How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-10-2008
i'm almost ready..

i'm suddenly having trouble posting thumbnails from imageshack on TFS .... usually the picture limit per post is 15 pictures... now when i post more than 5 or 6 it says i have included too many images (usually if i include links to 6 thumbnails it will say i've tried to include about 17 images..) and that i have to remove some....so now i end up having to post 4 or 5 thumbnails at a time...

any suggestions?..it's driving me crazy...

12-10-2008
scenester

Just Test

Finally I learn to post. Thank you guys! But my images appear very small like this ones on the forum, only if you click on them they get to normal size and open in a new window.. How to do so they appear in normal size without need to be clicked? Some of you guys do it somehow

Last edited by Vertigo One; 12-10-2008 at 03:53 PM.
12-10-2008
scenester

test

I learn to do it with photobucket, with others like imagevenue or imageshack did'nt work..

Last edited by Vertigo One; 12-10-2008 at 04:07 PM.
04-12-2008
tfs star

For some reason I don't get how to post images... I have a photobucket account, and I'm trying to do everything like it's explained on the previous page, but all my images show up just as X's
Maybe someone has had similar problems and they have worked them out?
Hopefully someone can tell me what I should do, 'cause I'd really like to post pics

(and sorry for my bad english)

V.I.P.

^with photobucket you just need to copy the text that is in front of the Direct Link & paste it here. if you know how to do it maybe they show up as an X for you because something is wrong with your browser.

07-02-2009
tfs star

i'm using imagevenue, until now i always failed to post pics with them. can somebdody help me how to post pics with imagevenue? thx

07-02-2009
The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuli_trendy View Post
i'm using imagevenue, until now i always failed to post pics with them. can somebdody help me how to post pics with imagevenue? thx
Hi kuli_trendy After the image is finished uploading post the forum thumbnail link... I drew a red box around the correct link to post. You can practice in this thread or in your own profile.

source | scan & screencap by MMA
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cats.jpg (162.7 KB, 22 views)

07-02-2009
V.I.P.

test using photobucket

Last edited by vogue28; 07-02-2009 at 02:11 PM.
07-02-2009
V.I.P.

finally learnt how to do it!

tfs star

test

13-02-2009
tfs star

thank you so much MMA

20-02-2009
scenester

Another test...

[/IMG]

20-02-2009
front row

I need to rant a little.

I have to say that I absolutely hate it when people hotlink directly to images on a server that is not theirs or a free imagehost. It's stealing bandwidth and rude. With TheFashionSpot being such a large site as it is, with the amount of hits and pageviews, the bandwidth impact on those sites that host the images can be devastating. A lot of people pay for and have limited bandwidth, imagine if you have a small private website where you host a certain image that is considered "high res" that unknowingly winds up being directly linked to in a thread via the [*img] tag and that thread is a popular thread. That is absolutely not cool, regardless if the site is tiny or a major corporation's site, they're not paying for webhosting services for anyone but their site. This is 2009 not 1998, the amount of people ignorant of and/or not caring about this is shocking, you don't do that.
It's not the site owner's responsible to format the .httpd file to show a "DO NOT STEAL MY BANDWIDTH" image instead of the hotlinked one.
Given the amount of free imagehosts available, that is created with the sole task in mind of hosting images for messageboards etc. I can not wrap my head around the amount of images that are hotlinked by means of just right-clicking on an image and put the url into [*img] tags.

/end rant

20-02-2009
V.I.P.

So you know, tFS provides a attachment feature that is fairly easy to use .... and we encourage the use of free hosting sites for images rather than hotlinking.

25-02-2009
backstage pass

I have been having issues with uploading images from imageVenue for a while now. I am hoping to get some helpful tips...
I have tried to instructions that were posted by MissMagAddict on posting thumbnails. it has worked for me once. Since them every time I try and I test it I get a message in the window saying "this image does not exist on this server".. Needless to say, it's driving me nutso!!! What am I doing wrong?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so very much

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hosting, hotlinking, linking, pictures, posting, sites