How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-04-2007
V.I.P.

^^ That's in the D&C forum because people tend to post full-size runway images. In SC, you sometimes have to post editorials that are often more than 6 images in thumbnail form. I scanned an edit that was about 20 pages long and posted 15 thumbnails in one post and the rest in the other. And yeah, in some threads, everyone is friendly and uses smilies to express their enthusiasm and excitement. I really don't see the problem, but whatevs.

23-04-2007
V.I.P.

While I'm in the camp of overuse being annoying, we can't make a hard and fast rule about it because it is etiquette..
Additionally, our busy mod squad don't have the time to "police" to that degree.

We have in extreme cases sent PMs advising otherwise if that's of comfort...
and the overuse of smilies is considered under the umbrella of garish fonts/colors

Last edited by Curious; 23-04-2007 at 04:34 PM.
23-04-2007
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by impossibleprincess
No i didn't mean when it's just one or two smilies, I meant when it's all of them in one go - and there are people (in the star style forum especially) who do this..... I'm probably pretty laid back on this forum - so many times I've let underlying racism and rudeness pass for the sake of not getting into an argument...but seeing as this is a section for member feedback, I thought i'd go into my grievance. You don't have to agree, but I'm not TFS police. I'm not even a mod.
I would far rather we strictly enforce an anti-racism policy than do anything to restrict smilies

We do have a broad range of ages and maturity levels here, and speaking as one of the more technically mature members , that doesn't bother me. I'm often impressed by how articulate and mature some of our younger members are. It's all good

29-04-2007
Confused & Bewildered

Smileys, etc. don't bother me anywhere near as much as the juvenile chat speak I see so much of here. To me, that should be an actionable offense worthy of Warnings.

It's one thing for a non-English speaker to post in broken English; at least they're trying. I certainly couldn't post anything at all in German or Ukranian . But the silly, non-sensical jibberish I see here is another matter, it's just a sign of immaturity and laziness.

Last edited by Echoes; 29-04-2007 at 05:35 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
overuse, punctuation, smilies