How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-01-2011
Tech Geek

Mobile Device Detection Enabled
Mobile Device Detection has been enabled on tFS Forums. If you visit the forums with a mobile device (iphone, android, nokia, blackberry, etc.) you will automatically be switched to the mobile style. If you wish to use the full style you can switch to it by clicking on the "Full Version" link near the top. A link has been placed at the top so you can also quickly switch back to the mobile style as you may just want to switch to full to use a specific feature. It's been done this way so mobile device users on low bandwidth don't have to wait forever for the site to load. They also may not have a javascript capable/enabled browser which is necessary to use the style chooser. If you have any problems with it, post it here.

08-02-2011
V.I.P.

Hi Buffaloed,

Two problems that have come up.

The first is when I switced to Mobile (via the nav bar menu, below ... because I'm on my home computer) and then used the "Full Version" to get back ... it put me into Version 2 ... which is an old skin. I beleive it should be Version 3.

Secondly ... a member reported a problem with pop up ads on her Blackberry ... not sure it's us or something at her end, like a virus or ad ware or if it is on our Mobil version. Here's her post in the thread about tech issues with ads: #103

08-02-2011
Tech Geek

It's been fixed it so it goes to the proper version. That issue only affected administrators. The mobil version has no advertising.

10-02-2011
Ère de ℳodernité

I have this problem with advertising! The log-in page is covered with "apple recipes Bread recipes Vegetables recipes" etc which prevent me from logging in.

fashion icon

^You have to put the option: column view, and these recipes will be on down. It happened to me too but now the adverts don't disturb.

Why can't I see the pictures in mobile version? I have to switch to full version
Posted via Mobile Device

26-02-2011
V.I.P.

There are no pics in mobile version. Probably because all our pics are what makes it hard to download tFS to a mobile device, in the first place . Mobile version is offered as a faster and more compact alternative. If you want all those pics and have the patience for them to download, then just switch back.

Last edited by BetteT; 26-02-2011 at 03:45 PM.
05-03-2011
An die Freude.

If I'm on the mobile site (iPhone), let's say in a magazine-thread, and want to switch to the full version of the thread to see pictures I'm always sent to forums.thefashionspot.com - and not the particular thread I was visiting in the mobile version.

It's a bit annoying and time consuming in the long term to find the thread and page I was watching before.

Any chance there is a fix coming?

_

Last edited by candlebougie; 05-03-2011 at 08:40 AM.
07-03-2011
V.I.P.

Probably not ... sorry.

07-03-2011
An die Freude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT View Post
Probably not ... sorry.
Too bad, the mobile version would be so much more useful.

07-03-2011
windowshopping

Thank you for the mobile version of the forums. The only thing is - I often use my iPad and it is recognised as a mobile device, which is quite unnecesarry imo.. I feel like I keep on switching to the full version all the times. Is there any way of setting an iPad to always open the threads in the full mode?

07-03-2011
V.I.P.

I beleive an iPad is identified as a moblile device by the way it leaves a signature or the network you are using ... and I don't think our system is able to determine that it's not just another mobile device. Maybe there's a way to change that on your iPad?

07-03-2011
Ère de ℳodernité

There should be something that "remembers" if you want to be "full version" all the time or not. It's annoying to have to do always the same thing to have a proper access.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
detection, device, enabled, mobile