How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-09-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Ha! Cool. That's something I asked for on one of these threads 3 or 4 years ago.

Would be nice if it was moved up just a bit though, maybe between the Quick Reply box and the Posting Rules.
I think that vBulletin only has certain fields that something can be placed in ... so it's most likely going to stay there. But ... hey ... it really helps us out when those ads interfere with the top nav bar.

We didn't have Buffaloed until recently ... and no one at the company knew anything about vBulletin until they found him (when they aquired his forum which was also running on vBulletin) ... so there was no one available who could help with this sort of thing. He's added a lot of great things for us when we have issues!

21-10-2010
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
After a new post, i get taken to an ad page. Which is fine cause I know the bills need to be paid...but i'm left stuck there. there is no "return to forums" button.
This happens to me too

But also -- I don't think the post I wrote even gets posted!
I always check back to see if my post even went through, and I don't think it does.

So it's definitely a glitch.

I post --> I'm taken to some random ad --> I can't get back to TFS, and my post was never posted in the first place.

It doesn't always happen, but it does happen about 1/3 or 1/2 of the time.

Next time I'll try to do a screencap and post it here. I know how to do screencaps.

Thanks for your attention

22-10-2010
V.I.P.

Yes... please. A screencap will allow tech support to identify if it's something that is happening with one of our advertisements or if it's something else like a trojan in your systme that redirects you when you try to post.

No one else is reporting this problem lately ... so I suspect that it's not something from one of our ads ... but something you have picked up somewhere. It's not anything that tFS would put in an ad ... they never redirect you. Sometimes they will have popups in the headers and we get those "green" links that are randomly generated in our posts. But, those do no redirect you, they just pop up, above the page you are on.

I suggest that you do a full scan of your computer with good, updated anti-virus software.

Last edited by BetteT; 22-10-2010 at 12:18 AM.
22-10-2010
fashion elite

TFS never redirects posters?
But I just read 3 or 4 pages of posters complaining about this very thing. In this very thread.
Also, I use other websites, and I've only ever had this problem with TFS. Just FYI.

Last edited by mint condish; 22-10-2010 at 01:55 AM.
22-10-2010
V.I.P.

Sorry, if I did not make myself clear. The one time that your issue was posted in this thread by a few members (see the post you quoted), it was not something that tFS placed in and ad ... and that is my point. They just don't create those kinds of ads. I don't know what the glich was, but they fixed it right away ... so I could not have been intentional.

So, if you have run your virus/sypware/popup protection and it's still happening, you may provide me with a screencap and I'll pass it along to tech support.

I also need to find out if anyone else having this issue, or if it's strictly your problem. If others also report it, then they will know that it's probably coming from us somewhere (an ad, a thread) and they will dig in and try to detemine why it's happening.

26-10-2010
fashion elite

Thanks. I will try to follow your advice as best I can.

In the meantime, it has happened to me again, and I have provided a screengrab. I posted in a thread, and was taken to a Kleenex.com ad, like so.

26-10-2010
V.I.P.

Thank you.

I'll have someone in tech support take a look at this and see if it's something generated by tFS. I'll let you know what they say.

26-10-2010
V.I.P.

I see that you did post in that thread, about the same time you posted this. This post: #256 in the thread. Is this the post that generated this ad? Did your post not appear for you? Or did you go back and make this post, later?

27-10-2010
fashion elite

Yup, the post worked fine at the time, thanks. When I posted that, I was taken to this ad.

Then I pressed "BACK", and "REFRESH" to see if my post was there, and it was.

27-10-2010
Soviet Camaro

The tech group is investigating page rendering issues with Safari. We will let you know their findings. Meanwhile, can you try another browser just to see if that allows you to view and respond normally? Thanks for your patience.

fashion elite

I use Firefox, as you can see from my screengrab. I hated using Safari whenever I did, it gave me so much trouble.

27-10-2010
Soviet Camaro

Oops, yes, so I see. I must have your issue confused with someone else's who is using Safari. I will let the tech group know.

fashion elite

Second time, just happened again:

05-11-2010
scenester

^ that same thing has happened to me once or twice also. i use firefox as well.

fashion elite

^ Thanks for your info!

Here's another I just got - Kleenex ad again:

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ads, advertisments, popup, tech