How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
View Poll Results: Should we open tFS up to new registrations?
Yes 233 44.30%
No 293 55.70%
Voters: 526. You may not vote on this poll

06-08-2007
trendsetter

Purging wouldn't free up a lot of space but it will surely free up a lot of cool nicknames

06-08-2007
V.I.P.

^true

I voted no, simply because i feel what makes tfs different from other forums is that it avoids spammers etc. tfs is the only forum i know of where rules for personal attacks, harassment and spamming actually works, and i'm afraid that if everyone can register, spammers will 'kill' the forum. Yes, it's not that easy becoming a member, but it's not impossible. Use open forums like superfuture og men.style, ask for a invite, and in the end, you'd probably get one. And if not, it's not the end of the world either.

06-08-2007
V.I.P.

yes, new blood, please....and the re-infusion of some old blood perhaps.

And I totally agree with OriginalSin's post #10..

le rêve est réalité...
06-08-2007
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanka View Post
Purging wouldn't free up a lot of space but it will surely free up a lot of cool nicknames
tell me about it, my usual name is taken by someone who has never even posted and registered something like three years ago

07-08-2007
V.I.P.

i voted no...
i think people who REALLY want to be part of tFS will be willing to go through the invitation progress....and anyone else shouldnt be a member...its a special place...

front row

I vote yes to open registrations, if it were invite only when I first joined tfs, then I wouldn't be here

07-08-2007
V.I.P.

Me too.

07-08-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy View Post
i voted no...
i think people who REALLY want to be part of tFS will be willing to go through the invitation progress....and anyone else shouldnt be a member...its a special place...
But the problem is, even those who REALLY want to be a part of tFS don't always have a contact to get them in. So I don't think this is exactly fair or accurate.

MONAJ.NET IS BACK: updated May 19
twitter.com/beyondrecovery
07-08-2007
windowshopping

I say yes. I'm honestly tired of trying to explain to people on other forums why it's a waste of time to ask for invites. They aren't fashion influencers, I'm not even one yet and they dont understand that concept.

08-08-2007
V.I.P.

i think more fashionspot-users need to vote.. over the past week, only about 100 voted. not that much, esp when it's only 7 votes between yes and no.

08-08-2007
backstage pass

i'm still new to the forum and i must say that it was quite hard getting those invitations. but at the same time i understand members' who are annoyed of people asking them for it and their concern over members who will spam the forum. i think that people are so crazy to get invites to tFS is because it's such an exclusive place, but it can always be accessed as a guest (of course not the posting privileges). but at the same time there are people who are potentially valuable members. i think a new process (not sure of what kind) should be implemented. bianca's idea of a certain day(s) of the month to register is good. because the other 29/30 days you can moderate the members before the next registration day comes. so you get rid of the "bad" members and those who don't post before more register if you get what i mean.

08-08-2007
silent sigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Stranger View Post
i think more fashionspot-users need to vote.. over the past week, only about 100 voted. not that much, esp when it's only 7 votes between yes and no.
yeah I noticed that not many members had voted and that's why I put a link in my sig If I hadn't seen BetteT's sig, I probably wouldn't have realised that voting was going on

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairy View Post
i voted no...

I think the problem with the invitation process is that you must first know someone already on TFS. Otherwise, you have to go through someone who posted their email address somewhere on the board. Some random stranger instant messaged me asking for an invitation once, and I sincerely had no idea what to say to them...

To avoid qwkward silences, choose YES!

08-08-2007
fashion icon

I've gone for yes it'd be nice to have more members. however i don't think just anyone should be able to get in as one thing that i like about tfs is no spammers or people making personal attacks. so the ideas by people such as certian days and application forms sound good to me.

invites are also so hard to get!

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilaughead View Post
I think the problem with the invitation process is that you must first know someone already on TFS. Otherwise, you have to go through someone who posted their email address somewhere on the board. Some random stranger instant messaged me asking for an invitation once, and I sincerely had no idea what to say to them...

To avoid qwkward silences, choose YES!

Yeah I think people think members just have invites laying around like gmail invites or it's as easy as just saying "hey, can I have an invite for fluffybunny555" and you'll be granted one. Not the case.

Last edited by deejoy; 08-08-2007 at 02:28 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
opening, registrations