How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-01-2008
V.I.P.

Pictures I've posted are being Deleted due to Copyright Infringements?
I keep getting posts from a mod squad member that my posts have been deleted for copyright infringement and I don't know what is going on. I go to those posts-which are old by the way and I don't know what is being deleted. I have asked the mod who is contacting me to please get back to me re what I am doing wrong and no response. I credit the pics I post, so I don't know what is going on and I don't want to get banned.

02-01-2008
tailored

Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
I keep getting posts from a mod squad member that my posts have been deleted for copyright infringement and I don't know what is going on. I go to those posts-which are old by the way and I don't know what is being deleted. I have asked the mod who is contacting me to please get back to me re what I am doing wrong and no response. I credit the pics I post, so I don't know what is going on and I don't want to get banned.
when a post is deleted, there should be a link at the bottom of the pm to the deleted post...
can you copy and paste that into a browser?

V.I.P.

I did that and when I go to the link provided-there is no comment from the mod or evidence that any of my posts were deleted. the majority of the complaints stem from the icons of the past forum

02-01-2008
tailored

the help desk received a copyright infringement notice from isifa.com concering some of their images, so if you had any posts with images from them, we had to delete them...

if you want, you can forward me the pm's and i can look into it...

V.I.P.

oh! that explains it. I did post from isifa. I didn't mean to get anyone in trouble. Am I in danger of being banned?

02-01-2008
V.I.P.

No ... you are not in any danger from us. However, it's best that you avoid taking images from ISIFA to post here, in the future, now that you know.

Many members have posted images from ISIFA without obtaining their permission and they were just doing a big clean up ... and we are so big, it takes a while for them to find everything, so some of these posts are quite old. We get these notices from different image companies/publishers etc. from time to time and always comply with their notices that they hold the copyrights and their requests to take the pictures down so this can happen now and then.

You may read more in our Terms and Conditions, about copyrights and permission to post "content".

Last edited by BetteT; 21-06-2008 at 02:29 PM.
28-07-2009
V.I.P.

Disallowed image sources
Some of my posts in the Jennifer Lopez thread have been deleted because of a request by the copyright holder.

Because the posts were deleted, there's no way for me to find out where the images were from and I don't want to make the same mistake again.

Was it a case that a poster at Celeb-City or Celebutopia didn't want the pics shared here, or was it another site?

Thanks.

28-07-2009
V.I.P.

Was caused because the real owner of the photos saw them posted on tFS & contacted tFS to take them down.

28-07-2009
V.I.P.

Thanks for the quick reply. Does that mean I should stop posting pics from Celebutopia and Celeb-City?

28-07-2009
V.I.P.

No, it doesn't. It just happened that the owner of those exact photos, doesn't want them on the net and maybe will contact celebutopia or celebcity to take them down.

28-07-2009
V.I.P.

Thanks. Shame it's not the pics I post of Katie Price or Lady Gaga that get taken down, not the ones of the lovely Miss Lopez Thanks Filipe, your posts have been very useful

28-07-2009
V.I.P.

you're welcome.

29-07-2009
V.I.P.

Filipe is correct. Whenever we are contacted by the legal copright holder we are required by law to remove them. And it's usually the photographer ... or a magazine.

In your case, it was the photographer who contacted us (the person who handled this happend to ask me a question about the J. Lo. pics, so that is how I know) ... and she did not give Celeb City or celebutopia (wherever you found them) permission to use them either. Its a serious problem for photographers ... it's their livelyhood and if they don't get paid for the use of them it's taking money out of their pockets. To them, its like working all week, but then no one gives them a paycheck.

Last edited by BetteT; 29-07-2009 at 03:56 AM.
29-07-2009
V.I.P.

That's fine I totally understand, and sorry I didn't post in this thread.

The main reason I posted was that because the posts had been deleted there was no way for me to find out where the pics were from, and whether I should stop posting them from wherever it was. I wasn't sure if they were from CU, CC or whether from somewhere else because the offending post had gone.

Thanks for explaining.

30-07-2009
V.I.P.

You may always ask a moderator ... they are still visable to us . However, in this case, it was neither of them that made the complaint ... so that information is not always helpful.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
copyright, deleted, infringements, pictures