How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-08-2009
V.I.P.

^ Yes.

08-08-2009
V.I.P.

Thank you for seaching first. You probably may start that thread, but I don't work in that section so I'm just taking an educated guess ... if the mods in there see a conflict they might merge it with another thread or delete it ... that decision is up to them. So, whenever you are not sure, you may always check with one of the mods in that forum and ask them (in this case the SC mods) ... they will have a better sense of the fit and whether or not there is another thread that might apply.

Last edited by BetteT; 08-08-2009 at 12:53 PM.
20-08-2009
V.I.P.

When is the right time to start an ANTM 13 thread, the models have been announced and individual and group photos have been released. Also, should the next thread even be called ANTM 13, since it is a repository for all things related to ANTM* while that thread is active.

Thanks.

*except for postings in individual model threads.

20-08-2009
shake off your flesh

^ We do not have threads dedicated to each season of ANTM. You can discuss Cycle 13 here: America's Next Top Models Cycle 12 -

21-12-2009
windowshopping

i have a question... i started my first thread on friday. when i look it up on google, i can find it. but when i click on the link, it says that the link doesn't exist. does anyone know what happened?

21-12-2009
The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlotteravouna View Post
i have a question... i started my first thread on friday. when i look it up on google, i can find it. but when i click on the link, it says that the link doesn't exist. does anyone know what happened?
It comes up on google just fine for me. Your thread was merged into the already existing thread on Christophe Kutner - Photographer.

21-12-2009
windowshopping

thank you for responding so quickly. now when i click on that link, i get this message:
charlotteravouna, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Quote:
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
is there anyway to have privileges to see this page?

21-12-2009
V.I.P.

I see that the thread you started has been deleted ... not merged with another thread. Therefore the link no longer exists. I'll check it out to see if I can find the existing thread for you.

Please do a search before starting a new thread ... to make sure we don't already have one.

Last edited by BetteT; 21-12-2009 at 03:11 PM.
21-12-2009
V.I.P.

OK ... I found out what happened ... your thread was merged ... but with an old thread that was already deleted, because we had been contacted by the copyright owner about not posting his images here. That is why you may not have access ... only the moderators can see it now. We are not sure if you have specific permission to repost those images ... therefore they were removed. Better to err on the side of the copyright holder, after we have been legally notified.

26-12-2009
windowshopping

Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipkitten View Post
The tFS guidelines state:

We do our best to catch these misleading/vague titles and change them and/or merge them with similar topics. However, we cannot be everywhere at all times and sometimes these types of threads are just missed by the Mod team.

The best thing members can do is 1) report the post and describe the infraction (i.e. needs title change, needs merged, etc.) and 2) if applicable, post a link to the existing thread in the new thread so a Mod can easily merge the two.

Thanks for bringing this up! We can all use a reminder of the guidelines from time to time
Thank you so much Hipkitten. I'm a new user and your information on how to start is very helpful.

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanne View Post
A picture is often better than a thousand words..

Once you click the link it's just like making a post

NB! Remember to do a thorough search to see if a similar thread has been made before.. here: http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/search.php
before starting a new thread.
I keep running into your posts. Thanks.

20-06-2010
V.I.P.

That is because, Hanne was a Moderator Team Leader until she resigned last when her family got larger and she needed to dedicate herself to being a mom to both girls. She was assigned to this forum with me ... as my partner in crime. Tangerine has take her slot on this forum.

18-09-2010
scenester

PLease help I am new here and I want to start a new thread but I have looked at the start of this thread from help and I can't find the start a new discussion button :S
im confused...can I not start one because i'm new to this?

18-09-2010
Confused & Bewildered

At the top left of most sections:

If you don't see that, you may be in a section with limited priveleges.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg StartSnip.JPG (24.5 KB, 93 views)

27-06-2011
V.I.P.

^

i see that but i cant click on it,i mean nothinig happen??

or do i have limited priveleges? if so can some of the mods PM why.TIA

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
start, thread