How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-10-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLinen
What exactly is that? It sure does look annoying
hahah, it is what I see when I click on NewPosts, half of it is starstyle/celebs singers etc, you would have to make it lanrger (by opening it/clicking on it) than you will see it.

14-10-2006
Deep Red Bells

I agree with alot of people's views on this...
but I would like to say that the models threads seem alot like the star style threads to me...
alot of people that visit the model threads are there for the models not fashion or even the models place in the fashion world...
I would think if the star style section was gone then why get to keep the supporting cast threads?....

14-10-2006
V.I.P.

^I agree with you about that, and this is where it gets complicated...which brings me to the question; what is the point of these forums? What was the general idea when this forum was created?

Kan-i-ta: that looks scary!

Last edited by Whitelinen; 14-10-2006 at 07:50 AM.
14-10-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
and this is where it gets complicated...

Oh, yes. I really was surprised that there were people who only care about models, not about fashion. How could you have one without the other? And that is indeed where it gets complicated... How could you remove those threads? It is fashion, even if most of the models threads are like fasnsites, the do kind of belong here.
Just like the art, movies and music threads, fashion is part of something bigger, it does include all those things.

Last edited by kanita; 14-10-2006 at 07:56 AM.
14-10-2006
Meg
inspired contemplation

phew, lots of discussion here in the last few minutes!!

First of all, I appreciate you airing your views on this and I love getting feedback from members so please, don't ever hesitate to PM me.

A lot of great points have been made in this thread both for and against Rumours Has It and Star Style threads. Tfs though privately run, does in some respects try to be an egalitarian community. Like others have suggested, if we get rid of one area, where does it stop? Heart & Soul is not a fashion related forum and yet many people post there and find it worthwhile. Supporting Cast as brokenenglish suggest above, operates quite similarily to Star Style and many models get elevated to a celebrity status. So this argument could be made for any of these threads.

This is why the edit search function is in place. Though I am a mod and have been a member for years, there are some areas I find less enjoyable then others. Therefore I keep them out of my 'new posts' section. I visit those areas only occasionally. I think that a lot of people who post in Star Style, also post in Designers and Collections. I know I certainly do and I see lots of people in Designers and Collections who post elsewhere as well. This is part of being a community and the diversity that comes with it. Fashion interacts on so many different levels (art, music, celebrities, shopping, runway collections, etc) and we want to embrace all of them. If you don't, that is perfectly fine, but please use your User CP to moderate what you do and do not want to see.

That said, I'm totally up for suggestions of how to reorganize Rumour Has It.

Last edited by Meg; 14-10-2006 at 07:57 AM.
14-10-2006
Deep Red Bells

I think that having one gossip thread for the gossip prone celebs in "rumors" is a great idea...
It's getting quite congested in there with a new thread everyday for every new rumor.

14-10-2006
backstage pass

I think one thread per celebrity would work, and all the rumours pertaining to that celebrity could be posted in that celebrity's rumour thread. But then if a rumour involves two celebrities or more it could get posted repeatedly, which is kind of pointless. Herm.

V.I.P.

If you use this "New Posts" -opinion, am I not able to view anything but new posts?

And I'd still like to know the original idea of this forum

Meg
inspired contemplation

The new posts function works as such, that when you log into tfs and click 'new posts' it shows you all the new posts that have been posted since you were last here. You may use the edit feature within your User CP to select which threads you would like to keep out of this. Therefore any 'lighter' threads that don't interest you or that you don't find valuable, you don't have to see. If you wanted to exclude Star Style and then for whatever reason, you wanted to visit a certain celeb's thread, you just need to click the forums button at the top left hand corner of the page and can easily access star style from there.

14-10-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLinen
If you use this "New Posts" -opinion, am I not able to view anything but new posts?

And I'd still like to know the original idea of this forum
You see the new posts that are been made, that is it.

And yes, I would also like to know more about tFS, there are some threads about it on Member Support & Feedback. But it is still a bit unclear.

14-10-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg
The new posts function works as such, that when you log into tfs and click 'new posts' it shows you all the new posts that have been posted since you were last here. You may use the edit feature within your User CP to select which threads you would like to keep out of this. Therefore any 'lighter' threads that don't interest you or that you don't find valuable, you don't have to see. If you wanted to exclude Star Style and then for whatever reason, you wanted to visit a certain celeb's thread, you just need to click the forums button at the top left hand corner of the page and can easily access star style from there.
Thanks! It is working for me now

14-10-2006
V.I.P.

No wait still not working I can disable for example the Starstyle threads, but others still show, how can I remove more at a time, when remove one, and go back to remove more, the first one come back.

14-10-2006
front row

I don't think the Star Style thread is unnecessary at all, i'm sure lots of its visitors are interested in fashion, especially in seeing what new outfits the stars are wearing. It's sort of like a styling guide/trend guide, and i notice alot of people asking "where do i get that? Who's that dress by?" etc..

14-10-2006
Meg
inspired contemplation

kanita, i responded to your PM

14-10-2006
V.I.P.

I like the idea of one big thread for certain celebs (in particular Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie, Sienna Miller and Keira Knightley) It's not that I have a problem with reading posts about them, it just seems that alot of topics that get started on them are the same thing over and over ("Lindsay buys top with credit card", "Lindsay buys pants with cash", "Lindsay buys shoes with Bank Card" )

Last edited by jssy4eva; 14-10-2006 at 09:00 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
rumours