Quoting Images is not allowed. So ... How can you see the image? - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-08-2016
V.I.P.

Quoting Images is not allowed. So ... How can you see the image?
This was brought up recently by our member and it's a valid concern. I'd like to clear up the idea that it's hard to find the original post ... it's actually very easy, if you know what to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffffred View Post
Could be Bridget Satterlee. http://nousmodels.com/portfolio.aspx...id=714766&a=13

Note to moderators: I don't believe it uses extra resources or increases TFS's bandwidth usage to post an image in a reply. The image is downloaded one time by each users computer. It's a far easier way to work this thread and might even increase interest if posters don't have to worry about going back into the thread to try and tie names to faces.
Now days, it may no longer be a huge drain on tFS's bandwidth ... you could be right. However, in any thread with tons of images, such as in Supporting Cast, it still slows the downloading of the page for our members and readers. And it's very cluttered looking. We like to keep things simple and clean in our threads.

So ... if you can't see the original photo in the quote, how can you find it easily? In fact, they are only one click away. It's fast and simple to find them whenever someone is interested in doing so.

Just click on little circle with the double arrow, right next to the Username in the quote. If you roll over that circle you will see: "View Post".

Try it on the quote above ^

Simple and fast ... and it works even if the original was 50 pages back or in another thread, as this one was.

Questions? Concerns?

Last edited by BetteT; 13-08-2016 at 12:36 PM.
13-08-2016
V.I.P.

Thanks for this tip, i 100% agree with the decision to not quote images. Especially when its this easy to access the quoted photo.

15-08-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
Thanks for this tip, i 100% agree with the decision to not quote images. Especially when its this easy to access the quoted photo.
So do I, not only that, I find actually referring to a specific image among a batch of others work just as well. You could say 'who's the girl in the 5th image'. I've never had any problems with that.

I does look messy to see the same image in a quote.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
allowed, copy, copying, image, images, photo, photos, post, posting, quoting