How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-07-2009
front row

aaahhh... thx!!!!!

05-08-2009
rising star

Is there a specific reason why the star style pictures are always so small (and clickable to make them bigger)? Does it take too much server space to post them big in the thread already or something? Is it members' personal choice?

I ask this more from a selfish POV, because I think it's a lot more enjoyable browsing through those sections and immediately seeing all the big pictures instead of having to click each one separately too see it. I end up skipping lots of them for that exact reason. I know it's pretty pathetic- how lazy can you be not to just click it and see it??- but I can't even explain, it's just a lot more gratifying to see them all there and big. It used to be that way when I was a frequent visitor here and now I've come back and it changed... and it's just not as fun to look there as it used to be.

If the reason is that when you click it, it becomes huge and takes over the whole page- I personally don't think that's worth it. I'd rather see it a medium-large size rather than huge. Or both options would be ideal.

05-08-2009
Confused & Bewildered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8GreenEyes8 View Post
Does it take too much server space to post them big in the thread already or something? Is it members' personal choice?

I ask this more from a selfish POV, because I think it's a lot more enjoyable browsing through those sections and immediately seeing all the big pictures instead of having to click each one separately too see it.

Yes, it takes server space and bandwidth, both of which can be expensive. It also slows down page loading dramatically, especially for people who have slower internet connections, and could even cause some to crash.

Some pages can have hundreds of pictures. I've seen people post 20 or 30 thumbnails in each of a dozen or more posts, one right after another. I'm not interested in scrolling through so many pictures which might be 200K or larger each.

In fact, some of us have asked tFS to ban most full size images and require thumbnails if an image exceeds a certain size.

Last edited by Echoes; 05-08-2009 at 01:57 AM.
05-08-2009
V.I.P.

At this point it's the poster's choice ... but as Echoes says, the huge images are much better posted as thumbnails to save loading time on the page and bandwidth. It's good netiquette ... not to post oversized images.

10-08-2009
V.I.P.

I know that the big locks mean a closed thread....but what do the little locks mean?

10-08-2009
Soviet Camaro

I don't know what you refer to by little locks; where can I see one? Or a screen shot if you prefer.

10-08-2009
V.I.P.

the ali turner thread in supporting cast.....but there is LOTS more

10-08-2009
V.I.P.

OK....they're not little locks at all....( I found my reading glasses and I've decided that they look like little redirect arrows) I still would like to know what they mean.

10-08-2009
V.I.P.

^ it means you that posted on those threads that have it. if you pass your mouse on them, each one of them will tell you how many posts you made there.

10-08-2009
V.I.P.

Thank you so much.....that was so nice of you to reply.

11-08-2009
V.I.P.

You're welcome.

11-08-2009
Soviet Camaro

Thank you, Filipe.

13-08-2009
fashion icon

Harper's Bazaar worldwide thread?
Why there is not Harper's Bazaar worldwide thread? Every international magazines has a thread except Bazaar

V.I.P.

PM one of the Magazine Forum moderators and ask them. Especially if you have material to start one, they will probably say "Go ahead!".

16-08-2009
backstage pass

Why can't you use all caps??

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
misc, questions, threads