How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-10-2011
backstage pass

Pictures from facebook
I don't understand something, in the rules it says that you can't post pictures from private accounts, I agree but if a bussiness got an account in facebook and it's totally public (you don't need to have a facebook account or tobe friend to see all the stuff in its page) can i post those images or at least the link to see them out of fashionspot?. Thanks

Last edited by Perickles; 16-10-2011 at 10:03 AM.

16-10-2011
fashion insider

You mean like, facebook pages?
Let's say .. "Official Versace" ..I think you can

V.I.P.

You can as long as you spell out the account name (e.g. "Official Versace at facebook.com", "facebook.com/officialversace"), facebook.com alone is not enough, and that's what will be removed. Same for clickable sources (www.facebook.com/officialversace instead of facebook.com/officialversace).

Also the mod team is allowed to remove posts that just contain one link redirecting members to a site (be it an article, interview, set of images), so we recommend members to post the actual material in the forum instead of just.. dropping a link.

backstage pass

Thanks for your answer MulletProof, another question: if the facebook account doesn't have the name "official" but all people know it's the official page can I do it?. I want to respect all the rules, because I want to take part of this forum because I like it although I don't like those bureaucratic things. Thanks again

V.I.P.

Here's what we say about it in the Crediting Rules: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f43...ory-92242.html

Quote:
Please do not post links in credits -
  • Please name the site where you found the images. Site names need to be spelled out in full, not abbreviated.
  • Clickable urls (do not type a site name with http:// or www. in it, or it will become a "clickable url" / link) and/or links in lieu of a site name are not acceptable.
  • If the extension is not ".com" please add the extension (for example, ".it" or ".net", etc.).
Include Account names - If you are posting images or writings from personal accounts, such as flickr, deviantart, myspace, facebook, etc., the name of the account holder must be included. These users deserve credit too. Please keep this in mind when saving/uploading information and pictures from these sites ... always provide the account holder's name.

RE: Private pictures from Facebook, etc. - Please respect other people's privacy when you have access to anyone's "private" site (a site where you must be a "friend" before you can have access). Also consider the content of the images and if they seem private it might be best to refrain from sharing them on a public site like tFS. Pictures (private or otherwise) from any socialnetwork may be removed without any further explanation, at the moderator team's discretion.
So pics from Facebook accounts are allowed .... just not private accounts. If you have to be "friended" to see the pictures ... it's a private account ... so don't post the pics. We make no distinction if it's "official" or not.

Also, if the pictures seem to be "too private" we sometimes remove them ... at the moderators' discretion. So we ask our member to use good judgement and hold back if it seems like a very private photo ... even if the site is public.

Last edited by BetteT; 17-10-2011 at 12:50 PM.
16-10-2011
backstage pass

thanks, I hope I can remember those rules always, I will do my best to respect them

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
facebook, pictures