How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-01-2012
backstage pass

Hi ModSquad,

I don't really mind that my post was deleted about angelina's rumoured pregnancy and i never usually would respond to a Reminder. However, I feel the need to query this time. i don't see how talking about pregnancy is 'weight talk'. women get bumps when they are pregnant?

i do find it very contradictory as there are whole threads about sasha's pregnancy and lily aldridge's, which are both in the rumour has it forum. al ambrosio's pregnancy and pics of her bump are also heavily discussed in her Supporting Cast thread (and was even speculated and people were on 'bump watch' for some time before she was pregnant)

not a big deal, but just after some clarification for future reference so i don't make the same mistake in the future in any of the rumour has it threads.

25-01-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Sometimes moderating is being proactive. If we allowed a "is she pregnant?" post every time a celebrity had a bit of a bulge to her stomach we are opening the door for weight talk such as: "no she's just gained weight" or no "she just carries her weight in her stomach" to follow.

I looked at your post and can see your intent was as innocent as you described, which is probably why you were not issued a "reminder" for weight talk, it was just swept up during a cleanup. FYI: There were other comments that followed yours that were removed as well.

If there was in fact a bump watch happening in a model's thread it shouldn't have been. We can't moderate the whole board though, we miss things. Remember you as a user can always use the "report post" button if you feel like we are missing something.

I hope that you understand the logic behind the decision now, thanks for the calm tone and being respectful about it when asking

26-01-2012
backstage pass

thanks very much for your explanation.
i understand your point that it can escalate quickly from those comments. it is best not to comment until confirmed on these types of matters to avoid that happening.

thanks for the clarification!

09-02-2012
windowshopping

My thread was deleted!
Can a moderator tell me why? It was just a magazine cover?

09-02-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFifix View Post
Can a moderator tell me why? It was just a magazine cover?
your thread was deleted for a number of reasons.

1) you did not post a required source for your image. see our basic Community Rules

2) you did not follow the posting standard for a thread in our magazines area.
see here Magazine Posting Etiquette *PLEASE READ BEFORE STARTING NEW THREADS* Revised 09/02/11

3) the image you posted may not be of the actual cover. it may be a promotional image.

V.I.P.

Members will find detailed Crediting Rules posted in the Announcements forum: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f43...ory-92242.html

16-02-2012
V.I.P.

I'm confused as to why discussion about a model's booking was deemed as 'powerposting', especially when it was new information to the post and considering how many far more irrelevant comments are posted in other model's threads on a daily basis. I'm just slightly taken aback to this approach and deeming of my post as banal...?

16-02-2012

We posted a pinned reminder about "Model Spotting" here: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f52...ng-168305.html

The problem is that people are using loopholes now to post information first. Instead of "X Model was at Calvin Klein" it's "She looked pretty at Calvin Klein!", etc. Your comment was along those lines (though I do believe it was not your intent):

Quote:
Can't believe that she turned up at Calvin Klein! Really unexpected to be honest. Her bookings in Europe are going to go through the roof now. Get it girl.
We don't ask much, but we do ask users to contain their excitement and wait until pictures are posted.

The Model Casting thread would be a more appropriate place for your comment. Which you know, because you also posted it there: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/sho...&postcount=244

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 16-02-2012 at 02:40 PM.
16-02-2012
V.I.P.

^ Oh O.K. I didn't know that there was a new policy on that, so it makes sense given how crowded the individual models threads can get during FW. I apologise and promise not to do it again then .

16-02-2012

Thanks for understanding, we appreciate it

18-03-2012
V.I.P.

Hi.

My post was deleted, and i found what was the post.

What i want to ask, is there a possibility to provide the original post (in the pm) when moderator delete post.

I can't find this and don't need this 'http://forums.thefashionspot.com/showthread.php?p=10485669'(from my pm) when i'm sure this is the deleted post.

And one more thing. Everybody have the choice to receive private messages or not, but when moderator delete posts and choose to not receive messages, i guess for the reason that he doesn't want to be bothered by users, i think it's wrong. It's like - i can do whatever i want and you can't do nothing to me or about it.

For this moderator, i don't know you and i have nothing against you, but when you do something, you need to be ready to take full responsibility, don't do just the half job. I hope you understand what i mean. Thanks.

18-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmax View Post
Hi.

My post was deleted, and i found what was the post.

What i want to ask, is there a possibility to provide the original post (in the pm) when moderator delete post.

I can't find this and don't need this 'http://forums.thefashionspot.com/showthread.php?p=10485669'(from my pm) when i'm sure this is the deleted post.

And one more thing. Everybody have the choice to receive private messages or not, but when moderator delete posts and choose to not receive messages, i guess for the reason that he doesn't want to be bothered by users, i think it's wrong. It's like - i can do whatever i want and you can't do nothing to me or about it.

For this moderator, i don't know you and i have nothing against you, but when you do something, you need to be ready to take full responsibility, don't do just the half job. I hope you understand what i mean. Thanks.
Max,

When posts are removed you receive messages from an automated system not the moderators themselves -- tfs Mod Squad is not a real moderator -- therefore it cannot receive PMs. Here is the exact message you received:

Quote:
Hello,

One of your posts has been deleted by a forum moderator. Please review our community rules. The reason for the deletion follows at the end of this message.
tFS Mod Squad

Reason:
Duplicate post / Repost

Referring link:
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/sho...php?p=10485669

It clearly states the reason your post was removed, it was a duplicate post/repost, and also links to Natalia Vodianova's thread.

No moderator has their PMs turned off, so they can always answer further questions you have. [As you know, because you have PMed me many times, and I have always answered you. Right?].

If you would take your time, most of the time you'd find the information is already in front of you.

HeatherAnne

18-03-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
Max,

When posts are removed you receive messages from an automated system not the moderators themselves -- tfs Mod Squad is not a real moderator -- therefore it cannot receive PMs. Here is the exact message you received:

It clearly states the reason your post was removed, it was a duplicate post/repost, and also links to Natalia Vodianova's thread.

No moderator has their PMs turned off, so they can always answer further questions you have. [As you know, because you have PMed me many times, and I have always answered you. Right?].

If you would take your time, most of the time you'd find the information is already in front of you.

HeatherAnne
Now i understand it's not real moderator send me messages, i didn't knew that. But, there is always a but, the real moderator delete posts, am i right?

And about what i ask before, is there a possibility to send in pm the thread where the post was deleted and/or the original post, just to let users know what was it. Maybe someone know how to change this, and can do this change in the sending pm system.

Thanks Heather.

18-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmax View Post
Now i understand it's not real moderator send me messages, i didn't knew that. But, there is always a but, the real moderator delete posts, am i right?

And about what i ask before, is there a possibility to send in pm the thread where the post was deleted and/or the original post, just to let users know what was it. Maybe someone know how to change this, and can do this change in the sending pm system.

Thanks Heather.
No problem Max

Yes, a real moderator deletes the post, but the PMs come from the anon tFS Mod Squad in order to ensure that a moderator can do the job they are expected to without fear of backlash against them. We are accountable to our users though, so you can always PM a team leader or ask in this thread if you truly do not think your post should have been removed.

The automated PM does include the thread where the post was removed, as I pointed out already, but I will bring your question about including the original post in the PM to tangerine who answers the technical questions best. I'm sure he will post here as soon as he has an answer for you

18-03-2012
V.I.P.

Hello,

A while back, I found a photoshopped image of Gemma Ward someone created with Gemma’s face over Kate Moss' face on the cover of the march 2012 issue of W magazine. I thought it was really cute & decided to share it with others on her thread. It got deleted & when I got the reminder, I read it to understand why, & it just said to "read the community rules". I reread it twice & I still don't understand why. I sourced it & everything... Plus, I've seen hundreds of photoshopped "fan pics" in a LOT of other threads so i'm a little confused & hoping someone could explain

Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, answer, deleted, info, post, privacy, thread