How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-10-2008
V.I.P.

That is a valid concern, Mr. Lagerfeld.

We want our members to invite other members who will be good contributors and who will be a positive influence in the community. We want everyone to consider who they are inviting and not to invite people they don't know fairly well. It does reflect back on your own membership and invitation priveledges, if the invited member causes problems.

I'm afraid that once someone has accepted your invitation and joined, you cannot have the membership removed. We will only delete a member if we felt that they were violating the rules and/or disrupting the forums and did not heed our warnings. You will be fine as long as everyone you have invited behaves themselves.

Last edited by BetteT; 06-11-2008 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Updating.

05-12-2008
V.I.P.

Hi, got a couple of questions...

I invited a couple of people and as they said they got an invite and activated and one even posted a few times. But when I checked the invitations list it was said ' expired' against their names. Does that mean that they did not activate it anyhow after all ?... But then how did one get to post a couple of times ? Hmmmm...

And another question is, I cant seem to find 'invite a friend' option in my profile anymore, looked everywhere...is it gone ? Just wondering. I was told by another member she has same troubles finding the invite a member option in her profile as well. Weird.

Thanks in advance

V.I.P.

I'm not sure how they got in if your invitation expired ... unless they got invited by a different way ... maybe by someone else? If your invitation expired, it means that they did not take you up on it. If they posted ... then they are members by some means ... they would have to be in order to post and they still should be members, unless they were banned.

As stated earliet in this thread, only members in good standing may invite. Members who have had Warnings about violating our rules or have invited members who have not conducted themselves properly, may have had their invitation privileges removed. Other than that, it should still be there.

Last edited by BetteT; 05-12-2008 at 09:07 PM.
06-12-2008
V.I.P.

Thank you for your reply, Bette

Hmm, I didnt get 'warnings' thanks god and I have no idea if any of those I invited violate any rules, hopefully not, but oh well...I guess Im not able to invite anymore for some reason. But its okay, the main thing Im here and love it.

neorealismo

I have problems with sending invites for some reason: after sending one, I get an e-mail like this:

The original message was received at Sat, 10 Jan 2009 10:26:01 -0800
from localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<agatagy@op.pl>
(reason: 553 5.7.1 Hello [66.180.202.124], for your MAIL FROM address <magda_321@poczta.onet.pl> policy analy...ieprawidlowa KONFIGURACJA programu pocztowego, wlacz AUTORYZACJE: http://poczta.onet.pl/autoryzacja/)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to mx.poczta.onet.pl.:
>>> MAIL From:<magda_321@poczta.onet.pl> SIZE=901
<<< 553 5.7.1 Hello [66.180.202.124], for your MAIL FROM address <magda_321@poczta.onet.pl> policy analysis reported: Nieprawidlowa KONFIGURACJA programu pocztowego, wlacz AUTORYZACJE: http://poczta.onet.pl/autoryzacja/
501 5.6.0 Data format error

I tried authorization, but there are some programmes specified (for example Outlook). And I don't know what type of a programme (or even at all) TFS is..

Last edited by Amelia; 10-01-2009 at 12:32 PM.
10-01-2009
V.I.P.

I beleive that this is not coming from us. It's coming from an email system (not necessarily ours, it can be from any system used in the routing of the email) and it's telling you that something is wrong with the actual email address ... so it can't be delivered. It could mean that the system at the other end is down, or that one character in the email is missing or wrong, that it can't find the address ... something like that. Can't read the actual message ... Polish? But since it is in that language ... I would say it's getting stopped somewhere there ... in Poland ... not here in the U.S.

Last edited by BetteT; 10-01-2009 at 01:42 PM.
10-01-2009
neorealismo

Thank you, yes, it's Polish because I have my email on a Polish server. I will just try other email.

18-01-2009
Ina
rising star

i invited a friend of mine and it's still pending 5 days later.... why is it taking so long?

19-01-2009
V.I.P.

It's up to them to use it or not. If they don't get around to it ... it will just sit there and will expire after a while.

Also ... If they have gmail, hotmail or yahoo ... they might not get it at all, unless the change their email to accept @thefashionspot.com ... because those companies tend to block us for some reason.

19-01-2009
Ina
rising star

she says she hasn't gotten anything yet...? thanks for your reply

19-01-2009
V.I.P.

Then have her change her email to accept our emails ... and after she does that, cancel the invitation and send a new one.

19-01-2009
fashion icon

^I have had the same problem. The girl who I have invited has checked her spam folder,and email manager and she has still not recieved any email and this was maybe 1 month ago?

20-01-2009
V.I.P.

If her email company (gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc.) "blocks" it ... it will not end up in her spam folder ... it just never gets delivered to her at all and she will never see it, anywhere. Only addresses that she personally has set up to block will end up in her spam folder. (I learned that from Echoes ... thank you.)

So ... have her do what I said in my last post to allow it to come through ... and send a new invite ... that should take care of it.

01-02-2009
fashion icon

Hi Bette
The friend in question had enabled the message to go to her mail folder as an allowed address etc,but still nothing happened. The invite just never arrived. However,I sent the invitation to her again yesterday and it came through straight away to junk mail (which was fine) so it's all okay

01-02-2009
V.I.P.

Good ... glad you got it worked out.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
invitations, join, join or, month, sending