PopUp Ads and Other Advertisments: Tech Issues-Please Read Post #1 for Instructions - Page 18 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-06-2017
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
I have the same thing. I don't mind the ads, but those six big squares that show up in the middle of the forums are annoying. Also the links have been acting weird, and some of the typings, like apostrophes show up as %20* or something like that..
I also have the ad problem and this issue as well.
For example, when I click on a thumbnail to go to imgbox, I get a link like this (I just randomly went to a thread for an image), but it still brings you to imgbox eventually:
http://tu9srvbirvvtmtukaw1nym94lmnvbq00.g00.thefashionspo t.com/g00/2_Zm9ydW1zLnRoZWZhc2hpb25zcG90LmNvbQ%3D%3D_/TU9SRVBIRVVTMTUkaHR0cDovL2ltZ2JveC5jb20vT2dWN2FIUG Y%3D_$/$

Last edited by Cute; 15-06-2017 at 01:31 AM.
15-06-2017
V.I.P.

Hopefully it's fixed now.

Here is what tech support told us:
Quote:
We have configured Instart Logic to allow logged in members to use adblockers. This is only applies to chrome. They already can use them with other browsers.

We are no longer displaying the heavy types of ads to logged in members. If you see rollovers and popups when logged in, report them.

Incorrect character display looks like the last outstanding issue.

16-06-2017
V.I.P.

Does this mean it's fixed on Chrome or Chrome is the only one left out? Because I still have the ads and the ads, weird links and apostrophes, on my Chrome of course.

Tech Geek

All browsers display fewer and less intrusive ads to logged in members. If you are logged out you still get the heavy ads.

Character display on chrome has not been fixed yet.

If you are using an adblocker with chrome and still see ads when logged in, you need to clear cache and cookies. The Chrome Cleaner extension makes it easy, https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...ndkee?hl=en-US

If you are using an adblocker with chrome and are logged out, you will see all the ads.

Adblocker functionality in non-chrome browsers is not affected.

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

The ads right now are INSANE. Unlike anything I've ever experienced in a decade of visiting this forum. Every time I click on a thread link from my User CP or a pic within a thread or anything on a page, I'm immediately redirected to an ad page. It won't even load the thing I've clicked on. I then have to hit back and refresh and then I can click one or two things before it happens again. It seems to be skiing ads right now.

Driving me crazy!

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Because you posted in this thread, I am assuming that your are asking for tech support. Please provide us with the information, as outlined in post #1.

Edited to add: If you have trouble replying to this post, you may click on the Contact Us link and report it under Tech Support. Be sure to give them the same information that we listed in Post #1 of this thread.

Last edited by BetteT; 1 Week Ago at 02:31 PM.
6 Days Ago
V.I.P.

A: Here are the pics screenshots -

B: I'm in Toronto, Canada
C: Macbook Pro
D: Chrome
E: The ad isn't in any way irritating while it's just a banner at the top of the page. But it's as if it has put an invisible blanket over the rest of the page so that as soon as I click on ANYTHING, it immediately sends me to a new website which is just an ad (the second pic), instead of taking me to any of the discussion threads. If i reload the page a few times, it will eventually allow me to make one or two clicks before returning to just the ad. For example, it took approximately 6 attempts at clicking on the USER CP button before it actually took me there instead of redirecting me to the ad page. then several more attempts before i could get here to this page to type all this out. and i'm quite certain i'll need to copy and paste this several times before the "POST QUICK REPLY" button actually does that instead of redirecting me to the ad page.

i've been posting on TFS since ... probably 2004-ish? and i've never experienced this before.

V.I.P.

I have reported it to our tech support and manager. Hopefully, they can do something about it.

Not everyone is having this problem, because it's a local ad ... for Mont-Tremblant. But I'd be willing to be that all of our eastern Canadian users are having this issue, too.

If they can't fix it, as soon as the ad contract expires, the ad goes away entirely. This usually happens in a couple of weeks. But they usually can do something to stop that.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, ads, advertisments, instructions, issues, issuesplease, popup, popups, post, read, rollover, rollovers, support, tech, technical