How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-06-2008
Confused & Bewildered

^^ Another reason to do as I've been suggesting. Increase the storage space for member attachments so that third party hosting services aren't required. Then tFS can set their own guidelines and you're not bound by anyone else's TOS.

03-06-2008
lady of the flowers

oh, we are banned?!

and i wondered what happened.

03-06-2008
Confused & Bewildered

FYI, there is also something known as Hotlink Protection ( a variation on what ImageShack is doing) that could be enabled to protect member's images posted here from being hotlinked to other sites.

03-06-2008
tfs star

I think I'm gonna cry

03-06-2008
backstage pass

What kinds of nudity are we posting here? I mean, maybe I shouldn't be saying this, but i find most of fashion's so harmless, just a boob popping out of the blouse...i don't think that should be enough to ban someone... I hope i don't get pms from mods here, but I go through tfs
and it's hard for me to find something vulgar... I look at nudity in here and the next moment I have completely forgotten about it....:p

Anyways, to me it sounds like we have to get smarter about our pictures,
we need to save them in discs ... But i can't imagine how it's gonna be to stay about 3 hours saving all my favorite pictures so I can always look at them...

03-06-2008
backstage pass

I suspect this thread is to blame for the ban:

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...-46420-12.html

oh! darling

If it were to blame, wouldn't the photos be gone?

Making a Mess

I think there should be a notice to let users know that if they are going to upload images containing nudity they should do so using a site such as imagevenue which has a NSFW option. Or if they don't feel comfortable using a site such as that than they can upload images via TFS.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboy View Post
I suspect this thread is to blame for the ban:

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...-46420-12.html

Thank you for pointing that out, homeboy. There is a post there that is probably part of the problem (the images have be blocked by Imageshack) and I found another in the Terry Richardson thread. I'm taking care of both and asking the member to be more careful when hosting on Imageshack ... because this keeps happening.

We do allow art nudes and fashion nudes/racy type images to a point, but Imageshack is very, very sensitive to any nudity at all.

To all members ... If you host images at Imageshack, don't ever post any nudity here or this will continue to happen. Find another site to host anything that might be questionable based on Imageshack's rules.

03-06-2008
backstage pass

You should also take a look at photo's from Tom Ford's latest campaign. Although I love some of them, they are quite explicit.

V.I.P.

We know ... and it's marginal, even for us.

OH, BTW ... management has contacted Imageshack ... and once we remove the offening images, they usually restore all our images. It has not been a permanent problem, so far. So, hang in there ... hopefully they will be restored soon.

Last edited by BetteT; 03-06-2008 at 02:42 PM.
03-06-2008
The future is stupid

Since I became a mod in early 2008 I have monitored the nude magazine threads: Paradis & S Magazine as well as the other magazine threads very closely for nude content & you can rest assured that everyone posting has been using imagevenue. I have even deleted posts & had a member re-upload using imagevenue...that's how strict about it I've been.

The magazine mods have an extremely time consuming job monitoring all the threads & we do the best we can. And please also remember that we volunteer our time because we are dedicated to this community...so any help the membership gives us in reporting posts with nude content uploaded from imageshack (or any other violation of community rules) is always very much appreciated by us.

03-06-2008
V.I.P.

Weird... I can still see all the Imageshack images!

(I know last year earlier in the thread I mentioned how I found a way around it, but I'm on a new computer now so the changes I made to my browser back then wouldn't be applying now.)

fashion insider

I hope its back soon alot of pics are missing

fashion elite

There are topless (and cheap I might say) pics of Marissa Miller in the best body thread. The poster kept them up despite being told it would get us banned and few hours later we were indeed baned.
I suggest using imagevenue, they have a 'safe for work/not safe for' work filtering system, so you can upload whatever you want.

Re: attachments.
I am sorry but I hate them. The attachment matrix convert pictures into a weird format that is unreadable by a windows picture viewer (and photoshop). I always have to capture my screen and use photoshop to convert the attachments into jpegs. It's frankly a nightmare.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
banning, image, imageshack, members, shack, tfs