My Post or Thread was Deleted, Why? To protect your Privacy read Post #1. - Page 16 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-08-2015
V.I.P.

The PM was just a brief explanation about why your post disappeared ... it's not referring to any "rule". If the first post was gone, then yours no longer makes sense, so yours was removed, after the fact. As Theo explained^

Because most members think they did something wrong when they get that particular automated PM, most of the time we stop it from going out. But it's not a negative, in any way.

Last edited by BetteT; 24-08-2015 at 12:53 PM.
24-08-2015
V.I.P.

Now that makes sense. Even if I responded before the post was deleted/edited, the pm is automatic. Thanks.

V.I.P.

Hey guys,

Last night I started a thread on a model named Melodie Vaxelaire. I tried to go back to post some more of her work and it appears to have disappeared. Can someone explain to me what happened or what I did wrong???

TIA

Last edited by modelista; 08-11-2015 at 04:20 PM.
08-11-2015
V.I.P.

Hi modelista!

I was the one who deleted the thread. All the images you posted appeared as broken thumbnails - presumably because they were hotlinked directly from the Elite website. Feel free to upload them somewhere else (imgbox, postimage etc.) and start a new thread for her.

13-02-2016
V.I.P.

This off-topic thing is confusing. My post was deleted because I commented on models in the same photo w/in a thread of Gigi Hadid. Why is that off-topic? It's not like I made a comment regarding another thread, she is photographed w/ a bunch of other models, why I can't I say they are pretty too? Makes no sense.

13-02-2016
Soviet Camaro

Sorry you are confused! Your post was in Gigi Hadid's thread but was not about her, in fact you didn't mention or acknowledge her at all. You only mentioned the other models. That is considered off-topic.

If you want to comment solely on the other models, then their respective threads are the correct places to make those comments. I hope this helps!

V.I.P.

Still doesn't make sense to me, but okay. Do those models even have their own threads?

V.I.P.

Probably ... if you know their names, then somebody will have started a thread about them and their work. Use the search engine to enter each name and make sure that you check "thread titles" so that you get the specific thread about each model. If no thread has been started yet ... then feel free to start one. Only requirements for starting a thread about any model, is that the model be agency repped and you post her agency name and her stats, to get it going.

Last edited by BetteT; 14-02-2016 at 11:13 AM.
14-02-2016
V.I.P.

I'm pretty bad at searching, I'll try though. Thanks!

V.I.P.

Yeah ... our system is pretty complex.

Here's a pinned thread in Member Support with sort of a tutorial to learn how to search more effectively: How to Use tFS' Search Function, How to Find a Thread. See post #35 for quick tips.

Last edited by BetteT; 15-02-2016 at 12:25 PM.
09-06-2016
V.I.P.

I don't know if it's the right thread or no, but why is TFS so strict on sources for GIF posting? most people who use GIF's have them saved somewhere so they might not remember where the source is from anyway. (plus 90% are from tumblr/giphy in general.)

Although i did put the source for my GIFs they were still removed.

Last edited by Scotty; 09-06-2016 at 02:02 PM.
09-06-2016
Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
I don't know if it's the right thread or no, but why is TFS so strict on sources for GIF posting? most people who use GIF's have them saved somewhere so they might not remember where the source is from anyway. (plus 90% are from tumblr/giphy in general.)

Although i did put the source for my GIFs they were still removed.
Crediting is (ideally) enforced the same for all posted content that is not clearly the work of the posting member. This includes gifs, photos, text articles, videos, anything.

I looked at your recent deleted gif and see that your credit was in white text. This means that anyone using the default white background would not see it at all. This may be the reason for this particular deletion. "All credits need to be visible" is the first item mentioned under General Crediting Guidelines in this announcement:

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f43...ory-92242.html

However, please read on for a better understanding of our general policy; I am not saying these all apply to your recent post, but they are things to consider.

Posting gifs is generally not encouraged and gifs may be removed if they are not contributing to the discussion. While we understand that humorous gifs are a large part of internet posting in general, at tFS we are trying to have discussions, not shorthand jokes. Due to the fact that gifs are often used as non-verbal insults or rebuttals to members or posts and as such may be considered trolling or flame bait, moderators will often simply remove them.

Humor itself is welcome, but we hope that members will come up with original humorous remarks that contribute to the conversation, not merely generic regurgitations made by someone else.

I hope this helps clarify our policy.

Last edited by tangerine; 09-06-2016 at 03:49 PM. Reason: clarification
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, delete, deleted, post, privacy, protect, read, thread