Posting Pictures ... Using the tFS Attachments feature - Page 12 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-08-2014
rising star

only when i start a new discussion(new thread),"the grey Manage Attachment button"will show up..
but when i want to comment(reply)..i can't find it..where is it?

12-08-2014
rising star

test

12-08-2014
rising star

i tried it again..seemingly this time i figured out ..anyway thanks for sharing and teaching it with us
Attached Images
File Type: jpg d000baa1cd11728bd2338897c8fcc3cec3fd2c6c.jpg (113.8 KB, 6 views)

12-08-2014
V.I.P.

Congratulations, you have successfully "attached" the photo.

"Attaching it" means that you have hosted it here in your own Fashion Spot account. However, if you post a lot of pictures, your "attachment space" will run out after a while (it's free, but it doesn't hold a lot of pictures).

So, if you get a message that says your "attachment space is full", remember that you will have to learn the other method instead .... host your pictures an a site like imgbox .... then link to it there.

Here is the thread about the "other method" to post pictures, Hosting your pictures on another site. Also you can find information there about "hotlinking", which we prefer that you don't do, on a regular basis:http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f44...king-9480.html

Last edited by BetteT; 12-08-2014 at 01:52 PM.
10-09-2014
rising star

Sorry, if it was already mentioned, but my question is:
If I would like to post here the photos, that I shared on my blog, what could I use? Which link?
I tried it with the yellow, mountain button (which says: Insert image) and it worked, but the pictures were too big and needed too much space. Could I resize the somehow?

10-09-2014
V.I.P.

Welcome to the Fashion Spot!

Just in case you didn't know, here's what you need to know about posting pics from your blog ... before you even learn the technical aspects: You must credit your original source ... and may not credit your blog. So, make sure you know where you got the pics from, before you post them. Here's where you can find the crediting rules ... in the Announcements Forum:
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f43...ory-92242.html

Now .... there are two ways to post pics. This thread is about "attachments" and for that you use the paper clip icon to enter your URL. That usually scales them down in size, automatically.

Or, you can reduce them in size using any photo editing software, like "photoshop" or even the basic apps that come with your digital cameras.

(The other way to post pictures is to have them stored on an outside photo hosting site, and use their code. They usually have "thumbnail"codes, which will make them tiny, but anyone can click on the thumbnail and see the full size image. To learn about that, go here: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f44...king-9480.html )

Last edited by BetteT; 10-09-2014 at 03:09 PM.
11-09-2014
rising star

Thank you for the sweet welcome and all the information BetteT! Everything is clear (for now) And I won't forget about the original sources!

23-10-2014
front row

Please help! I have the images I would like to post on a thread (5 of them). Every time I do the 'manage attachments' option to upload the photographs, they just don't appear! I have tried resizing them etc but nothing seems to work

V.I.P.

Let's review and upload a couple of pictures to make sure the system is working. Here is what I'm doing ... step by step:

How to Use the tFS Attachments feature:

1. Use the Advanced reply form (not the quick reply)
2. Click on the Paperclip icon and a window appears.
3. Click on one of the boxes that says "Choose File"
4. locate the photo you wish to upload from your own computer, click on it and click on open.
5. Not that the image name appears in the window, next to choose file.
6. click on Upload ... wait while it processes (see message at bottom of window).
7. If it succeeds you will see the link in a list at the bottom of the window. Scroll down. If it doesn't succeed, usually because it's too big, you will see "Upload fails" ... as denoted by a message at the top of the window.

If you are trying to upload something from a web site, use the same process as above ... except at step #3, you will drop down further in the window to "upload from an URL" and insert the URL in that box below.

Now that you have uploaded them to your own attachments file, you have one more step: You have to go back again to actually post your attachments:
1. Click on the paperclip icon again and click on the link you want ... or click on insert all.

Let me try that here for the two pictures i just uploaded by both methods ... and see what happens. Make sure the attachments are moved away from the type or they could get moshed together a bit.

bored-baby1.jpg

50cuteanimpic6.jpg
abduzeedo.com

I'm thinking that you just did not go back in a second time and post the downloaded images ... which is the most common mistake. Let us know if doing this still doesn't work for you .... post any error messages that you are getting.

Note: I posted my source under the second picture without posting a link, ... as required by our crediting rules which can be found in the Announcements Forum.

Last edited by BetteT; 29-09-2016 at 01:28 PM.
24-10-2014
front row

I'm so stupid, I just wasn't waiting long enough for them to upload before closing the window! Thank you

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
attachments, feature, image, images, photo, photos, picture, pictures, posting, tfs