How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-03-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
I don't know if this is the appropriate place for this, but I just wanted to throw it out there.

The "Models Whose Appeal You Don't Get" thread was closed because it "breads negativity." It makes some sense. But I think if that's a reason enough to close that thread, the "Celebrity and Models Weight" thread should be closed as well. That thread breads NOTHING BUT NEGATIVITY. At least in Models You don't Get, there were some fun and jokes, not so much in the other thread. All you have is people attacking the girls. Anyone who's not a size 10 or a "real woman" has anorexia. People who have the nerve to like thin girls are danger to society, etc. I mean, I try to stay away from that thread, so it doesn't bother me that much (unless I give into temptation and do visit). But I don't think it's fair that one was closed and one that's even more vicious remains open.

Thank you.
Thank you for your feedback about the "Weight" thread. Yes ... it has become negative, we know and we would prefer not to keep that thread either.

However, it was instituted by the moderators for a very specific reason. Up to that point, we were unable to control the excessive remarks about weight to the detriment of the main topics ... fashion, models, celebs and their style and work. It was consuming the threads and was wasting hours of moderator time every day.

So ... we opened a discussion for the members to get feed back and found that we had members on both sides of the issue. We had many who hated having the threads hijacked into a "weight" discussion and/or argument. And we had many members who felt that discussion about the weight of models and celebs was very important on our fashion forum and wished to still be able to comment about it.

A compromise was reached with a solution that worked for everyone. The "Weight" thread and the "Size Zero" thread (about the fashion industry's role in this issue) were started. So now "weight talk" is off topic anywhere except here and in the industry oriented "Size Zero" thread. And because it was done to satisfy both sides, the thread must remain.

You may more about member's opinons here in this thread: Discussion - tFS' Weight Policy

Last edited by BetteT; 05-03-2009 at 02:57 PM.

05-03-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondSea View Post
Is there any way that threads in Designers and Collections section could start with the full collection in the first post, or at least on the first page? There could be a rule not to start a thread unless you have the full collection ready to post, or else a moderator could move the full collection to the beginning of the thread when it is posted.

At present, there is often ten pages of discussion about a few detail shots from getty before the actual collection is posted. I often give up looking for it, and head to style.com It would also make it easier to browse through past seasons.

Just a suggestion
We are a discussion forum and a community more than a photo archive ... but we do know that many people come here just to see the images and it would be nice to be able to present the photos first. We cannot move a post to the top of the thread ... so that won't work .. but it was a very good idea.

It would be very difficult to control members from starting threads untill they have the whole collection ... almost impossible. It would be up to the D&C moderators to decide if they have all the extra time to manage this on a daily basis.

They have to throw out many duplicate threads as it is ... this would probably magnify the amount of work spent in the forum ... maybe as much as 10 times or more. The mods are just upaid members who volunteer ... so I wouldn't ask that much from them.

But I will show this to the D&C moderators in case it might spark some thought about other options.

Last edited by BetteT; 05-03-2009 at 02:58 PM.
30-04-2009
V.I.P.

Why do threads get deleted without letting the member who created the thread know? It'd be nice to inform the person the reason why it was deleted. I created a thread yesterday about "The Swine Flu" and now it's gone!

I checked just to be sure if there were any threads related to the Swine Flu and nothing popped up, so I don't know why that happens - that threads magically disappear the next day.

30-04-2009
V.I.P.

I think there is a rule about not discussing health issues on this forum because they felt that any input on health matters should be supplied by trained health proffesionals....in which case most of us do not fit into that catagory.

30-04-2009
V.I.P.

^if that's the case, then there's a thread about HIV(which wasn't deleted) in that same section where I posted my thread..they're both health related issues.

30-04-2009
The future is stupid

Are you talking about the thread The effect of AIDS on fashion & society? If so that thread hasn't been active since 2005 & yes it should probably be deleted now based on our community rules as they are today. The swine flu thread was deleted because of what model_mom said about the medical issue & also for the chance that political discussion could take place as well.

If there's another thread about HIV/AIDS then please let me know as I couldn't locate it.

Thank you

30-04-2009
V.I.P.

^No, I'm not talking about that one.

here you go:
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...ims-78876.html

30-04-2009
The future is stupid

^OK thank you... I'll bring it to the mod team's attention & someone will get back to you.

Last edited by MissMagAddict; 30-04-2009 at 10:00 PM.
30-05-2009
V.I.P.

why can't/ haven't the movies threads been merged into this one thread i created that took a lot of hard work? http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...0-a-65486.html

i started the thread because i did think it was unnecessary to start a new thread everytime a movie (popular or not) comes out..i've linked it several times in threads and guess what? no one says nothing

V.I.P.

hey i made thread at rumor place about mike tyson´s daughter who suddenly passed away. now i cannot find it anywhere! what happened to it? did someone delete it?

01-06-2009
V.I.P.

anyone (mods in particular) around?
i don't mean to be too hasty, i just want to bring attention back here before the questions go unanswered for weeks

V.I.P.

Sorry ... Hanne and I were both gone for the weekend ... so we are just catching up, today.

To answer your question, Mchunu ... please PM an Entertainment Spot mod and discuss it with someone there. They control the threads in ES ... and they 1. may not be aware of /forgotton your thread or 2. Do not agree that is the direction they wan't to go in ES. They work as a team, so they can discuss it among themselves and get back to you.

And Jenna ... I'm not positive why that thread was removed ... but generally, the moderator team want's to limit discussions about celebrity news to celebs who are somehow involved in fashion (models, celebs and musicians who inspire fashion trends, are known for their sense of style, etc.). or at least have a current ongoing thread based on their work or style. We are a fashion forum ... we are not a news or a celebrity fan forum and certainly not a forum about sports figures. Based on this criteria ... ... I believe that they decided that this topic about Mike Tyson would be considered just too far afield for the Fashion Spot.

Last edited by BetteT; 01-06-2009 at 11:42 PM.
01-06-2009
oh! darling

Are there no rules enforced on posting etiquette? Sometimes users post HUGE HQs of photos without turning them into thumbnails through uploading on imagebam or imageshack. It's so frustrating!

The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_levante View Post
Are there no rules enforced on posting etiquette? Sometimes users post HUGE HQs of photos without turning them into thumbnails through uploading on imagebam or imageshack. It's so frustrating!
We do the best we can! Whenever I see images posted that are much to large I will take care of it. Mostly in the magazines though because that's where I spend a lot of my time. If you see a rule being broken then please help us by using the report post link. That way one of us will usually see it right away & take care of it.

Here is the rule regarding image size in bold:

Quote:
Before posting, please consider the following:

1. Before starting a new thread, take a look ensure that there is not already a pre-existing thread discussing the same matter. Mod Team Leaders and Moderators of tFS have the right to delete or merge duplicate threads. If starting a new thread, please post a title that accurately reflects the contents and information within the thread so that members are not misled.
2. Do not post in caps. In message board language it is considered yelling, and as such, rude and offensive. If a thread title or post is typed in caps, it may be edited or deleted at a moderator's discretion.
3. Please think about how you use font sizes and colors. It can easily be overdone, distracting and hard to read. Posts made in this manner may be edited or deleted at a moderator's/Mod Team Leaders discretion.
4. Please do not post the same picture repeatedly in a thread. While we appreciate the sharing of images, it is not necessary to see the same image 6 times. Do not post pictures that mess up the page format. Pictures wider that 800 pixels should be attached rather than posted in full size - Moderators have the right to delete pictures wider than 800 pixels.
5. If you are quoting another member's post and the post has a picture in it, please edit out the image before submitting your reply. Re-quoting an image takes up space on our server and also draining the bandwidth of a photo agency or web site from which the image has been taken.
Thank You!

Last edited by MissMagAddict; 02-06-2009 at 02:20 AM.
06-06-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT View Post

And Jenna ... I'm not positive why that thread was removed ... but generally, the moderator team want's to limit discussions about celebrity news to celebs who are somehow involved in fashion (models, celebs and musicians who inspire fashion trends, are known for their sense of style, etc.). or at least have a current ongoing thread based on their work or style. We are a fashion forum ... we are not a news or a celebrity fan forum and certainly not a forum about sports figures. Based on this criteria ... ... I believe that they decided that this topic about Mike Tyson would be considered just too far afield for the Fashion Spot.
ok, i tought that rumor has it... thread is for any rumor or news.
i don´t wanna be moaner but how does sun storm 2012 has something to do with fahion? or death of david carradine then?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
misc, questions, threads