How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
View Poll Results: Should we open tFS up to new registrations?
Yes 233 44.30%
No 293 55.70%
Voters: 526. You may not vote on this poll

07-09-2007
V.I.P.

Same here. I know people who are in the industry, who want to be invited. But I don't have the power to invite anybody. I apply, and never hear back from the mods. I really just want invites to be easier to get.

09-09-2007
trendsetter

i voted yes. i love the fact that tFS is exclusive, but i think that it would be a great opportunity for new members who have been trying to get into tFS but can't because they don't know anyone to give them invites. i think it would be great for open registration but only for a certain 'short' amount of time.

12-09-2007
girl who fell to earth

i'm so surprised by how even the votes are! it's deadlocked right now!

12-09-2007
V.I.P.

It's been neck and neck the whole time ... within a few votes, ... Chrissy. But the prevailing thought that seems to have the most interest is that we do some sort of hybrid ... things open for a limited time each month, or every member gets invites ... things that keep us a bit exclusive but that anyone who is serious can find a way to get in if they are patient or persistent.

12-09-2007
V.I.P.

that's what I want

14-09-2007
front row

Before I bore anyone with a rags to riches story (or should I say pre-TFS and post TFS ), I defiantly voted yes. I have been browsing this site for a while now and did not know anyone who could give me an invitation, due to a lack in internet connections. I was content with just that until I for example had catwalk videos, fashion show soundtracks, and general opinions to contribute/share. I sincerely believe that numerous people who do not have such connections have a good share to contribute. There will always be those who join for the sake of joining, but that’s inevitable. Why risk blocking out potential active members for the sake of a few “hanger-ones” if you will?

Perhaps I feel strongly about this because I was on the other side of the spectrum. It is tempting to say no once you are already in. I did find an invite because I was fortunate enough to meet an amazing person online through sheer random browsing. I tried what others have suggested but unless you know anyone or luck out, it’s impossible to get one. Pestering users will get you nowhere and yes…..I was serious about TFS. Like I said, it’s easy to say if someone really wanted it, they would do whatever it takes. But, I urge all of you to think beyond that! The only reason I am able to write this message today is because after months of helplessly trying to find any invite, I was fortunate enough to meet a person online, now who I consider a friend….. someone who just happened to be a TFS member. Thus I was able to get an invite. My case is rare. Others are defiantly not so lucky, so to potential voters I urge you to consider me and those who cannot get an invitation but have things to share.

I hope I did not drone on and on but I truly hope TFS will open its doors to more members. Members without connections who sincerely love fashion but are unable to register. There is a solid moderator base so spam can be combated if that’s an issue; it will not be easy….but what in life is?

Last edited by kiefers; 14-09-2007 at 10:30 PM.
14-09-2007
fashion insider

There are also sites like inviteshare.com

14-09-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by misssakura View Post
There are also sites like inviteshare.com
In desperation, I actually tried that. It didn't work. I was very saddened. Lol.

15-09-2007
backstage pass

I think the registration should be open for a certain amount of time each month. perhaps the first week in every month. that way we get more members yet it'll be a form of restraint.

V.I.P.

I have a little thingy on my User CP above my subscribed threads letting me invite people. Is this new?

17-09-2007
V.I.P.

Yes it is. It's now easier to invite people. Awesome

17-09-2007
tfs star

^ Same

tfs star

So does that mean anyone on TFS can invite?

V.I.P.

yes, as long as they are good members

17-09-2007
tfs star

Cool Thanks

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
opening, registrations