How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-01-2007
girl who fell to earth

I just want to emphasize that reporting posts that contain rudeness or personal attacks on other members is the best way to help the mods take care of things quickly--especially in big, fast-moving sections like star style and supporting cast.

You shouldn't feel like a tattletale or whatever for reporting posts because the mods in the section are the only ones who ever see the reports (they're sent to our emails)..

so for example... if someone reported one of memberX's posts then memberX would never know about it unless someone told them..
and if for some reason they were told that their post had been reported they would never be told who it was that reported them... if that makes sense..

so anyway, if you see rudeness on the boards please feel free to report it and the mods will do their best to take a look at it as soon as possible

20-01-2007
V.I.P.

I do notice some can't handle debates and therefore, would use the 'rudeness' or 'attack' on a poster/s.

then you do have posters who will belittle you and do call you an '***' ... i have seen that in the past...but not so much in the present...

bottomline, this is a forum, it's a place for alot of debates heated or otherwise... best not to take it personally.

20-01-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartarse
I do notice some can't handle debates and therefore, would use the 'rudeness' or 'attack' on a poster/s.

then you do have posters who will belittle you and do call you an '***' ... i have seen that in the past...but not so much in the present...

bottomline, this is a forum, it's a place for alot of debates heated or otherwise... best not to take it personally.
That's rather hard when it becomes personal or even racist.

21-01-2007
Cinematic Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanita
That's rather hard when it becomes personal or even racist.
When things like this are posted and brought to the moderator's attention it does not end there.
As part of the tFS Guidelines, members are expected to act respectfully.
Comments relating to the above can be grounds for warnings, suspension or a permanent ban and just because it isn't made public it doesn't mean that it hasn't happened.

As Chrissy said, the best action to take is report comments that are offensive and the moderators will deal with them accordingly.

21-01-2007
fashion icon

There have been only a couple of occassions where I have been truely offended by something someone had said, but then again I didnt paticularly care what that person thought of me. To be honest, I think there are certain members who I know are more likely to resort to personal insults in an argument, and I just avoid getting into a discussion with them in the first place. However, all posters have different styles, so what one person says is meant in a light hearted/joking/sarcastic/ironic way and if you are not familliar with the way they post some people do take offence where non was intended. If a discussion is getting personal the best thing for all is just to walk away from it

21-01-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
I must say I have seen some abuse of this smilie:

I think compared to many forums TFS is a really nice place! And the mods do respond quickly to posts that are blatantly rude.

21-01-2007
V.I.P.

You made an excellent point... the thing is this place has alot of international posters... that in cases where a post is intended to be sarcastic or in a joking matter one might take it as offensive and the postee shouldn't be condemned for it , whereas if a racist comment towards a member or a direct insult because you have nothing of substance to debate against another poster should be an automatic warn or otherwised banned...in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanelnumber5
... However, all posters have different styles, so what one person says is meant in a light hearted/joking/sarcastic/ironic way and if you are not familliar with the way they post some people do take offence where non was intended. If a discussion is getting personal the best thing for all is just to walk away from it

21-01-2007
V.I.P.

Agreed. this place need some dose of this once in awhile or else it's boring. if there's no humor a forum will go down. Laughter is good for the soul.

Quote:
Some slightly insulting things, but I find them rather amusing. There's got to be a little humor.

21-01-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartarse
Agreed. this place need some dose of this once in awhile or else it's boring. if there's no humor a forum will go down. Laughter is good for the soul.
True, but some things are not meant to be funny. And they are not.

21-01-2007
backstage pass

I really don't feel that my two cents means anything here since I've been gone for so long but in a sense I can understand both points of view. I am an Admin at another website, although not nearly as large as tFS, and it can be very hard to run a clean smooth website without overly censoring everything.

There are rules that are put in place and the members of the forum agree to obey them. Obviously there are repercussions to everything. If you abuse the system you will get a warning or eventually banned. Like one of the mods above stated if you see a post that is overly rude or crosses the line you should report that. There is a button that says REPORT POST and no one but the moderators of that section will know that the post was reported. When you report the post it asks why you are reporting it and you have the option of writing "rude, racist, small minded" or whatever else you think the post was.

I am a member of a lot of forums and I believe that tFS is one of the cleanest ones in terms of how members treat each other. There are only a few users who I notice on a regular basis that are rude or very snarky to other members. If you have a problem with them, keep on reporting their posts.

I dont think that it is right for a mod to allow someone else to get bashed as long as the person doing the bashing shares the same opinion as the mod, however do not forget that the staff members of the forum are also people and have the right to their opinion, even if it is controversial.

Just my few cents.

21-01-2007
Day Dreaming

I'd first and foremost I'd like to give kudos to everyone who has posted in this thread. I am so proud of the direction it has taken. This is what we encourage from our members, mature and open opinions.

As members you are what tFS is all about and we value you. Please do not ever feel that you cannot approach a moderator or a Team Leader. We are here for you and the well being of tFS.

I would recommend that if you feel attacked that you do PM a moderator with the post. We will address the incident on your behalf. We do want you experience to be an enjoyable one.

Remember that communication is key, so maybe a deep breathe and PM could in fact clear up misunderstandings.

Again, Thank you for your comments and opinions. They are most welcome and valued. We are here for you

AndoraStar
Team Leader

utterly superfluous

Ah, its always a fine line with issues of respect, because its such a subjective thing unfortunately. We're raised to believe if you act respectfully toward others, than its enough. However, most people are never taught how to be respectful, they learn what is respectable in their environments. So how does one person, or one small group of people figure out how to define "respect" for everyone? I agree with a lot of what has been said in this thread, and its nice to see that Mods are, per usual, more than responsive to this issue.

My opinion, for what it means here, is that we have a fairly respectable forum here. God only knows that when I was about 13, I was an original poster at RealWorldSucks - which eventually went on to become SurvivorSucks, (who knows where my parents where ). I've never seen people feel the need to be so incredibly vicious towards each other. I can dish it with the best of them, and I can handle being on the receiving end, but more importantly I enjoy the fact that I don't have to worry about that here at tFS.

The only issue that I have ever had with "rudeness," has never been directly towards me, but towards many of the subjects of the Supporting Cast forum. I generally have an issue with someone wasting their time, to come here and insult the physical beauty of the girls (most of whom are too young to be in the positions that they're in anyway). I find it hugely inappropriate to ridicule the models, especially when some are at hugely influencial points in their lives, with easy enough access to this site.

Again, its not an issue that is "out of control" by any means. When it happens, I simply post that if they don't appreciate, or even like the looks of the model, then just as simply don't post in their threads. Then again, if it ever gets awful enough that it would ruin my time in the threads that I love, I would simply PM a Mod without any hesitation.

Simply put, keep doing what we're doing now. Like Andora says, contacting a moderator is honestly the best solution to this issue. Great jobs guys and girls!

01-04-2007
V.I.P.

I saw a rude post! I reported it! And it vanished!

TFS is amazing.

01-04-2007
rÍverie

^ as simple as that

02-04-2007
V.I.P.

^ Not really. I reported a comment that was rude and weight-related, but it's still sitting there, quoted by multiple people. I never wanted to report anything to begin with so I never will again because obviously there's no point if the comments are just going to remain there.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
board, rudeness