How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
25-08-2008
  1
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Gender: homme
Posts: 10,106
Privacy / Invisible Mode: What if I Don't Want Others to Know When I'm On Line?
Why is there a feature that shows what I'm doing at the moment and which thread I'm reading? There is a reason why I don't show that I'm online and I don't want everybody to read what I'm doing, even if I don't do anything secret or bad. People just know that you are here and that you can talk at the moment.

  Reply With Quote
 
25-08-2008
  2
The future is stupid
 
MissMagAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 25,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
Why is there a feature that shows what I'm doing at the moment and which thread I'm reading? There is a reason why I don't show that I'm online and I don't want everybody to read what I'm doing, even if I don't do anything secret or bad. People just know that you are here and that you can talk at the moment.
Marcel... if you are logged in as *hidden* then nobody can see in your profile what you are doing at the moment... only you will know.


__________________
Love is what you want.

  Reply With Quote
25-08-2008
  3
V.I.P.
 
Paws's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canada
Gender: femme
Posts: 7,444
I think he means that at the bottom of each thread that you are in ....it shows this (even if you have hidden your online status)

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (2 members and 0 guests) Paws*

  Reply With Quote
25-08-2008
  4
The future is stupid
 
MissMagAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 25,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws View Post
I think he means that at the bottom of each thread that you are in ....it shows this (even if you have hidden your online status)

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (2 members and 0 guests) Paws*
It shouldn't... if he's logged in as invisible then he should be the only one that can see his name at the bottom of the thread... current active users.


__________________
Love is what you want.

  Reply With Quote
25-08-2008
  5
V.I.P.
 
Paws's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canada
Gender: femme
Posts: 7,444
Ok, I think I get it now, we are seeing our name at the bottom but no one else can. I think he thought that everyone could see that.
Thanks for explaining.

  Reply With Quote
25-08-2008
  6
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Gender: homme
Posts: 10,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMagAddict View Post
Marcel... if you are logged in as *hidden* then nobody can see in your profile what you are doing at the moment... only you will know.

I need to check that, thank you for your help. Funny How you made a new topic, but just to make clear what I mean.



I mean the status that says where I am at the moment (Replying to thread...), not my name at the bottom of each thread. I already know that I'm not visible there.


Last edited by tocceve; 25-08-2008 at 11:21 PM.
  Reply With Quote
25-08-2008
  7
The future is stupid
 
MissMagAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 25,312
^Yes... but that's only visible to you Marcel... if you are logged in with invisible mode no other member can see where or what you're doing via your profile.

__________________
Love is what you want.

  Reply With Quote
25-08-2008
  8
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Gender: homme
Posts: 10,106
Okay then I got it right I was just confused because Paws meant the Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread mode, thank you.

This is new right? What is the meaning behind this?

  Reply With Quote
25-08-2008
  9
V.I.P.
 
Paws's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canada
Gender: femme
Posts: 7,444
My apologies Marcel. I was thinking about the bottom of the page.

I have never seen what you posted about your profile page. Mine does not have that

  Reply With Quote
25-08-2008
  10
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Gender: homme
Posts: 10,106
Really?

Anyway, that's okay you just tried to help and mabye I didn't make sure what I mean.

  Reply With Quote
25-08-2008
  11
The future is stupid
 
MissMagAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 25,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
Okay then I got it right I was just confused because Paws meant the Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread mode, thank you.

This is new right? What is the meaning behind this?
No... it isn't new Marcel... it has been like this for the 3+ years I've been around here.


__________________
Love is what you want.

  Reply With Quote
25-08-2008
  12
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Gender: homme
Posts: 10,106
Oh it's new to me. I have never seen this on my or on other profiles until a week ago or so.

  Reply With Quote
25-08-2008
  13
The future is stupid
 
MissMagAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 25,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws View Post
My apologies Marcel. I was thinking about the bottom of the page.

I have never seen what you posted about your profile page. Mine does not have that
Well... I can't tell where you are since you are in invisible mode... but I guess it doesn't matter since you always know where you are

You can report it to tech using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page if you'd like to Paws.


__________________
Love is what you want.

  Reply With Quote
25-08-2008
  14
V.I.P.
 
MulletProof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Gender: femme
Posts: 24,721
Yeah, I used to have this on when I first joined ... had to go away with the moderation thing. miss the privacy.

__________________
Metal teeth of carousels.
  Reply With Quote
25-08-2008
  15
The future is stupid
 
MissMagAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 25,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
Oh it's new to me. I have never seen this on my or on other profiles until a week ago or so.
Hmmm interesting... well regardless... as long as everyone who's in invisible mode knows where they are & nobody else knows... then I guess you're all OK



ETA: Remember... you can always modify your options so your profile is set to private & only your friends can see it & post comments.

__________________
Love is what you want.


Last edited by MissMagAddict; 25-08-2008 at 11:56 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
invisible, line, mode, privacy
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. 2014 All rights reserved.