How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
18-03-2014
  211
scenester
 
sillysara495's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: California
Gender: femme
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
ah you're wonderful! it did work! no ads for now (and they were all local indeed!). I always resist deleting cookies cause I like not having to type (much) but lately I was doing double work anyway by trying to close the app store every time I switched to another page! thank you so much!

** ok that was short-lived, it's back!

Well at least I was wonderful for a while I'm trying to figure out who "GetBuzz" is coming through, but I think that's something I can't spoof, and thus, TFS owners, Evolve, can hopefully figure out...though I know that it's much harder to figure out mobile issues than desktop ones...(Initial response to Evolve, block GetBuzz on AdSense and AdEx, and have all your partners block it as well).

__________________
Vlada . Inguna . Sasha . Gemma . Natasha . Valentina . Hana . Karlie .

Last edited by sillysara495; 18-03-2014 at 02:12 AM.
  Reply With Quote
 
18-03-2014
  212
V.I.P.
 
BetteT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Gender: femme
Posts: 20,478
MP, what is happening here? That you cannot get back to tFS at all? Or can you get back ... but it's taking you somewhere else first?




sillysara495, I love that you are helping here! You obviously have more skill than our moderators .... who are more fashion oriented than technical ... so keep chiming in, when you can help.


Here's what everyone needs to know:
Evolve (the big corporation that owns the Fashion Spot and dozens of other sites) is an online advertising firm who's sole purpose is to sell ads and campaigns on their various sites and they serve thousands (I believe) of clients. So, if this is one of their clients and it's their ad, it's not something they will address ... unless you cannot get back to tFS on your mobile device.


Also, if you have picked up some malicious (or annoying) adware on your phone ... they won't address that either ... unless it's happening to numerous members (which indicates that it might be coming directly from or through our mobile site). If they suspect it's coming from us, they will take a look, if I or tangerine reports it.





Anyone else having this problem? I will report it if it's widespread ... and we'll ask them to see if it's something in our mobile system.

__________________
Bette
** It's All in the Details! **
http://www.musecube.com/BetteT/

Last edited by BetteT; 18-03-2014 at 12:44 PM.
  Reply With Quote
18-03-2014
  213
V.I.P.
 
MulletProof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Gender: femme
Posts: 24,748
Thank you again, Sara! I don't just get GetBuzz, also some other dating sites apps (I don't even have dating apps on my phone!). I researched Getbuzz and it said based in Hamburg, which is not that far from where I am at the moment, so (in response to Bette's last question too) I wonder if members in the same area/country are experiencing the same.

Bette, yes! it takes me to the app store every time a new page loads (meaning that just to get to a thread, browse it and being able to reply has become a nightmare! and since my computer died... I'm kind of screwed here- tfs limbo ).

__________________
Metal teeth of carousels.
  Reply With Quote
19-03-2014
  214
scenester
 
sillysara495's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: California
Gender: femme
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT View Post
MP, what is happening here? That you cannot get back to tFS at all? Or can you get back ... but it's taking you somewhere else first?




sillysara495, I love that you are helping here! You obviously have more skill than our moderators .... who are more fashion oriented than technical ... so keep chiming in, when you can help.


Here's what everyone needs to know:
Evolve (the big corporation that owns the Fashion Spot and dozens of other sites) is an online advertising firm who's sole purpose is to sell ads and campaigns on their various sites and they serve thousands (I believe) of clients. So, if this is one of their clients and it's their ad, it's not something they will address ... unless you cannot get back to tFS on your mobile device.


Also, if you have picked up some malicious (or annoying) adware on your phone ... they won't address that either ... unless it's happening to numerous members (which indicates that it might be coming directly from or through our mobile site). If they suspect it's coming from us, they will take a look, if I or tangerine reports it.





Anyone else having this problem? I will report it if it's widespread ... and we'll ask them to see if it's something in our mobile system.
Okay, now this has become an obsession...I WANT TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM haha.

BetteT I work at a company similar to tFS's owners (I think Evolve owns and operates tFS, but I may be wrong in this...my company owns and operates...tho not well).

MP I was next going to ask if you got this same ad when you were logged in on a computer, but it seems you are without one right now. Does this popup have the little blue ad choices logo? If so, click on that instead, and see what it says and let me know. If not, are you able to turn off cookies on your phone? I know this is a hassle and causes unnecessary typing, but try it and see if you still get the popup. Lastly, and I really hate to say this...download an adblocker...ah I feel the advertising gods just shot me in the chest. I love advertising, but when a Mod Squad member can't visit tFS, we need to go to extremes.

Since you cleared your cookies and cache before, I'm thinking that it isn't adware, though I'm not 100% sure on that. Just in case, make sure you have an anti virus on your phone.

__________________
Vlada . Inguna . Sasha . Gemma . Natasha . Valentina . Hana . Karlie .

Last edited by sillysara495; 19-03-2014 at 10:51 PM.
  Reply With Quote
20-03-2014
  215
V.I.P.
 
BetteT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Gender: femme
Posts: 20,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysara495 View Post
BetteT I work at a company similar to tFS's owners (I think Evolve owns and operates tFS, but I may be wrong in this...my company owns and operates...tho not well).

Yes ... Evolve is our owner, via "Totally Her" which is some sort of subsidiary, but it was separate before. They keep changing their corporate structure. Some where along the line "Gorilla Nation" was part of all of this, too ... but not sure who owned who.


Curious .... not understanding what your point was .... I think you missed posting a couple words. Are you saying that your company owns and operates Evolve ... or just owns other sites, similar to what Evolve does?

__________________
Bette
** It's All in the Details! **
http://www.musecube.com/BetteT/
  Reply With Quote
25-03-2014
  216
V.I.P.
 
MulletProof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Gender: femme
Posts: 24,748
Sara, thank you so much for your help!, it's been a little better in the past days as I removed a lot of weird links I found if I go to Safari's advanced website data...

I don't see the blue ad choices logo anywhere as the pop-up is more like a phone alert asking me if I want to open x site on app store and once there, it looks like a regular app.

It doesn't prevent me from browsing tfs anymore but it still comes up.. I don't trust adblock apps that much but I don't have experience with any either, do you have any suggestions?

__________________
Metal teeth of carousels.
  Reply With Quote
25-03-2014
  217
V.I.P.
 
MulletProof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Gender: femme
Posts: 24,748
I just got this... it rarely asks for whether I want to open something in the app store or not, I just get redirected there, so annoying!

image.jpg

(I don't have games apps either bah!)

__________________
Metal teeth of carousels.
  Reply With Quote
25-03-2014
  218
scenester
 
sillysara495's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: California
Gender: femme
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT View Post
Yes ... Evolve is our owner, via "Totally Her" which is some sort of subsidiary, but it was separate before. They keep changing their corporate structure. Some where along the line "Gorilla Nation" was part of all of this, too ... but not sure who owned who.


Curious .... not understanding what your point was .... I think you missed posting a couple words. Are you saying that your company owns and operates Evolve ... or just owns other sites, similar to what Evolve does?
So sorry, I work for a company similar to Evolve (I actually have ex co-workers at Evolve). So I understand the dynamics that occur between users, mods, the company, and the ads. At work, I always want to help the users with ad and forum issues, but I think I might get in trouble for that. So I'm happy to help here.

MP: all I could think, when I saw your latest screenshot, is that I would totally download that app if it was "Build and Grow Your Fashion Empire". How cool would that be.

This only happens when on tFS? It seems like a possible addon from an app downloaded.

__________________
Vlada . Inguna . Sasha . Gemma . Natasha . Valentina . Hana . Karlie .
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ads, advertisments, popup, tech
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. 2014 All rights reserved.