How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-09-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
I use Firefox ... there's this darn USAA ad that seems to be screwing up every thread I look at. It's the ad that appears between posts, and it appears to prevent me from seeing any but the first post on the last page of any thread. (It may be all pages, I'm not sure.)

I have same problem. Keep loading threads and seeing a normal looking page except only one post shows.

27-09-2013
Soviet Camaro

We will be happy to report this to the tech team if you will follow the instructions and provide the information requested in post #1 of this thread. Since it is the first post on the page, you should still be able to see it. Please understand that without the information requested, no action will be taken by the admins; they require this information.

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT View Post
  1. Install and/or update a good popup blocker.
  2. Update and run a scan of your virus protection software.
  3. Clear your cach and cookies and restart your browser.
  4. Then, if none of those help, post your problem here. If several members have the same issue we will report it to tech support and ask them to take a look.
  5. In order for tech support to diagnose the problem, please do a screen capture of the ad in question and post it along with a detailed explanation of what is happening and where you are located (different cities get different ads).
I'm having the same issue as fashionista-ta and ngolf, when opening a thread it only gives me the first post of the thread, then under it there is an ad, which is usually the USAA ad it doesn't show the rest of the posts, you can't scroll down it stops there, you also can't click on the "search thread" and "thread tools" options at the top, it will linger over them but it won't direct you .

I tried on my personal laptop the ad blocker, did a scan and cleared the cookies but it's still doing the same thing, I also tried different browsers but still no luck and even tried 2-3 different computers. It's always that same USAA ad, when the Gucci ad comes up it's ok. Here is my screen cap, located in Denver.

Last edited by CommanderTMugler; 27-09-2013 at 04:51 PM.
27-09-2013
Soviet Camaro

^ Thank you for the detailed report. I have submitted it to the site admin and requested that it be resolved. With luck it will be fixed soon.

fashion elite

It seems to have gone away for me, thank you!

14-11-2013
trendsetter

on mobile site, 1 ad is redirecting me to another site. 1st a pop up about low memory, then I get redirected to another site. this has happened around 3 times. I noticed the ad on the top page says 'phone slow?' or something like that.

14-11-2013
V.I.P.

Please do the following:

We need you to screen cap what you are seeing ... so that we can pass it along to tech support, if you want someone to check on it. They can't fix itr without seeing the pop up itself to determine if the problem is at our end ... or not. (Per the instructions in post #1 of this thread.)

Be aware that when you are being redirected without actually clicking on an ad ... it is usually not generated by us. This happens when you have picked up some malware/adware somewhere else ... and it just overtakes your device and pops up when you go to one of your favorite sites such as tFS. So, I might not even be our ad ... just so you know.

Last edited by BetteT; 14-11-2013 at 12:21 PM.
14-11-2013
trendsetter

Thanks. I will try to get a screen cap next time. Hopefully its not adware

Edit just happened. I think I clicked the desktop button then it happened but I am not 100% sure.
Screenshot_2013-11-14-11-58-26.png

Last edited by Hector; 14-11-2013 at 02:02 PM.
14-11-2013
Soviet Camaro

Thanks, Hector, I'll ask about this and let you know what we find out.

Power to the 99%

Today that issue where only the first post on a page is visible seems to be back. I see an 'Ad Choices' graphic superimposed over the avatar of the person who made the first post.

25-02-2014
Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
Today that issue where only the first post on a page is visible seems to be back. I see an 'Ad Choices' graphic superimposed over the avatar of the person who made the first post.
I moved your post to the correct thread; please see post #1 for more details about how to report tech issues with ads.

Quote:
In order for tech support to diagnose the problem, please do a screen capture of the ad in question and post it along with a detailed explanation of what is happening and where you are located (different cities get different ads).
Since this is a different ad causing the problem, tech will still need a screen cap so they can see what is wrong with this ad and either fix or remove it.

V.I.P.

Does anyone else have this (OBNOXIOUS) problem when browsing tfs on your phone? it comes up in every single page! I get redirected to the app store.

image.jpg

V.I.P.

this is where it takes me, it won't even let me upload the other picture! grr

image.jpg

scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
this is where it takes me, it won't even let me upload the other picture! grr

Attachment 676303
Hello, I work in ad operations, though not for the company that owns TFS. I've been trying to recreate your issue, and I'm unable to when spoofing my browser. I would suggest clearing your phone cookies. I'm thinking you may be behaviorally targeted. Annoying things like this are most likely not coming through directly sold ads. If clearing your cookies doesn't work, I have more technical options which will help the ad ops team resolve your issue.

V.I.P.

ah you're wonderful! it did work! no ads for now (and they were all local indeed!). I always resist deleting cookies cause I like not having to type (much) but lately I was doing double work anyway by trying to close the app store every time I switched to another page! thank you so much!

** ok that was short-lived, it's back!

Last edited by MulletProof; 15-03-2014 at 02:39 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ads, advertisments, popup, tech