Is It Possible to Change my User Name? See Post #1 for Answer. - Page 7 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-01-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komodia View Post
I wanted to change my username for internet safety reasons (troll following me around ugh) and now I can't.
If your troll somehow becomes a member here and starts to harrass you in the forums please report it to a moderator and we will track that person's activity and, if verified, we will take appropiate action to prevent him from doing that.

To protect yourself, you can set your profile settings so that no one but your friends may PM you or have access to your profile. I suggest that you do that.

Last edited by BetteT; 30-01-2012 at 01:30 PM.
30-01-2012
windowshopping

Oh I hadn't noticed I could do that (make my profile more private/block pms) Thank you! I'll tell you if anything happens, let's hope it doesn't

28-01-2015
rising star

user name change
is there a way I can change my user name ? if not can a Admin change it for me without deleting

Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BabyPhat Princess*~ View Post
is there a way I can change my user name ? if not can a Admin change it for me without deleting
Merged with existing thread; see post #1 for more information.

tl;dr : use Contact Us link to contact admin with your request

V.I.P.

I couldn't remember or find a thread about double identities but figured name change is usually one of the many steps towards that goal and it could be here just fine: Does tFS still track and forbid multiple accounts? because it's annoying as hell! .. I actually used to not care (because it was under my tight control I guess ), some members successfully worked their way around the system here before and came back as a cleaner and better behaved versions of themselves, but in the last months I feel like there's been a surge of people that were banned or have abandoned their old account, which for some reason didn't give them a lot of confidence, and have come back as massive trolls, strangely snarky towards specific members they probably held some sort of grudge against but their older identity made them shy... or just plain sketchy.

I wouldn't mind if it's a consequence of the copyright witch haunt and tFS has given members a break, but I have a feeling that it is not and some just found their way back in via invites.

How does this affect me? well, it is confusing and weird not knowing who you're truly interacting with (in forum dynamics- I know you can never really know who you're interacting with) and hardly well-intentioned.. it's even weirder when they try to contact you via PM or add you to their network, but in general, coming back disguised under a new name, louder, meaner and more obnoxious is standard trolling/community disruption.

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

No rules or processes have changed regarding duplicate accounts, which are still not allowed. Banned members are definitely not allowed to come back under any name. The various ways we can check on who might be a returnee is the same. But ... people, especially trolls and troublemakers ... are learning new tricks.

We will investigate, in depth, any reports of "returning, previously banned members" and if that is determined, they will be tossed out ... again.

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Awesome, thanks Bette. And by the way, I re-read my post and it sounds like I meant to say there's less control in the team or something like that, no way, it was more about how obsessed I was with it. Apologies for the poor wording there.

Some time ago I read this post by a bitchy new member in the lines of "never in all my years in tFS have I seen a discussion like this come up", registration date: the week before.. play it smart, people!

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

No problem, MP.

I was vague about our process, deliberately. As you know, from being a former Team Leader, we don't want to give our secrets away about actually confirm when someone returns under another name. But... we can always use your help, if you think someone is back who should not be.

Last edited by BetteT; 1 Week Ago at 11:08 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, answer, change, post, user