How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-02-2009
V.I.P.

thank you, bette!.

24-09-2009
don't look down

That Levi's ad would drive me away from tfs, because it impairs my ability to get around the site. I can't use the search function at all now.

don't look down

I have no problem with ads that open if you happen to stray towards a banner - the Levi's banner itself is the problem. It superimposes itself on top of anything I try to open in the tfs toolbar - making the search function unusuable, and quick links and forum jump are similarly obscured to a degree. I've tried two different computers in two different places and the same thing happens on both.

When ads work seamlessly with the rest of the site, it's great, but this particular one is working against my usage of it. I can make a pop-up ad or a roll-over ad disappear, but I can't do anything about the original banner ad, and it's the thing that appears to be causing the problem.

backstage pass

The LEVI's ad is doin my nut in! Everytime I try to Forum jump it blocks the drop down box so I can't see ANYTHING!!
Annoying x Annoying = ANNOYING!!

ps - I'm using Safari

28-09-2009
V.I.P.

The Levis' ad has been reported ... so hopefully they will take care of that for you.

03-10-2009
rising star

I would like to report issues with the H&M ad that's been there at the top of the page for quite some time. It pops out if the mouse cursor goes over it. I am unable to use forum jump and search because of it, and it's been getting very frustrating. I hope someone will look into this. Thank you!

03-10-2009
don't look down

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT View Post
The Levis' ad has been reported ... so hopefully they will take care of that for you.
I haven't had a problem with it since, so a big thanks to them!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianochka View Post
I would like to report issues with the H&M ad that's been there at the top of the page for quite some time. It pops out if the mouse cursor goes over it. I am unable to use forum jump and search because of it, and it's been getting very frustrating. I hope someone will look into this. Thank you!

I have had this problem as well, especially when I go to search for something and can't because the pop up is always there, even when I press close, like this:

tfs4.jpg

I know this is trivial but it's driving me nuts and I tried disabling stuff on my computer but I think it's just the ad, it's really sensitive when you go anywhere near it.

thank you

Confused & Bewildered

Again, get a good browser with a good adblocker. I don't see any ads at all when I'm here; not a single one.

10-10-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClaire View Post
I have had this problem as well, especially when I go to search for something and can't because the pop up is always there, even when I press close, like this:

Attachment 485444

I know this is trivial but it's driving me nuts and I tried disabling stuff on my computer but I think it's just the ad, it's really sensitive when you go anywhere near it.

thank you
It is irritating ... and it is very sensitive if you get your curser near it. But it's those ads that allow us to exist ... we are owned by an ad company and this space on tFS is what they sell ...and without those, we would not be online at all. The ads usually go away after a couple of weeks (only to be replaced by a new ad, but not always as annoying).

I don't believe it's a system wide problem ... most of us are able to close the ad (use the gray close tab on the lower right edge of the pop up) if we accidentally roll over it. Try what Echoes suggested ... get a top notch ad and pop up blocker and you should not be bothered again.

I will report it ... but unless they think that it is malfunctioning, you probably won't see any change.

Last edited by BetteT; 10-10-2009 at 08:43 PM.
10-10-2009
Confused & Bewildered

I know ads are a fact of life, but they should be informative, not intrusive.

11-10-2009
V.I.P.

BetteT - I didn't mean to complain about the ads, just that they hinder, at times, using the sites top panel. I understand that TFS needs to make money and I appreciate the fact that they do everything that can be done to keep the site up.Thank you for reporting it. I appreciate it.

Echoes - do you have any recommendations as to a browser or pop up blocker? I use FireFox I hope they have something.

Confused & Bewildered

AdBlock Plus. Get the plugin/addon here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865

Then go to the AdBlock site and get the Element Hiding Helper: http://adblockplus.org/en/elemhidehelper which gives you the ability to re-shape webpages by eliminating portions you don't wish to see.

20-12-2009
V.I.P.

Okay I have no idea where to put this but everytime I open a new thread I get this.

tfs8.jpg

I do NOT answer to it. It's never happened before and I haven't had any new updates. It's starting to freak me out a bit.

Please help

V.I.P.

I don't think that is coming from us.

I would say that someone is phishing .... you probably have a virus, spyware or something like that. So run your virus protection and spyware protection programs ... if you have them. If you don't .... get them ... right away.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, ads, advertisments, instructions, issuesplease, popup, post, read, tech