell me how to create a new thread. Thanx

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
start, thread