How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-05-2005
backstage pass

grrr... it didn't work!

After i upload the pic to image shack what do i do? I so confused

17-05-2005
Storm & Sommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nELL
grrr... it didn't work!

After i upload the pic to image shack what do i do? I so confused

Here's what you do:
For a full size and not a thumbnail you copy the red underlined part of the link as shown in the attachment below and add it to the insert image icon above(it's the grey mountain yellow background icon ..remove the http:// allready in the box ) and voila you should be good to go!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image shack.jpg (44.3 KB, 79 views)

pinterest : hanneonpin
17-05-2005
backstage pass

thanks so much Hanne!

09-12-2007
V.I.P.

congrats, nelia!. if you'd like to learn how to post direct images (no larger than 800x800 pixels), here's the usual process through imageshack.us (once you figure it out here, it's a lot easier to do it in photobucket.com.. and the service is a lot better as imageshack uploads seem to turn into red Xs at times ).

Step 1: avoid the 'Quick Reply' box at the bottom of each page and either click on 'go advanced' or 'post reply'. once you're there, click on the 'Insert Image' feature shown here in the yellow button.

Step 2: a little bar on top of the page will appear asking you to insert the URL of the image you want to post.

Step 3: Upload the image at imageshack.us. once it's ready, scroll down until you see the last option that says 'direct link to the image' and copy the link in that box.

Step 5: Paste it inside the tFS box mentioned in Step #2.

Step 5: press enter and voila :p..

try hitting the 'preview post' before submitting the reply just so you can see if you got it right.
hope this works, good luck!.

Last edited by MulletProof; 09-12-2007 at 10:44 AM.
21-02-2008
V.I.P.

*** can Team moderators pinned this thread?

...i think this is the post that shows you how to do imageshack post #31 ... i dont want this to be lost in the forum because this could be a valued reference guide to those that do not know how to post full pictures ,like myself

23-02-2008
Confused & Bewildered

I would prefer that Admin block the posting of full size, embedded images and restrict them to thumbnails or attachments only. There should be a 75-100k maximum image size limit which is quite easy to impose in this vBulletin forum software.

Some threads have dozens of embedded pictures adding up to several Mb (Megabits) of data which can cause serious delays in page loading.

04-09-2008
flaunt the imperfection

i did exactly what mullet said and it worked!!!...

i have then tried to post images in profile messages....
but they are small and i cannot figure out how to make them thumbnails so that if you click on them they enlarge or how to just make them bigger...

maybe i am resizing them when i upload without even realizing it?...
...i'm confused...

04-09-2008
The future is stupid

^softgrey... if you want to post thumbnails then post the thumbnail forum code from the imagehost... at imageshack the code shows at the top area... so it isn't in MP's post. You can also upload to imagevenue & other hosts for thumbnails.

04-09-2008
flaunt the imperfection

hmmm...thanks mma....
i will have a look and see if i can find it......

07-09-2008
trendsetter

How can I post 2 or more pics in one horizonal line? I can only post them in a very long vertical line. (full size pics)

07-09-2008
The future is stupid

^Just bring your cursor to the far right of the image... make a space & then post the next image. If you're hotlinking from style.com you should be able to see it. Sometimes it won't show that the pics are next to each other unless you are posting in the Go Advanced mode... click Preview Post to check your images before you click Submit Reply... then if they look OK click Submit Reply. Usually 2 images side-by-side from style.com is good.

You can practice in this thread if you want to first

07-09-2008
Confused & Bewildered

At the end of the image code you should see a " ] ". Make sure there's at least one blank space between it and the " [ " at the beginning of the next image code.

Doing this allows the board software to determine if the images are too wide to be displayed side-by-side of if a line feed needs to be inserted placing the next image on a separate line.

If you want to force a separate line no matter what the width is, hit your " Enter " key between the brackets.

" ] "
Enter
" [ "

Last edited by Echoes; 07-09-2008 at 07:41 AM.
07-09-2008
trendsetter

It works! It won't show in the edit box, it shows when I click preview...and if I don't press enter all the pics will be next to each other and become an endless horizontal line....
Thank you MissMagAddict !

07-09-2008
The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancorpse View Post
It works! It won't show in the edit box, it shows when I click preview...and if I don't press enter all the pics will be next to each other and become an endless horizontal line....
Thank you MissMagAddict !
Great

07-09-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
At the end of the image code you should see a " ] ". Make sure there's at least one blank space between it and the " [ " at the beginning of the next image code.

Doing this allows the board software to determine if the images are too wide to be displayed side-by-side of if a line feed needs to be inserted placing the next image on a separate line.

If you want to force a separate line no matter what the width is, hit your " Enter " key between the brackets.

" ] "
Enter
" [ "
Thank you! That space is extremely important ... for exactly the reason you said. Otherwise it creates extra work for the moderators who must go in and insert the spaces .... to allow the page format to return to normal.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hosting, hotlinking, linking, pictures, posting, sites