How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
View Poll Results: Should we open tFS up to new registrations?
Yes 233 44.30%
No 293 55.70%
Voters: 526. You may not vote on this poll

28-08-2007
Nyx
front row

I also think that invitations should definitely be dealt out more leniently...

28-08-2007
Push it to pop it!

i think the invite method is bad.

once again.....

many of the people who came here when registration was open and became excellent members may not have known anyone here (thus, they wouldn't have been invited). I found this place when i was looking for a fashion video, but eventually i met a bunch of people and learned a lot. Also, my personal style was very much influenced. I know I am not the only one here who has had that experience.

I have even become so comfortable here that i try to make the system better. People have been BANNED for trying to change TFS.

That just shows you how much this forum means to some people. You are denying others the opportunity to be a part of this community and learn about fashion.

And BTW, I honestly think some of you just enjoy the exclusivity of this place......shame on you.

28-08-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthaeus123 View Post
When will the mods be making their decision about this issue?
It's not up to the mods ... Admin will decide. I think that they have other things that need to happen and be in place first, so it could be a while if it's going to happen.

Last edited by BetteT; 28-08-2007 at 04:19 PM.
28-08-2007
V.I.P.

It's 50-50 right now. I'd love to hear some more opinions on the 'no' side.

28-08-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinleaddict View Post

I have even become so comfortable here that i try to make the system better. People have been BANNED for trying to change TFS.
No one has ever been banned for making suggestions and responding to surveys like this or offering ideas to moderators and administration. Andy and we encourage the members to participate in these discussions (in a mature manner). Andy does consider the general consensus of the membership and combines that with his business goals for tFS.

However, he has final decision making and veto power because it is his business and how he makes a living. Profitabilty is essential to keeping tFS alive plus Andy has a standard of conduct that he sets for all his forums. Decisions are made with those goals in mind.

Just so you know, members only get bannned for repeated and blatent disregard for the existing rules. Multiple warnings are given out well in advance so every member has an opportunity to correct his/her behavior. Everything is documented and communicated to the offending member. This is done in complete confidence, so other members don't even know it's going on. When someone is banned, we do not make an announcement and the reason is not publicized. So you can not possibly know why someone has been banned ... because you are not privy to all the facts.

I hope this clears up that misconception. Please keep offering your opinion and voting in these surveys ... Andy really does want to know what the membership prefers.

28-08-2007
Push it to pop it!

ummm, correct their behavior?

sorry to completely change the topic but

what if the person doesn't agree with the rule? Any person i respect won't follow the rule if he/she thinks it is pointless/wrong...

they are your rules, not mine.

28-08-2007
Deep Red Bells

^ They are the rules of TFS....
if you don't follow them you can't be here....

Quote:
Any person i respect won't follow the rule if he/she thinks it is pointless/wrong...
Are these said people part of society?....
I would find that hard.

I say yes to opening registration the more I think of it.....

28-08-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinleaddict View Post
ummm, correct their behavior?

sorry to completely change the topic but

what if the person doesn't agree with the rule? Any person i respect won't follow the rule if he/she thinks it is pointless/wrong...

they are your rules, not mine.
You always have to option to find another community with more freedom to exress yourself in any manner you wish ... where there might be people that you respect. Do not forget, you did agree, when you bacame a member, to abide by our rules ... and that has not changed.

Let's get this back on topic (my fault for jumping off topic here, I should have pm'd you to respond to your comment about banning). . If you wish to offer any more about any of the rules here you may PM me, any moderator or contact Administration via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page.

Thank you for your cooperation.

30-08-2007
doldrums

I forgot that TFS is closed for registration. I voted yes. I'm ok with periodical registration.

31-08-2007
front row

I believe the registration should be opened to the general public as i'm sure there are gonna be many great contributers. I know of two that would be awesome here...and yes there will be some that will register for the hell of it and never show up or contribute and maybe not even come back to read but that shouldn't stop the forum from growing and expanding and adding new members that will help the forum grow and fill up with new energy and ideas and for those who sign up and don't add to the forum or even come back here to read up should their membership should be terminated.For example if they havent signed in for a whole year...

31-08-2007
fashion elite

nonononononoono!

01-09-2007
V.I.P.

I think that maybe once a month, it'll be good for an "open registration day".

Deep Red Bells

^ And then can we try a bring your daughter/son to TFS day?...
J/K...

But once a month does sound like a good idea to start....

01-09-2007
More Old Skool Than You

Oh no, more bubblegum to scrape off the bottoms of my boots.

Hey, someone had to say it...

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouge_red View Post
I think the registrations should be open again, but in revenge, nothing to be visible as a guest.
Noooooo don't make it all invisible! What if models want to read their threads? I don't think they'd want to register because then there would be members who don't post and then like you said, you'd have to delete them.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
opening, registrations