How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-06-2009
The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna-maria View Post
ok, i tought that rumor has it... thread is for any rumor or news.
i donīt wanna be moaner but how does sun storm 2012 has something to do with fahion? or death of david carradine then?
Probably not much... but in the case of Mike Tyson it was his young daughter that died & he's kept a low profile for many years now. It was such a tragic accident that some of us decided it should be removed.

Last edited by MissMagAddict; 06-06-2009 at 05:54 PM.

07-06-2009
Confused & Bewildered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna-maria View Post
i donīt wanna be moaner but how does sun storm 2012 has something to do with fahion? or death of david carradine then?
I'm not fond of dead celebrity threads, but they're a staple around here. The Sun Storm thread is good general information on something that may dramatically affect life on Earth. You DO live on Earth, don't you? Maybe that thread could morph into a discussion of how the Fashion industry would survive without electronics, modern machinery or transportation for delivery of goods.

Last edited by Echoes; 07-06-2009 at 02:43 AM.
07-06-2009
Confused & Bewildered

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_levante View Post
Are there no rules enforced on posting etiquette? Sometimes users post HUGE HQs of photos without turning them into thumbnails through uploading on imagebam or imageshack. It's so frustrating!
It would be easy to prevent this. There is a setting in the Admin Control Panel of the board software to limit the size of posted images either by dimension (height/width) or by file size (Kb) or both.

07-06-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna-maria
It's a case by case situation so there might have been some extenuating circumstances, sufficient to allow those ones. And sometimes we just miss things .. we can't be everywhere, all the time.

Last edited by BetteT; 07-06-2009 at 06:08 PM.
10-06-2009
V.I.P.

Hi,

There is a small debate (all on good terms) on Taryn Davidson's thread right now about posting facebook photos.

I have noticed in recent month in various threads that when facebook threads get posted that most of them are deleted.

Does tfs have an official policy on this matter?

Thanks so much.

11-06-2009
Confused & Bewildered

I haven't seen a policy, but I think there should be regarding anything that might be considered private or personal, whether it be on a social networking site of candids taken by individuals. These pics don't seem like they should be made public without permission.

Granted FB and MySpace images are more or less public unless the page is made private, but still, they are intended for a limited audience.

11-06-2009
V.I.P.

Echoes is correct.

We have no "official" policy about pictures from facebook, private or otherwise, except that you need to name the owner of the facebook in your credits.

We do ask that our members respect everyone's privacy and discourage members from violating that. If it's coming from a private facebook we would rather you not post it ... as a courtesy to the facebook account holder. However, taking and then posting pictures from private facebook account, is really between the member who posts it here and facebook / the holder of the facebook account.

We do delete some because we get requests from the facebook account holder. And we remove some because they are just toooo personal. We do not like to see pictures of minors (celebrities' children, etc.) especially and sometimes will remove them if we know they were taken from a private facebook.

Last edited by BetteT; 11-06-2009 at 07:29 PM.
11-06-2009
V.I.P.

^Thanks so much Echoes and BetteT.

I appreciate this information.

12-06-2009
oh! darling

I don't remember where I read this on TFS, but I remember something about not allowing Facebook, MySpace, etc. photos to be posted in threads for models' because it is like an invasion of privacy. One model I am Facebook friends with doesn't allow her photos posted elsewhere without her consent, so I have a good feeling that other models aren't happy about it either.

V.I.P.

Yes ... we have mentioned it before ... just like we are talking about it now. But there is no specifc rule about tFS not allowing Facebook images. We have just stated our wishes that our members conduct themselves appropriately out there and don't bring stolen private images here.

It would be impossible for us to moderate it ... it would require that we would have to do constant research to determine which photos came from public sites and which came from private sites. So that is not going to happen. But we do respond to compalints from Facebook account holders and remove images ... out of courtesy.

However, we do have a legal contract with every single member here which actually covers this issue that puts the legal responsibility squarely on the members. It is the Terms & Conditions (link at bottom of the page) ... and it basically says that all members agree not to post images (or any content) without obtaining permission and that tFS cannot be held responsible if they do it without permission. So we can terminate someone's account if they abuse this and we get repeated complaints (from the Facebook account holders) about any specific member. We dont have to do that often ... most of our members respect the privacy of others or if they breach it, the usually won't do it again, if we advise them that we have received a complaint.

Last edited by BetteT; 13-06-2009 at 03:11 PM.
04-07-2009
windowshopping

Is there a way to edit a post I've already made? I can't seem to find an edit button anywhere.

04-07-2009
Soviet Camaro

Welcome, Jack. You can only edit your posts for up to 10 minutes after they have been posted.

windowshopping

Thanks for the welcome and the reply!

05-07-2009
front row

Hi,

I have a short question:

Is there an option to subscribe to a thread w/o posting to it?

V.I.P.

^On top of the page there's: Thread Tools -> Subscribe to this thread

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
misc, questions, threads