How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
View Poll Results: Should we open tFS up to new registrations?
Yes 233 44.30%
No 293 55.70%
Voters: 526. You may not vote on this poll

29-10-2007
cape cod kwassa kwassa!

I am a new member of TFS (thanks to carioca). I voted YES. I am sure there are a lot of people out there want to contribute to TFS but unable to do so due to the strict membership policy. To be honest I am bored seeing the same people posting in the threads in TFS. No offense.

29-10-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezme44 View Post
if we had what you are saying there would be ten thanks after each picture/contribution. and i don't think its relevant to a discussion. you can do that through pms and posts in your own profile. there's nothing wrong with sayin thanks but it's obvious that there are a number of members who are constatly posting irrelevant short comments to increase their post count. i would say 2/3 of some thread are full with, "she's so pretty" and the like.
I've noticed that you seem to 'post irrelevant short comments' THE MOST....

29-10-2007
Naturellement pulpeuse

I'm all for short, irrelevant comments - as long as they're not about handbags.

Last edited by PrinceOfCats; 29-10-2007 at 08:28 PM.
30-10-2007
backstage pass

I think opening registration would turn this site into a supermodels.nl type thing. A lesser grade of quality would come into effect. The exclusivity of this site is what gives it it's ringer edge. I agree if people within the industries or anyone with credible opinions, resources, reasons seek to join this site they could do so through the "contact us" where mods could regulate.
I don't want to see it bomb, I vote no.

31-10-2007
tfs star

I recognize many new registrations lately and then I figured out that there are so many new people from certain different came to tsf. One member (with just a few posts) was registered here and invited many other members.
I thought that you have to give the mods a reason why your pal should be a member of tsf? I didn't know that it's now that easy to invited people.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokebreak View Post
I think opening registration would turn this site into a supermodels.nl type thing. A lesser grade of quality would come into effect. The exclusivity of this site is what gives it it's ringer edge. I agree if people within the industries or anyone with credible opinions, resources, reasons seek to join this site they could do so through the "contact us" where mods could regulate.
I don't want to see it bomb, I vote no.
i wholeheartedly agree.that's what makes it special and a real community; with its members getting to really know each other and agreeing on keeping a high level of quality in posts.i've seen other popular fashion forums getting really tacky with stalking comments on models and posts of local trashy celebs in the models section..
i voted no.

31-10-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruchtzwerg View Post
I recognize many new registrations lately and then I figured out that there are so many new people from certain different came to tsf. One member (with just a few posts) was registered here and invited many other members.
I thought that you have to give the mods a reason why your pal should be a member of tsf? I didn't know that it's now that easy to invited people.
theres a new system where everyone gets invites

31-10-2007
V.I.P.

automatically, or do you still request them?

backstage pass

When did this come into effect? Someone I invited told me she didn't have any invites

31-10-2007
V.I.P.

I guess it comes with post count?

31-10-2007
tfs star

It can't be with post account, this member from which I was talking got 2 posts or less then 10! So I hardly believe that it has to do with your post counts...

V.I.P.

No it's actually a glich in the system that many people got invites without being approved. So if you got some ... make sure you only invite quality members who will contribute in a good way ... make sure you know them very well. Your own membership is on the line if they turn out to be spammers, flamers, etc.

After some techinical changes, we'll probably set up a new system ... more changes to come....

03-11-2007
V.I.P.

The new systerm isnt so great..

04-11-2007
fashion elite

i think tfs should be open to everyone, i can refer to myself as an example; i found tfs by myself while i was surfing and am addicted to it since that day and i think i contribute in a good way (maybe not so much but still) if 1and a half years ago tfs had had this system i could never be a member because i could never find a member who can invite me..

V.I.P.

while i agree that it would be nice to allow new people who have an interest in fashion register, I must say im voting NO to make the registration open. Im a member of the purse forum too, and that place is so disorganized and full of ebay ripoff spamming sellers and petty lil fights that i hope that TFS wouldn't move in that direction. I've gotten numerous random requests from people on myspace and even through EBAY asking me to send them invites. I of course said no, TFS membership should be a privelege and something you have to work for, because unfortunely, if we open it up to everyone, that 'everyone' aspect includes lots of bad eggs...

www.thegirllovesmj.blogspot.com
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
opening, registrations