How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
View Poll Results: Should we open tFS up to new registrations?
Yes 233 44.30%
No 293 55.70%
Voters: 526. You may not vote on this poll

30-07-2007
fashion elite

As much as we all love having a close community on TFS, I think in the long run opening up registrations would only help TFS become even better.

More members= more people paying to upgrade their membership= more money to allow TFS to run smoother without all the problems it often has

30-07-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariemaud View Post
Like MMA said I think it's easy to cope with that if you make your profile private
people can still message you though...they dont have to be a friend

but I think think registrations should be brought back, theres no reason for a big site like this not to have them...

30-07-2007
V.I.P.

Maybe an application process would be a good idea? it'd be a ton of work for moderators, but it'd control the quality of new posters here.

30-07-2007
fashion elite

^That would be soooo much work because I'm sure their would be so many. They'd get backed up..

I think the mods have enough applications to go through as it is with the invitation-giving requests.

30-07-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilaughead View Post
Maybe an application process would be a good idea? it'd be a ton of work for moderators, but it'd control the quality of new posters here.
Maybe more members could offer their help? so mods shouldn`t have to deal with it

I think it should be open for everyone but there should be somekind of control over it

30-07-2007
VSFS 2009!

I think an application process would be a good idea. It's perfect for those of us who fear an onslaught of stupidity on the board as well as those who welcome meeting new people.

Yes, I think it would be great if members could help out. If the mods approve of this, I would be happy to help

Last edited by TheGlassAngel; 30-07-2007 at 03:15 PM.
30-07-2007
V.I.P.

how about setting certain days where people can register...that way the people who do might be most wanting to join.

30-07-2007
V.I.P.

I definitely agree that an application process would be good as so the moderators can control what sort of people will be posting and whether or not their posts will be useful.

Good luck! I didn't vote though as I thought that sometimes being an elitist community is good as there are less trolling etc, but at times--I feel sorry for those people who can't get an invite even if they deserve it...

V.I.P.

Quote:
Yes, I think it would be great if members could help out. If the mods approve of this, I would be happy to help
So will I!

Last edited by kissmesweet; 30-07-2007 at 03:30 PM.
30-07-2007
V.I.P.

well quite alot of livejorunal sites u ahve to apply for membership .... maybe somthing like that could work ?? and reduce spammers .. also then again it means more time ... i dont know what to think tbh i think some kind of limetation is maybe needed to stop it growing so quick but then again im thinking free for alll etc. hmm what to think ??

30-07-2007
backstage pass

I think an application process would risk being quite arbitrary... Who's to decide if an applicant is a suitable new member or not? Should there be specific criteria? Or some sort of test?

I'm not sure I'd pass that test.

And to be honest, while I definitely see the advantage of being able to keep trolls and disturbing posters away, I think the whole elitist mantra about "quality members" rings a bit false in a community of 60,000 members of varying "quality".

31-07-2007
V.I.P.

I voted "yes". I like the idea of making a certain period of time when new members can register. Specific days, or even, something like opening registrations for the first week of every month.

Last edited by *Bianca*; 31-07-2007 at 01:28 AM.
31-07-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Bianca* View Post
I like the idea of making a certain period of time when new members can register.
me, too! that's why i voted "yes".

Diamond

Please keep voting

Also, I can't help but notice that only people who want registration opened are commenting yet the poll is pretty close. We'd like to hear both sides

~Madeleine Albright
01-08-2007
Press escape to continue.

Is it possible to have a membership drive that is for a specific period of time, instead of being 'open' or 'closed'? Being 'open' for a couple of weeks would be easier to manage.

Also, I notice that lots of members don't post so the 60,000+ membership is kind of misleading. I wonder how many active members there are. I have no experience how things were when tFS was an open forum so it's impossible for me to determine which way is preferable.

Last edited by SomethingElse; 01-08-2007 at 11:57 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
opening, registrations