How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-05-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastical View Post
I would like to know how to get an entire thread deleted. I do not think it is fair to have the Vogue adopts 16yr and over modeling thread and not talk about the MAIN point of the article. I am well aware of the forum rules and tried very hard to avoid weight talk in my post.

If this is the case, that thread should either be closed completely or edited to ONLY reflect the age rule and nothing about body image or eating disorders. Because honestly, to not talk about it is like having an elephant in the room. In my original post I just wanted to make it be known that age doesn't matter when it comes to whether or not a person "looks" like they have an eating disorder. Which is why it is ridiculous for the vogue editors to adopt such a rule.

This is a very touchy subject for me so I just want people to understand my point on the matter. I am in no way shape or form talking about "weight" and would therefore have my post put back or that thread edited or gone completely
It very clearly states in the title of the thread *No Weight Talk* allowed. Your post is the only one in that thread that has thus far violated that warning, which coincides with board policy. We wanted to leave the article up because it's an important issue, worth reading, and other users seem to recognize that and be able to discuss the new age accordance without mentioning weight talk or eating disorders. Feel free to repost your thoughts in a way that doesn't violate the board rules regarding weight talk. The thread will not be closed for one user who can't follow policy; if we did that, there wouldn't be many threads left on tFS.

04-05-2012
V.I.P.

Yes, I am aware that no weight talk is allowed on this forum, and I am happy to oblige with these rules. However, if this is the case then how is the thread even able to exist? Especially when the entire article talks about what models look like and their body image and such...

I would honestly like to get a second opinion from other moderators on my post. The only reason I even mentioned an eating disorder is because it was mentioned in the original post and wanted to clarify my difference in opinion to the new rule at Vogue. In NO way, shape or form do I ever mention weight talk. How does eating disorder = weight talk?

From the Community Rules
8.Weight talk is not permitted.
10. Medical advice (including discussion of weight loss diets) is not permitted.

Believe me I read and re-read my post several times specifically to avoid this because I understand completely why no weight talk is allowed on a forum like this, but I truly do not believe that my post violates this rule.

my post:
Quote:
Are these people complete idiots or do they really not understand that you can look completely "normal" and still have an eating disorder. It can go unnoticed, and women can keep getting compliments on how great they look - reinforcing their this negative behavior.

I do like points 3-6 IF they'll actually honor what they say

Completely unrelated, but personally I think the age should be 18 instead of 16
also,

Quote:
It very clearly states in the title of the thread *No Weight Talk* allowed. Your post is the only one in that thread that has thus far violated that warning, which coincides with board policy. We wanted to leave the article up because it's an important issue, worth reading, and other users seem to recognize that and be able to discuss the new age accordance without mentioning weight talk or eating disorders. Feel free to repost your thoughts in a way that doesn't violate the board rules regarding weight talk. The thread will not be closed for one user who can't follow policy; if we did that, there wouldn't be many threads left on tFS.
I'm not asking for the thread to be closed for my own personal gain, I'm asking for it to be closed (and/or edited) due to the very rules which you seem to want to members to adhere to so vehemently.

04-05-2012
V.I.P.

Your request is noted and we will bring it up for the mod team to discuss and to vote on. If the consensus is that it should be edited a bit, we will do that.

However, you need to understand that we have had numerous articles posted in the past with some reference to weight and/or size and most member still are able to respect the "no weight talk rule". No matter what is posted in a thread ... it still does not give anyone permission to discuss weight, size or eating disorders.

"Eating disorders" is all about weight, health issues and psychological issues. It's all wrapped up in "weight". And talk about it is exactly what got this whole topic banned to start with. We used to have a whole "ana" community here touting thier "secrets" about how to loose weight and encouraging others to "diet", purge and to take other unhealthy actions. Almost all of this was extremely dangerous information influencing our underage guests and members. And since many people look to the Fashion Spot as a place where knowlegable and fashionalbe people gather, we did not want to have any part in this sort of misinformation. So, we took a strong stance against this, and it worked. This rule, which has been in effect for many years now ... has effectively removed all of that talk and sentiment ... and if the "anas' are still here, they certainly no longer can be seen by the casual reader. And we intend to keep it that way.

So the rule may seem ridiculous, but we know that it's the best thing for tFS.

We will not discuss the "no weight talk" rule any further ... it is not negotiable.

Last edited by BetteT; 04-05-2012 at 09:44 PM.

05-05-2012
V.I.P.

Thank you for your response, I both appreciate and respect it completely.

and just so I'm clear (because it is hard for me to express myself through just words online) I am in NO way advocating that we should be allowed to talk about weight. I agree with that rule 100%.

07-05-2012
fashion insider

I just had a post removed from this thread for "improper image credit" but I don't understand why. The credit was clearly listed right before the attachment and I've seen plenty of people use images from the same website.

V.I.P.

Just checked your removed post. This was your credit:

Quote:
FGR
This is an extract from our crediting policy :

Quote:
Abbreviations -Please do not use abbreviations. Many members do not know what the abbreviations stand for. Only those "in the know" will understand the reference, so posting an abbreviation as credit negates the purpose of posting credits.
Hope that helps.

fashion insider

Oooh.. thanks! I thought I'd also seen someone abbreviate it before.

V.I.P.

Please report that next time you see it if you have the time, we try to keep it under control but sometimes will overlook stuff like this that ultimately just spreads the idea that it is correct (while others get edited for it!).

V.I.P.

A mod removed my post from this thread for drug talk.

Unless there was some slang that completely went over my head, there was no drug talk in my post. I am pretty militant about reviewing my posts - especially in the Rumor has it... section - for this.

Last edited by dpbenson; 15-05-2012 at 05:42 AM.
15-05-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpbenson View Post
A mod removed my post from this thread for drug talk.

Unless there was some slang that completely went over my head, there was no drug talk in my post. I am pretty militant about reviewing my posts - especially in the Rumor has it... section - for this.
you posted this material:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpbenson View Post
Kimora Lee's privates smell like kimchi.

Getting off Ambien was harder than giving up cocaine.
it is inapproriate for TFS. therefore it was removed.

15-05-2012
fashion icon

Here's a bit of a twist..

When I first joined, when I would use my cell, some of my posts would accidentally duplicate & cuz my cell was giving me trouble, time would run out before I could delete them. Also, I have a couple of posts that cuz i did not understand the title of the thread went completely off topic & kinda killed the WHOLE thread, which I feel really guilty about & I'm slightly ocd, so it still kinda bothers me...

My point is, I want them removed & when I would click on a mods name it would say their page was "private".. Anyway, I was wondering if I could just report my posts, would that get them deleted??

Thanx in advance for the help
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by modelista; 15-05-2012 at 05:23 PM.
15-05-2012
V.I.P.

We don't remove posts on request unless we determine they're breaking our policies or compromise your privacy in some way. If we could grant requests of removal based on guilt or embarrassment, some areas, like Heart & Soul, would be nearly empty.

The best way to deal with that is just to improve your future posting style by reading pinned threads in every area, the specific rules of some threads, following the positive interactions carried out by other members in a thread, using the 'preview post' button, not giving in in certain discussions (if it looks like the others are already in trouble or derailing a discussion, don't join it!, sooner or later infractions will be distributed among the participants and you don't want to be one of them).

There are more ways to contact a moderator besides accessing a profile: a) you can click on their name and choose 'send private message to xx' instead of 'view this member's profile', b) go straight to your inbox and type the moderator's name directly in 'new message' & c) see 'view leaders' at the bottom of the forums and click on the PM button.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by MulletProof; 15-05-2012 at 05:43 PM.
19-05-2012
backstage pass

I would love to know why my post in the Chanel Versailles thread (page 8) was deleted...I don't even remember what the heck it said...

I don't know

^It was removed because it was off topic. The thread is there to discuss the fashion, not the music.

I hope that answered the question

21-05-2012
V.I.P.

The music thing isn't clearly explained.

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/sho...&postcount=152

are we allowed to discuss what songs are used, but not talk about the actual songs (ie, "I don't think it fits the show")? Like in this post above that didn't get deleted?

But more, why is it considered off topic? I've seen comments made about sets that weren't removed. I've seen comments about the hair/makeup that weren't removed. Those topics are parts of the fashion show, just as the music is, but they aren't discussions about the actual fashion, either.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, answer, deleted, info, post, privacy, rumor, thread