How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-07-2014
.my prison is your brain.

It was me! And yes, because you ran around several threads posting links I chose to remove them.

There really isn't a great choice for removal in situations like these, but I thought you'd figure out what I meant. Apologies, like you, I was busy and didn't take the time to send a PM.

If everyone runs around the board posting links instead of pictures this board would be a mess.

You're a good member, didn't mean to confuse or upset you, but hope you understand where I was coming from

12-07-2014
V.I.P.

Im noticing that almost everytime i post an ed they keep getting deleted & i dont understand why??

I'm being too think it's personal. TIA

12-07-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelista View Post
Im noticing that almost everytime i post an ed they keep getting deleted & i dont understand why??

I'm being too think it's personal. TIA
your posts were removed as your images were the wrong size. you should have received an automatic message explaining why your posts were removed.

12-07-2014
V.I.P.

Really?? They cuz they don't look that big and i have NO clue as to how to do thumbnails.

Well, anyway thanx for the reply.. it's just frustrating spending all that time posting just for them to get deleted 10mins later

13-07-2014
V.I.P.

Our system shrinks them visually, but the bandwidth draw is still huge and it slows things down for everyone else who is trying to view that page, making the wait excruciatingly long ... so we ask members not to post anything larger than about 800 pixels wide ... at least not wider than 1200. It's in the Community Rules, I think.

There is a thread here in Member Support ... about how to post thumbnails. I suggest you read it, to see how other members do it. It's a bit different for some sites, depending on the image hosting site that you are using. If you can't figure it out, just ask there and probably other members can walk you through it.

Last edited by BetteT; 13-07-2014 at 06:21 PM.
11-08-2014
rising star

Do moderators actually read the post they delete?
I received a message that one of my replies / posts got deleted alledgedly due to weight talk. I commented below a picture that showed several people (among them Frida & Barbara) in the Barabara Palvin thread. I commented that Barbara looked tiny next to Frida. One look at the picture should have given anyone a clue that I was talking about HEIGHT because 170-something Barbara looked really tiny when standing next to giant 180-something Frida in said picture. How is that weight talk? My comment did not refer to weight at all and if the moderator in question had actually read it and looked at the picture right above the comment they would have realized that! Do the moderators actually read the comments or just delete all comments that contain certain words (in this case "tiny"). This is quite infuriating! Aren't we even allowed to talk about a model's height anymore?!

11-08-2014
.my prison is your brain.

Your post was:

Quote:
She sure looks tiny next to Frida!
If you meant height you should have specified it by saying she looked shorter/not as tall/etc.

I realize that English is not your first language, and believe that your intention was not to discuss weight, but the moderator who removed it obviously misinterpreted what you were trying to say because you did not elaborate further.

So not entirely your fault, and not entirely the moderator's fault either.

Things like this happen.

Hope you understand

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, answer, delete, deleted, info, moderators, post, privacy, read, thread