How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-10-2011
V.I.P.

Oops ... I see we were both answering at the same time ... basically the same information.

27-10-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
One of your posts has been deleted by a forum moderator. Please review our community rules. The reason for the deletion follows at the end of this message.
tFS Mod Squad

Reason:
Flaming/Disrespect/Harassment
Referring link:
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/sho....php?p=9863599
OMG what did i do? those words are too much,i feel so bad! i dont even remember!!

.my prison is your brain.

^ Really, it was a mistake, MINE!
Someone reported your post for disrespect, and I swept in and removed your post for such, but now that I look at it I see that was not the case at all.

Still pretty off-topic though.

Apologies Jonathan.

27-10-2011
V.I.P.

no problem

i was just thinking really hard what did i said related to those words but couldnt remember.

okay than,thank you for u fast response

Thanks for being cool about it

27-10-2011
V.I.P.

I reversed it and changed it to "off topic".

05-11-2011
V.I.P.

It's again me, but I have many problems with tFS last time, mostly unfair (imo). I feel like most of the mods either don't work honestly or hate me.

Few days ago, I created US Elle December 2011 thread and posted every ed from this issue, then it was removed because tFS was asked to do it by Elle. Now today, one of the mods opened new thread again about the same issue (note: I PM-ed her that since cover was out in many major showbiz sites it would be ok to reopen thread) and when I posted if it would be better to get back old thread with all the eds, I got reminder that it was off-topic discussion. But why?! I don't understand. I always try to follow rules but this wasn't off topic imo, mod just could answer me, without giving reminder. And it's not first time!

Last edited by tarsha; 05-11-2011 at 11:13 AM.
05-11-2011
V.I.P.

^ My problem isn't that the thread was started again but why my question was off-topic.(though if in past it was possible to get back old thread, why it's not possible now, when I spend time to share eds with other tFS members, it's unpleasant to see it's get deleted).

05-11-2011
V.I.P.

YOu are correct ... the thread was removed because Elle/Hearst Publications requested it ... because it was not released yet.

You post was asking a question about whether or not we should have just restored the old thread, once it was OK. Please don't question moderator actions in the threads ... it has nothing to do with the topic of the thread. That is off topic ... it's a question for a moderator, which can be asked here ... or by PM.

And ... to answer that question ... if we return the original thread, then Hearst's lawyers may think that we never actually took it down. And if they think that we don't cooperate with them, they may forbid us from every using any Hearst pictures again ... form Elle and all of their other magazines. So ... we had a very good reason not to bring it back.

Last edited by BetteT; 05-11-2011 at 03:10 PM.
06-11-2011
V.I.P.

^ I asked in the thread because mod didn't reply me about the same question. Thanks for the answer. Thanks for all your help last days.

Last edited by tarsha; 06-11-2011 at 01:31 AM.
08-11-2011
V.I.P.

One of my posts were deleted, I think it was the thread I started for Bon Magazine in the magazines sub-forum.

Quote:
Reason:
Dead Link

Referring link:
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/sho....php?p=9904841
I don't understand why. Did I make a typo when crediting where I got my image from?

08-11-2011
Soviet Camaro

The reason, as stated, is Dead Link. No images were visible so the post had no usable content.

This may have been due to incorrectly constructed links, a host that doesn't permit image embedding, or some other reason.

V.I.P.

My bad, I'll try using another image host. Thank you for the reply!

09-11-2011
V.I.P.

I created a thread for VSFS photos and selected information and it was deleted. What I am assuming happened, based on what I saw posted in the main VSFS thread, is that the thread was deleted because someone posted pictures with an accompanying article in the thread which was very recently prohibited by a mod. My guess is that the person who posted it did not realize that the rule had changed, I would not have realize that except that a couple of posts of mine were deleted in the original purge and I got a notice via PM which directed me to look at the first post.

I created the thread and my "original vision" was for it to be a No Discussion thread and contain photos and general info about the show, the reason for even creating the thread was that the other thread was moving very, very, very fast and pictures and useful information were getting buried - a thread (1000 posts) opened and closed in less than a week. I put "Pictures Only" in the title for simplicity reasons, but I clarified in the first post that selected info would be posted like the final cast list and the themes because those were the recurring questions / requests in the discussion thread. The intent was for the thread to be mostly photos and that was how it was playing out, however that was over-ruled and the thread was changed to a pictures only thread, and the original post was edited with the notation that the thread would get deleted if a cast list or articles were posted which I assumed happened and voila.

I would like to respectfully request that the thread be restored, there have been a couple of inquiries of its whereabouts in the original thread. IIRC, the thread had over 2000 views (in less than a week) and less than 20 post and at that point only three or four people contributing to the thread, and therefore it was IMO a moderate-to-high interest thread but it was low maintenance. The way I see it if someone (probably unwittingly) violates the new rule (which would be obvious since the rule is pictures only), that post should be deleted and the member would know what's what when s/he got the PM about the deleted post, and if the same person violates the rule after that then s/he should be dealt with individually. IMO the viewers and other contributors to the thread should not be punish for that type of action. In the event that more people start contributing to the thread and in the event that there are more violations, my recommendation is to lock the thread for a few hours / a day or two with a bold-face note about the reason why, as it is more likely that people would read the last post than read the first post if they have visited the thread before.

Thank you.

09-11-2011

The mod team decided there was no real need for your thread, as all of these pictures were already posted in the VS 2011 show thread or the individual model threads. Given the high-volume number of pictures related to the VS show, the only thing your thread was really doing was eating away at bandwidth. Therefore, it will not be reopened.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, answer, delete, deleted, info, moderators, post, privacy, read, thread