How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-09-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by tFS Mod Squad
Hello,

One of your posts has been deleted by a forum moderator. Please review our community rules. The reason for the deletion follows at the end of this message.
tFS Mod Squad

Reason:
Improper credit

Referring link:
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/sho....php?p=9665703
The reason for deletion wasn't very helpful.

I put the link for the website i got it from. I specifically wrote 'images from http://witchery.com.au'. i'm not sure what else I am meant to do? Was I meant to put purely from witchery.com.au? the specific page I obtained the images from? I notice other users who posted before me put credit such as 'ebay.com.uk' ? It doesn't seem like a very consistent rule nor does it seem like sufficient credit.

It's also slightly ironic that the link provided for the 'community rules' doesn't even work.

17-09-2011
windowshopping

If there is a reasonable explanation I'm happy to hear it Thank-you moderators.

(for some reason I couldn't edit the first post I made on this page, so I apologise for the double post)

Last edited by littlecat; 17-09-2011 at 01:06 PM.
17-09-2011
V.I.P.

The details about the crediting rules can be found in the Announcements forum ... pinned near the top. (That is where we clarify a lot of things for members, so always check there first for explanations.)

Crediting Rules: posting the source/credits for an image, article or news story

In particular, I can see that you posted a link as a credit which is one of our weird rules here ... no links as credits. I will assume this was the problem.

It should look like this: witchery.com.au To prevent this from happening, if you cut and paste an URL, be sure to remove the "http:" or the "www." from it, because those will automatically turn it into a link.

17-09-2011
windowshopping

Thanks very much BettyT! I thought that may have been the issue. I would have fixed this up quite easily if told Oh well.

Thanks again for your help and I'll do this in the future

22-10-2011
fashion insider

I don't know if this is the place to post it, but I reaaally don't understand how my post was 'powerposting'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tFS Mod Squad
Hello,

One of your posts has been deleted by a forum moderator. Please review our community rules. The reason for the deletion follows at the end of this message.
tFS Mod Squad

Reason:
Powerposting

Referring link:
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/sho....php?p=9844507
I was thanking someone for ID'ing an outfit?

V.I.P.

Few days ago, I posted this and today when I found that better quality version + some new images became available I posted them aswell here, and after this I mentioned that it would be better to remove my previous post (that I posted few days ago) and to leave new one, not to have same images in the same thread. And I've received reminder that it's Off Topic, I don't think I posted something that was off-topic.

22-10-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuellaLuella View Post
I don't know if this is the place to post it, but I reaaally don't understand how my post was 'powerposting'.

I was thanking someone for ID'ing an outfit?
"Powerposting" is one of those very subjective things that has determined by the viewing modertor. Generally we consider it to be "powerposting" when a member is posting too may "no info" posts ... posting without adding new information.

An occassional "thank you" is actually OK ... but doing that actually creates a problem for members who have subscribed to the thread ... it emails them that there is a new post, and then they go there only to see that it's only a "thank you" or some other comment that adds nothing new. So, we suggest that you say your thank yous via, PM's, profile comments or, even easier, via karma, instead.

I don't know whether or not you do this a lot ... but if you do, that's probably why it was deleted. But even if you don't, it's not considered a serious problem or anything when you get a post deleted like this ... until we contact you via a reminder or a warning.

22-10-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsha View Post
Few days ago, I posted this and today when I found that better quality version + some new images became available I posted them aswell here, and after this I mentioned that it would be better to remove my previous post (that I posted few days ago) and to leave new one, not to have same images in the same thread. And I've received reminder that it's Off Topic, I don't think I posted something that was off-topic.
Well, it actually was "off topic" ... the post that was deleted was the request you made to the moderator was not about the actual topic of the thread. Since we have to choose some "reason" form a list whenever we delete a post, I probably would have used "See moderator for explanation" if I was the moderator who took care of it, but "Off topic" is just as good of a choice.

You are lucky a moderator even saw it ... we don't get to read every single post, we just spot check. A better way to handle this would be to "report" the post you wanted to have deleted and explain why. That will PM all the mods for that forum and one of them will jump in and take care of it for you.

But, since it was taken care of, there is no reason to leave the post behind (it would not even make sense to someone reading the thread, after the first post was deleted) so it would be deleted whether or not they allowed the notification to go out to you. Was it taken care of to your satisfaction?

Last edited by BetteT; 22-10-2011 at 12:46 PM.
22-10-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT View Post
"Powerposting" is one of those very subjective things that has determined by the viewing modertor. Generally we consider it to be "powerposting" when a member is posting too may "no info" posts ... posting without adding new information.

An occassional "thank you" is actually OK ... but doing that actually creates a problem for members who have subscribed to the thread ... it emails them that there is a new post, and then they go there only to see that it's only a "thank you" or some other comment that adds nothing new. So, we suggest that you say your thank yous via, PM's, profile comments or, even easier, via karma, instead.

I don't know whether or not you do this a lot ... but if you do, that's probably why it was deleted. But even if you don't, it's not considered a serious problem or anything when you get a post deleted like this ... until we contact you via a reminder or a warning.

It's just what annoys me is that other people have posted mere 'thank you's plenty of times and none of their posts have been deleted.

V.I.P.

Acually, you don't have the opportunity to learn which posts nor how many posts have been deleted ... you cannot see them. We do lots and lots of them ... every day. But with thousands of posts a day, we don't get to every thread and every post ... impossible. We spot check some every day and we focus on threads where there seem to be problems (reported posts, arguments, off topic discussions, etc. ), so if you just happen to have posted something off topic there, we're very likely to notice it and delete it along with all the other posts. It's not personal ... it's just that you happened to post that day ... and got caught in a clean up.

And, as I said. it's not a mark against you until you see a Warning. If you get a Warning, then that indicates that we think that you are overdoing it and we want you to stop. One post removed is nothing to worry about .... it's not a negative in our eyes.

25-10-2011
V.I.P.

Hi,

Recently my post have been deleted for various reasons (today was for off topic discussion).

I'm relating to my last posts, but this counts also for previous ones: is it possible for the mods not to delete the entire post, but maybe modify it a bit.

I posted a pic of K. Stewart taken from her mom's FB account, and then a post afterwards some more info, as one of the members required it.

My two posts were deleted, whereas they could have been modified, or at least the first one could be spared.

My inbox is often filled with these kind of notifications. Make me feel like I've done some kind of felony or crime...

25-10-2011
Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora View Post
Hi,

Recently my post have been deleted for various reasons (today was for off topic discussion).

I'm relating to my last posts, but this counts also for previous ones: is it possible for the mods not to delete the entire post, but maybe modify it a bit.

I posted a pic of K. Stewart taken from her mom's FB account, and then a post afterwards some more info, as one of the members required it.

My two posts were deleted, whereas they could have been modified, or at least the first one could be spared.

My inbox is often filled with these kind of notifications. Make me feel like I've done some kind of felony or crime...
You posted in Kristin Stewart's Style thread. Your posts were not about her style and were therefore entirely off topic, so there was nothing to preserve.

If you are frequently having posts deleted, you need to be more mindful of the forum rules and guidelines. It's not a felony or crime, but your posts will continue to be deleted if you ignore the guidelines, and you could eventually lose membership privileges.

Moderators generally do edit, rather than delete posts when there is still useful content. However, due to the high number of posts made every day, sometimes moderators will simply remove posts - especially if it is necessary to call the member's attention to the issues.

V.I.P.

My post was a picture of her, taken from her Mom's facebook account - nothing irrelevant about it.I've seen other people post pics from twitter, facebook or tumblr of celebrities.

The second post, yes, maybe it was off-topic, as I was discussing with another member about where I found her pic.

26-10-2011
Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora View Post
My post was a picture of her, taken from her Mom's facebook account - nothing irrelevant about it.I've seen other people post pics from twitter, facebook or tumblr of celebrities.

The second post, yes, maybe it was off-topic, as I was discussing with another member about where I found her pic.
The point you seem to be missing is that the picture had zero to do with her style. You posted it in her style thread. Therefore, it is off topic. Please make sure that what you post is relevant to the topic.

While we are on the subject of external sites, moderators may remove pictures that are deemed personal at their discretion, although that is of secondary importance here.

V.I.P.

It's not the source of the image that is the issue (or it would have been deleted for being from a private site, not for being off topic). It was probably the content that we felt was off topic. And you are correct, we can't possibly catch every off topic picture ... we only spot check. So you will see other off topic posts from time to time ... but it's probably because we just did not see it.

Also, please be aware that the Kristin thread is a very problematic thread because it does veer off topic ... a lot! And we get lots of complaints from those members who are here for style and fashion ... our main purpose at tFS. The moderators are in there a lot to check that thread and try to delete anything that is veering off topic. We are asking members to cooperate with us in order to keep that thread on topic.

We are trying to let all of our members know that:

All threads in the Star Style forum are intended to be about various celebrities' style and their work. Not their personal lives, their friends, their partying or their romances, etc. That is why we started the Rumor Has It forum .... to provide a place for fans and members who want to talk about all of that. That is where you may post pics, if they relate to their personal lives.

Last edited by BetteT; 26-10-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, answer, delete, deleted, info, moderators, post, privacy, read, thread