How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-05-2006
windowshopping

Men's Area?
Is there a section here for just mens Fashion?

07-05-2006
slightly dizzy

No, we share the same sections as it is now. I'm not sure we need to split them, but thanks for bringing it up!

Last edited by tott; 07-05-2006 at 11:15 PM.
08-05-2006
windowshopping

After looking around I dont feel that the forum caters to men who are intrested in mens clothing. It took me too long to find anything rlated to mens Fashion among the multitude of woman related threads. I feel that a mens sub forum would be beneficial.

09-05-2006
slightly dizzy

It seems like this has become up before, and the general consensus was, and still is, to not create a separate mens forum. We feel that it's more dynamic this way. And a lot of the topics are "uni-sex", really.

If you want to search for threads about the shows, for instance, there should be "homme", "uomo" or "menswear" in the title for menswear. And if you wait until the menswear weeks you'll see that Designers & Collections is all about menswear then.

Don't be afraid to use the search function if you're looking for a specific topic in any of the sections.

09-05-2006
Power to the 99%

I just had to come into the "men's area" :p

09-05-2006
slightly dizzy

^ Move on, nothing to see here...

:p

09-05-2006
Naturellement pulpeuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta
I just had to come into the "men's area" :p
The forbidden fruit is always the sweetest.

I think there are enough menswear discussions.

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by tott
It seems like this has become up before, and the general consensus was, and still is, to not create a separate mens forum. We feel that it's more dynamic this way. And a lot of the topics are "uni-sex", really.

I dont think I would call it uni-sex, uni-sex serves a function for both men and woman straight AND gay. When it comes to the topics,I dont think we can consider a thread about womans fashion "uni-sex" being the men posting are likely gay/bi(repectably) and would be more inclined to womans fashion then a straight man might be. I will take your advice however and use the search function.

Thanks for your time,

RomRom

09-05-2006
Naturellement pulpeuse

I shall have to tell my girlfriend that I'm likely gay/bi! :p

Unveil Yourself....

Same here Prince!

After you have looked through the menswear threads (there are some in Trendspotting as well) you will find that they are not at all gay/bi/straight orientated but just oriented towards the man in general. At least, that is the way I feel those threads are... but thanks for your input

twitter.com/ErikP87
10-05-2006
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tott
^ Move on, nothing to see here...

:p
I know, shouldn't it be a bit more exciting in here?

My experience here has been that guys often post to the threads I start and/or participate in, and it doesn't make any difference whether they're gay, straight, or bi (and we have a thread where a lot of our guys have disclosed that information)--we're just all interested in fashion. And pretty secure about it

The primary difference seems to be that men's clothing is much more limited than women's, and the distinctions are much more subtle. That hasn't stopped me, though, from helping guys on tFS find shoes that fit their requirements, for instance ...

26-06-2006
Bel
front row

I definately would appreciate a menswear area being created. The majority of threads on TFS are about women's clothing, which makes it difficult to find posts about men's clothes. It would be more convenient to have them all in one place... maybe creating a special area for it would lead to more discussion about men's clothes?

08-11-2006
Bel
front row

Was the thread about starting a men's forum/category deleted? I can't find it.
Anyway, I got the impression that it won't be done no matter how hard I plead, but please listen to the guys here. I don't think its fair for the mods to decide (and not even be open to discussing it) if most of them aren't particularly interested in mens clothing.

But basically this is a HUGE forum, and if we don't have a place to put the relatively small number of posts about guys clothing, they get all mixed up with everything else and become hard to find.

I'm not saying you should listen to me, I'm saying we need to discuss it.

08-11-2006
Storm & Sommer

*post moved*

There are several guys on the mod team (Mr-Dale, Baizilla, tangerine, Pastry, tott, Atelier and yourbestfriend) who are all very interested in mens wear, not to mention the owner of tFS, Andy.

Several ideas for identifying mens collections vs womens have been discussed, among them adding an mens wear icon / womens wear icon by the threads, one that could also be used for specific 'gendered' searches.

pinterest : hanneonpin
08-11-2006
Bel
front row

Uh oh. Sorry for being a little not nice, I was mad because I thought it was deleted.

But about threads being unisex... yes, threads definately don't exclude guys, its just that so many of the posts within them are about women that I never find what I want.

What about special Trends We Love/Trend spotting/Models' street style threads, all the classics that are updated frequently?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
area, men