How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-03-2011
windowshopping

Posting an advertisement/wanted advertisement
Hi!

I am wondering where I can post an advertisement/wanted advertisement, if I can post it in The Fashion Spot forums. I would also like to know if there are any rules regarding this.

Thank you very much in advance.

Dorothy

04-03-2011
V.I.P.

Thanks for asking, because that is a very important topic on the Fashion Spot.

Advertising and Promotions:

There are very strict "no self promotion" rules and "no selling/promoting" rules on tFS, so it's most likely that whatever you want to advertise would not be allowed. We are owned by a large e-media/advertising firm and if you want to advertise on tFS, you may contact them, via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of every page. You will be put in touch with someone who sells advertising on tFS and all the other sites they own.

Refer to the Community Rules which you agreed to as a condition of your membership (linked at the bottom of every page) They state:
Quote:
- Absolutely no advertisements, chain letters, spam or related materials.
- No selling of personal items, even fashion-related items. This is a discussion forum. Please note: The trial eBay suggestions thread will be exempted from this rule. For specific rules for this thread, see the first post.http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/f46/get-before-s-gone-our-ebay-suggestions-reading-thread-guidelines-required-52448.html.
In the Announcements and also in this forum, pinned just above this thread ... we have a clarification of this, in case you have a site where you sell or promote anything: Self Promotion for Blogs / Web Sites / Stores at tFS?

Last edited by BetteT; 04-03-2011 at 01:48 PM.
04-03-2011
V.I.P.

"Want Ads":

Important to know that if you are seeking to buy anything from members ... you may not post that in threads, because it encourages other members to "sell" via tFS ... which is not allowed. We call that "soliciting a purchase". You may PM individual members if you think they might be able to help you ... but it must not appear in the threads.

However, there are a few threads pinned to the top of the Careers, Education forum ... regarding networking, employment, casting calls, competitions etc. You may only post opportunities there ... you may not ask for information nor offer your services in any of these. Those threads are just for sharing information where members might find something of interest to them.

Last edited by BetteT; 07-06-2012 at 08:50 PM.
24-02-2012
windowshopping

Advertising on the Fashion Spot
Hello,

I've have written several messages attempting to contact someone about advertising onThe Fashion Spot. Over the past three weeks all I have received are automated emails and surveys. Is there a waiting period before I am contacted by a staff member or a telephone number where I cant get in touch with someone?

Thank You

24-02-2012
Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by boutiqueon57 View Post
Hello,

I've have written several messages attempting to contact someone about advertising onThe Fashion Spot. Over the past three weeks all I have received are automated emails and surveys. Is there a waiting period before I am contacted by a staff member or a telephone number where I cant get in touch with someone?

Thank You
I have contacted the help desk and they confirmed that they forwarded two inquiries to the site manager. I will also ask about it. Sorry for the lack of response.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
advertisement, advertisement or wanted, posting