How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-10-2015

Posting whole editorials when only one shot is relevant to the thread
I've seen this since a couple of years ago, and it seems to me like it's just wasted bandwidth (on both TFS servers and our own) to, for example, post whole editorials in a model's thread when only one or two shots are of said model.

Then those same editorials get posted under the corresponding photographer, make-up artist, stylist and editor threads (not to mention the magazines')

Why not just post the relevant shot(s) for the model, and leave the whole editorial under the respective magazine and/or photographer thread?

14-10-2015
V.I.P.

I am not worried about postimage/imgur etc. bandwidth and neither should you - they make their money through advertising.

TFS's own image posting site (fashionpix) isn't losing money. if it was - they would pull it down.

many people here post whole editorials because of convenience. it may be easier to upload an album instead of saving photos individually.

personally, i like when people post whole editorials - it puts the particular model's images in perspective.

also i don't look a gift horse in the mouth. TFS depends on the kindness of its members to post these images - and i'm very grateful to them.

Forgot to mention. We have not received any previous complaints about this to my knowledge. We do have a rule about quoting images however - that is a waste of bandwidth - not to mention that it looks terrible and clutters up the pages.

Last edited by lucy92; 14-10-2015 at 03:45 PM.
14-10-2015

I think it's annoying and clutterful having to see a whole editorial with other girls I might not like so much/have no interest in when I'm visiting a particular model's thread. I don't see the point of posting the whole editorial in those particular instances (happens a lot, of course.)

I guess Tfs doesn't care about the user experience of us who may not have the latest hardware required to process such information in an appropriate manner, when we're only interested in accessing very particular information (the main reason for visiting a model's particular thread, wouldn't you agree?) but then again I see you don't find any fault in it so those of us who happen to have this problem will just have to deal

Last edited by arlekindearrabal; 14-10-2015 at 07:03 PM.
16-10-2015
V.I.P.

Please understand that when your say that "tFS doesn't care", you probably don't know that "tFS" is not the company that owns and operates the site, which does not get involved in what is posted, nor the moderation nor anything in the forums, except legal matters. "tFS" is all the members, collectively. The moderator team is made up of members who have volunteered to help.

I certainly understand that you don't have the most updated hardware, and how that is a problem for you. I wish I could help ... but you are the only one who has reported this as a problem, so far. If numerous complaints come, we will definitely take a long look at it and see if it would be worth it to make a rules change. But until that happens, how much the members post is their choice.

Here a brief rundown on how rules changes happen:

When we get many complaints about something, we discuss it and decide if it's important enough to take the time and effort to change a rule or guideline ... to make it better for all members. It takes many months (up to about a year) of moderators working on it as a team to enact a change like this. First, we must decide on how to make the change in the rules so it's easy to understand and simple enough to ask members to change what they do and how they post. Then we must educate all the members, monitor all the threads constantly, issue reminders to dozens and dozens of members who don't bother to read the rules change announcements, then follow up what they do to make sure they are now in compliance. So ... we do not change rules very often ... and only when it is very important to all of the membership.

Last edited by BetteT; 16-10-2015 at 03:17 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
editorials, posting, relevant, shot, thread