How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-07-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
And no one did anything about it.
You also have to keep in mind that while reported posts alert the moderation team of rules violations and it is great help, it does not guarantee moderator action. A reported posts sends notification to mods in the area and then it's up for review. We encourage members to use them just like we encourage to be mindful about its use. Reposts, quoted pictures, misspellings.. moderators remove that on a regular basis but because they don't threaten the course of interaction, it is not always done immediately, they're against the guidelines because they take up bandwidth, but they don't disrupt the forums.. so it's important members keep this in mind and lean more in favor of reporting posts that do require immediate action instead of those that are mostly not good etiquette and will be gone anyways at some point.

Fabulyss, the violation ckgirlbr mentions is right but the specific post you got a reminder for is because it's a direct part of a discussion on Scientology.. started by another member, yes, however, moderators have added basically all possible signs to prevent more discussion on this. Needless to say, the fact that Tommy Davis is known not really for his resemblance to Suri (intent of your post) but what he heads is enough a reason to associate it with what was asked multiple times not to discuss.

23-07-2012
fashion elite

So, my post got deleted because someone said that someone italian is inherently more attractive than someone black and I refuted it????????

Last edited by LabelWhore4; 23-07-2012 at 03:54 AM.
23-07-2012
I don't know

^It was removed because the post you were responding to was edited to leave that part out. If you go back one page in that thread you will see it.

Last edited by saann; 23-07-2012 at 04:37 AM.
23-07-2012
V.I.P.

Correct .... we removed your response to that potentially racist remark. All members need to be aware that anything that starts to look like a racist remark is inflamitory in nature and it not allowed anywhere on tFS. Members also need to understand that they should not respond to such comments because that will inflame the situation and make things worse.

You should just report them and we will review the comment and if we agree that it might be racist, we will take care of it.

Last edited by BetteT; 23-07-2012 at 10:23 AM.

01-09-2012
V.I.P.

My post was deleted in this thread:

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f63...-187179-6.html

I didn't even receive a notification of it, I just noticed it was gone.

01-09-2012
V.I.P.

I can only guess that, since it's a pretty blatant violation of the weight policy, it was assumed a notification of removal was not necessary.. cause it's optional.

Not sure if you saw it but someone replied specifically to that part of your comment (the weight example) so it was inflammatory.

Perhaps you could post your comment again but resorting to another example that does comply with our policies.

V.I.P.

So my post from the Vogue Paris November 2012 thread was deleted as it was a deemed a duplicate post/repost, yet I posted a HQ version of the cover when the only other image was miniscule in resolution. Can a moderator explain to me? Thanks in advance.

.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melancholybaby View Post
So my post from the Vogue Paris November 2012 thread was deleted as it was a deemed a duplicate post/repost, yet I posted a HQ version of the cover when the only other image was miniscule in resolution. Can a moderator explain to me? Thanks in advance.
It was a moderator error, slightly. The moderator went to format the picture in post #1 into a thumbnail as it was too large of a photo, and somehow when doing so broke the link to the image [which I have now fixed] -- which was the exact size/resolution you had posted. So yes, yours was technically a repost.

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 15-10-2012 at 12:21 PM.
15-10-2012
V.I.P.

^Thanks for the explanation. When I posted the pic the other pic was broken but it all makes sense now.

V.I.P.

I posted 2 photos (in 2 posts) under the "Get It Before It's Gone" Ebay thread. My posts were deleted due to a lack of photo credit, however in the post I explicitly said "I'm selling these items on Ebay".

Therefore, how is it not obvious that the photos were my own? How could I have NOT taken the photos for my own Ebay listing?

Last edited by Fabulyss; 16-10-2012 at 09:58 PM.

16-10-2012
V.I.P.

Just checked. The thread's a bit inconsistent, both in member's posting style (some credit, some don't, some credit some pictures ) and moderators' actions (who, after all, are members too and expect standards to be on a par with the rest of the forum), I'm not sure if that confusion's been inherited from the previous thread or if the drop-a-link dynamic has ever generated a problem but either way, yeah, it is confusing and I don't blame you, I just restored your posts because it's a result of a weak structure going on there and that the moderation team needs to discuss further. Sorry about that.

V.I.P.

^Thanks so much. So we should be crediting our own pics from now on in the Ebay thread? I'll do it anyway just to be super careful

17-10-2012
Soviet Camaro

I think it's good and should be required to credit your photos. I have seen people use other people's photos for their eBay listings, especially if they are reselling something they bought on eBay or another online site; they just use the previous seller's pics.

fashion icon

I wrote a comment in Kate Upton's VI thread about how rude it was that people were calling her derogatory names and it got deleted. And I can sort of see why it might, it wasn't totally on topic, however I'm not sure I understand why some people's comments were allowed to stay. I mean one person basically said that Kate looked, "like a good little sl*t." Could someone clarify for me why this is okay and my comment wasn't? Thanks!

Ahhh....scratch this post....apparently I don't know how to read (mine was still there)! Sorry about that. Though I am still curious about the rules of calling a model certain names and comments not being deleted.

Last edited by YoninahAliza; 30-10-2012 at 01:01 PM. Reason: I'm silly and apparently can't read properly. lol
30-10-2012
Soviet Camaro

There is no rule against expressing a negative opinion - once - about a model, celebrity, designer, or other fashion figure. In this case, saying that a model looks like "a good little sl*t" is not necessarily even a negative opinion about that model; it could be a comment on the styling, on the editorial, and/or on social roles and stereotypes.

It is against guidelines to repeatedly make negative remarks about the same model/celeb/etc.

And it is against guidelines to attack other members or call them names, either personally or in groups. Your post could have been deleted for calling members rude, for example.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, answer, delete, deleted, info, moderators, post, privacy, read, thread