How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-01-2010
trendsetter

post count stuck at 999
OK, perhaps this is a silly question but I don't post here that often these days. I've searched the FAQ but I can't figure out why my post count is stuck at 999 despite recent activity. what am I missing here or is it a glitch?

TIA

12-01-2010
fashion insider

^ it's probably because your recent posts were made in the Sidewalk Café area of the forums. Posts there don't get added to your post count. And now you've made this post your count has gone up to 1000. Hope that helps

trendsetter

makes total sense. thanks

19-05-2010
scenester

From yesterday,my post count didn't go up I don't know why,it always keep 29.Very strange

The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tianranyouran View Post
From yesterday,my post count didn't go up I don't know why,it always keep 29.Very strange
It went up to 30 when you posted in here!

Your posts in the the Sidewalk Café: Heart & Soul, Rumor Has It, The Art of Noice & The Entertainment Spot forums do not count in your total post count, with the exception of your posts in Celebrity Singers & Musicians.

05-09-2010
windowshopping

MissMagAddict,

Thanks for that as I was wondering why my post count shows 2 instead of 12 but I've posted in the forums that do not count as posts.

04-10-2010
fashion insider

^^Oh, that makes sense.

01-02-2011
V.I.P.

Little by little, it appears my "Posts" count number is declining. Anyone know the reason?

V.I.P.

Nothing is wrong ... so I moved your post into this thread which will answer all you questions about why posts may disappear.

Most likely ... posts have been deleted by the mods. If you have been in conversations that have been removed from threads for being off topic or something, the person who starts the problem is notified but we don't notify everyone else (everyone thinks they are in trouble if we send the auto PM's ... so we don't, unless youv'e broken a rule). Or a moderator might be cleaning up a thread after it's been closed and archived, removing posts with dead links or what we call "empty posts" (posts with no helpful information) or if the threads have been moved from a section where posts "count" to a non fashion forum where, where they don't "count".

There is not easy way for us to determine what has happened in your case ... it' could any or all of the above.

Last edited by BetteT; 02-02-2011 at 11:11 AM.
02-06-2011
front row

I created account few days ago, and my post count was5. But today I couldn't post and after another activation mail I started all over again. I really don't care about numbers, I just wonder why I could not post.

02-06-2011
V.I.P.

Now that is really weird... and has nothing to do with a post count error.

You have two identical accounts. The question is how in the heck were you able to have 2 accounts ... with the exact same name and same email address? The system does not allow that ... or a least it never has in the past. I tried to merge them together, so you'd now have 7 posts ... but the system won't do it.

I would say it's just a glich in the system.

I am going to try something ... change the name and email on the first account (since you are able to use the second one) ... and then merge it into the second account to restore all of your posts in one account. That should work. But ... if it doesn't, please see below:

IMPORTANT!

If I do this and you find that again, you are unable to post ... please do not set up another account. Instead, use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page and report it to Tech Support and say that I referred you. They will let me know and then we can assist you with a brand new account ... that works.

Last edited by BetteT; 02-06-2011 at 01:21 PM.
02-06-2011
V.I.P.

Done ... and I see your post count is now at 7 ... so it looks like it was sucessful. However ... I won't know for sure, until you post again in this thread.

02-06-2011
front row

thank you, that was really weird

11-08-2011
trendsetter

Okay not that I'm complaining but it's bugging me. Last time I checked my post count was at 1,065. Now it's at 1,074. How did it increase? Because all of my posts from the past month has been in the Sidewalk Cafe.

12-08-2011
V.I.P.

One of the threads you participated in was relocated to an area where posts do count.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
count, dropped, post