How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-10-2006
backstage pass

Whoa so many posts so fast! :p

Well, I think if it were true that the current usergroup of Tfs did not enjoy their celebrities, we wouldn't have posts in the celebrity threads. Besides celebrities and fashion are kind of inseperable whether we want it to be that way or not. Celebrities are like the bridge between designers and regular people, I think they are like models for the general population. Designers embrace celebrities, and use celebrities in ad campaigns, and give them free clothes to promote their wares, how are celebrities less "fashion" then art, or music? I think these people are just interested in a different type of fashion then some of the other members, but they joined these forums and put work into making them popular (in the form of posting) like everyone else, why should they be weeded out? Why should their favourite posting ground dissapear? Is this like the "witch hunt of the less fashion elite?" I'm just saying the point of a forum is to discuss issues that are of interest to the public, in this case it's members, if members want to talk about celebrities why shouldn't they be able to? I'm starting to feel like there will be two classes of members on this forum these "fashion elite" and regular people, and I don't think that should be the case.

14-10-2006
V.I.P.

I'm not saying the current usergroup wouldn't enjoy, but I don't feel many of them would miss the threads.

Most of the celebrity threads aren't about their style. I see your point, but still it won't change my opinion about why the celeb threads shouldn't stay.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisa
Whoa so many posts so fast! :p

Well, I think if it were true that the current usergroup of Tfs did not enjoy their celebrities, we wouldn't have posts in the celebrity threads. Besides celebrities and fashion are kind of inseperable whether we want it to be that way or not. Celebrities are like the bridge between designers and regular people, I think they are like models for the general population. Designers embrace celebrities, and use celebrities in ad campaigns, and give them free clothes to promote their wares, how are celebrities less "fashion" then art, or music? I think these people are just interested in a different type of fashion then some of the other members, but they joined these forums and put work into making them popular (in the form of posting) like everyone else, why should they be weeded out? Why should their favourite posting ground dissapear? Is this like the "witch hunt of the less fashion elite?" I'm just saying the point of a forum is to discuss issues that are of interest to the public, in this case it's members, if members want to talk about celebrities why shouldn't they be able to? I'm starting to feel like there will be two classes of members on this forum these "fashion elite" and regular people, and I don't think that should be the case.
I understand what you mean with the 'classes' at tFS, it is an unfortunate thing, since I don't think I belong to any 'class', nor wish to. (and I don't think anyone will wishes there is a 'class' system here)
Celebs are a big part of popular media, and so is fashion. I still don't thing the threads should be removed, I won't miss them, I would be glad if they were gone, but I know people really like the those threads, and I can't make them don't care about celebs (I wish everyone would just stop caring, but that is not in my power)
Is there an way you could ignore the starstyle stuff? I thinkthere is, somewere at userCP, I will look at it. So everytime you press 'NewPosts' or 'Forums' they don't show? That would be like they are not even there.

14-10-2006
V.I.P.

You can disabe certain threads, if you wan't to, look at UserCP, Edit Options, Miscellaneois Options.

14-10-2006
V.I.P.

I tried that, maybe I didn't do it right but they didn't disappear.

Why couldn't this forum be different from the others and not have the celebrity threads? What is the problem with that? I still do want to repeat that many of the people who love the celeb threads are not interested about other parts of this forum.
This forum was not to be about celebrities, and as far as celebrities aren't synonymoys with fashion world they shouldn't be included.

Am I really the only one who thinks it wouldn't harm this forum to have those two sections gone?

Last edited by Whitelinen; 14-10-2006 at 07:25 AM.
14-10-2006
backstage pass

Thanks for understanding! I was afraid I would be lynched for saying anything like this!

V.I.P.

Why would you be?

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLinen
I tried that, maybe I didn't do it right but they didn't disappear.

Why couldn't this forum be different from the others and not have the celebrity threads? What is the problem with that? I still do want to repeat that many of the people who love the celeb threads are not interested about other parts of this forum.
This forum was not to be about celebrities, and as far as celebrities aren't synonymoys with fashion world they shouldn't be included.

Am I really the only one who thinks it wouldn't harm this forum to have those two sections gone?
You could try to get them removed, via the Mods, but I'm afraid it won't work, since the more users, the more money for tFS from advertising, and paying members.

14-10-2006
V.I.P.

This is starting to look like an chatroom, as fast as it is moving.

14-10-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kan-i-ta
You could try to get them removed, via the Mods, but I'm afraid it won't work, since the more users, the more money for tFS from advertising, and paying members.
I think the problem that tFS has is that it has grown too much. This is why this is an invitation only community at the moment and why the buddy lists were invented.

I'd like to get a comment from a mod to this thread.

I feel the celebrity threads aren't doing any good for this forum.

V.I.P.

I have started an thread about the disabling of threads, It is not working for me

If a mod, or somebody who knows how it works posts, we might be able to disable the rumour/starstylethreads.

Link: http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...52#post2414252

14-10-2006
V.I.P.

But wouldn't that only make us stop seeing the new topics?

V.I.P.

Seeing this annoys me: (made one minute ago)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sd.JPG (188.7 KB, 37 views)

14-10-2006
V.I.P.

What exactly is that? It sure does look annoying

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLinen
But wouldn't that only make us stop seeing the new topics?
Stop seeing new topics you don't want to see. They are still there, but you don't have to see them, just as you can put someone on your ignore list and don't see there posts (which is a little unhandy, in my opinion)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
rumours