How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-05-2012
Soviet Camaro

The topic is Designers and Collections, and the focus should be on the collections.

Comments about sets, hair, makeup and soundtrack might be considered on topic if a connection to the collection is established.

Remarks about the secondary aspects of the show that do not tie into or contribute to the discussion may be deleted at moderators' discretion. Your post fell into this category:

Quote:
the music is truly dreadful...
Thank you for pointing out the other off-topic post following yours, it has been removed. You could also have used the report post function, that would have been a better way to get a moderator to look at it.

We would appreciate it if you do not air your grievances in the discussion threads; they clutter and derail the thread and will always be deleted for off-topic. If you wish to ask a question about moderation, you can PM a moderator or post in this thread, as you eventually did.

21-05-2012
V.I.P.

^ that actually wasn't me

21-05-2012
Soviet Camaro

My apologies for the mistake. Did I answer your question about the discussion of music?

backstage pass

Hello

Sorry if that has been posted and I ask this with not disrespect but... is pregnancy really considered a "Weight talk"?

I was very surprised to have a post deleted for "weight talk" while talking about a baby bump showing up...

22-05-2012
V.I.P.

Hello Larek
Yes, when the pregnancy isn't confirmed yet and the speculation is solely based on a growing belly, then we consider those posts mentioning a 'baby bump' weight talk. Any other talk about a rumored pregnancy is ok - but only in the model's/celebrity's Rumour Has It thread.

12-07-2012
V.I.P.

My latest post in the Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes thread was deleted and reason was off-topic. Another member posted an article about the case, and I was responding to it. I notice the other member's post is gone too. I don't understand why it's considered off-topic?

12-07-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
My latest post in the Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes thread was deleted and reason was off-topic. Another member posted an article about the case, and I was responding to it. I notice the other member's post is gone too. I don't understand why it's considered off-topic?
We don't allow religious talk, never have, never will. (Scientology included).

A moderator put a reminder in the thread here:
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/sho...&postcount=149

We have also added a reminder to the title of the thread.

The article was removed because it was all about Suri being in Scientology school, a double whammy as we don't allow talk about minors on tFS.

17-07-2012
V.I.P.

Im not understanding this new 'meaningful content' rule. I didn't know my compliments of a model or art wasn't meaninful. It is really irritating.

17-07-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplylovely View Post
Im not understanding this new 'meaningful content' rule. I didn't know my compliments of a model or art wasn't meaninful. It is really irritating.
It's not a new rule. It's been in our Community Rules for a while:
Quote:
We encourage you to contribute information and/or pictures and to participate in meaningful conversation. Please refrain from “power posting” or making repeated “empty posts”. New posts trigger subscription emails which can become a nuisance for other members if the posts are frequent but don't contribute to the discussion in any way. Please consider other members before you post. Please use our karma feature, profile comments or personal messages instead.
http://www.thefashionspot.com/community

17-07-2012
V.I.P.

It is, however, a new "explanation" added to the roster for the mods to choose when they used the system to delete posts. Prior to that, all they had was "powerposting" ... or sometimes they could use "Off topic". But neither of these explained the problem quite as well as this one ... so you will probably be seeing this new reason more often than the others, going forward.

17-07-2012
V.I.P.

Now what about reported posts?

I reported that this post was a duplicate:

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/sho...&postcount=847

Here's the original post in the very same thread:

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/sho...&postcount=512

And no one did anything about it.

17-07-2012
V.I.P.

My post in the Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise Divorce thread was deleted because I apparently "talked about Scientology".

What's interesting is that I, in fact, did not reference Scientology (nor did I even insinuate it). I posted a picture of Tommy Davis because he looks like Suri and a Mod deleted it. Again, I didn't mention Scientology or the fact that Tommy Davis is a Scientologist (his religion is incidental, I just think he looks suspiciously Suri).

That's like having a Mod remove a picture of John Stewart just because he's Jewish and thus it "references" Judaism.

What gives? I want a thorough explanation for this please.

17-07-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
Now what about reported posts?

I reported that this post was a duplicate:

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/sho...&postcount=847

Here's the original post in the very same thread:

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/sho...&postcount=512

And no one did anything about it.
we received your report the text of which is quoted below:

Quote:
repost
i checked 5 pages back (i have my TFS page setting set to view as many posts as possible) and i did not see the original post.

you did not list the original post. i now see that it is hundreds of posts earlier than the "repost".

we ask that members not repost material that may be in the archived thread. we also ask them to check back 5 pages or more to see if the material may have been previously posted. that is reasonable. (fyi, if a member has a serious problem with reposts, accidental or not we may ask them individually to take more precautions than this)

so, in short. we could not find the original post.

goodbye kiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulyss View Post
My post in the Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise Divorce thread was deleted because I apparently "talked about Scientology".

What's interesting is that I, in fact, did not reference Scientology (nor did I even insinuate it). I posted a picture of Tommy Davis because he looks like Suri and a Mod deleted it. Again, I didn't mention Scientology or the fact that Tommy Davis is a Scientologist (his religion is incidental, I just think he looks suspiciously Suri).

That's like having a Mod remove a picture of John Stewart just because he's Jewish and thus it "references" Judaism.

What gives? I want a thorough explanation for this please.
Your post wasn't removed because of religion talk. tFS does not allowed any discussion about minors (including celebrities' daughters/sons therefore Suri), we've very careful about that.

17-07-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckgirlbr View Post
Your post wasn't removed because of religion talk. tFS does not allowed any discussion about minors (including celebrities' daughters/sons therefore Suri), we've very careful about that.
Point taken, but this was what I was sent:

Hello,

Recently one of your posts was removed for the following reason:

- Please see title of the thread. Discussion about Scientology is not allowed (this includes visuals).

For more information please see moderator notes in the thread. If you have any doubts, feel free to contact a moderator.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, answer, delete, deleted, info, moderators, post, privacy, read, thread