How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-10-2009
fashion icon

I cant find the button anymore for inviting a friend
i have never invited someone

Last edited by Edita; 26-10-2009 at 09:19 AM.

26-10-2009
nervous like a knivefight

it's called "Issue New Invitation" and you can find it in your User CP ^

26-10-2009
fashion icon

I don't see it

V.I.P.

Yeah ... it is normally right there, above Subscribe Threads. But not everyone keeps that privilege ... you have to have a clean record, essentially.

I don't know your situation .... but if you have had numerous deleted posts, reminders etc. ... they system may have removed your invitation privileges. It sort of works on a point system ... violations accumulate points based on the severity and number of issues ... so that at a certain point the invitation link disappears.

Also, for certain violations it's removed right away. For, example, if you have invited a "bad" member(a troll or a spammer, for example), you would loose your privileges ... but you say you have never invited anyone yet ... so that won't be the issue. If you open duplicate accounts ... it's removed to prevent you from inviting yourself again.

27-10-2009
fashion icon

ok! & what can i do now ??

fashion elite

No wonder TFS has been having alot of new members recently lol and i was wondering "how" lol

fashion elite

I actually think that they should limit the whole invite function...new members should allow the "invite" function after they have posted X amount of posts or been here for x amount of months or years....u want to control the quality of membership and not have like 10000 registered and no one is really active here..
thats my personal intake on it. or at least minimize the invites.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edita View Post
ok! & what can i do now ??
If your friend knows another member who has invitation privileges, that member may invite her.

Or ... your friend can ask to be placed on the "waiting list" for the next enrollment period. The management does invite industry professionals and others who are heavily involved with fashion, but it's not a guaranteed invitation. To be considered, she should go to this link on the Home Page: How To Join TFS . Tell her to fill out the application with as much information as possible which can prove her interest or work in fashion ... they decide who to invite based on the information given.

Last edited by BetteT; 27-10-2009 at 01:45 PM.
18-11-2009
backstage pass

A friend of mine had trouble signing up after I sent her an invitation. She told me that after successfully receiving the invitation email,

I never got to fill my info - just my user name/password/code etc and the spam thing took me 2 tries (need glasses). I tried to log in and it took in the info but when I went to check out a thread it said wait for a confirmation email... I'm still waiting - is that normal. I'm afraid my info was not completed and they would hold it agaionst me.

Is there a way that I can help her that would not require her signing up with a different email address?

V.I.P.

Oh ok, she didn't receive the activation email. I suggest you to tell your friend to PM a Moderator.

18-11-2009
Soviet Camaro

Many email providers block the automated confirmation emails sent by our servers. She would need to explicitly put @thefashionspot.com on her "safe senders" list in order to receive the confirmation email. It was probably spammed by her email provider.

She should contact the help desk using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page and explain the situation; they handle these requests.

fashion insider

Question-- I've invited two members, and tried to invite a third. The third invite has been "pending" for a week. What does this mean? Am I out of invites?

Thanks!

26-11-2009
V.I.P.

It means that the either didn't get it or they did not use the invite. Email them and ask if they got an email from us on that day. If they did not ... and their email is yahoo, gmail, or hotmail, most likely their system completely blocked our automated email.

What they willl have to do is to add @thefashionspot.com to their "safe sender" list. Then you will need to delete that invitation and send another one.

Also ... when inviting, do not cut and paste emails or names ... type the information in. For some reason ... our system does not recognize that you have input anything if it's pasted.

26-11-2009
fashion insider

OK, thank you for the info, it should prove most helpful. They said they didn't get it, but it could very well be in junk. Good tip about cutting an pasting since I am a huge fan of doing that and may have very well done so!

Oops, one more thing... how do I delete the invite? I do not see the option

Last edited by RandomGlitter; 26-11-2009 at 02:56 PM.
27-11-2009
V.I.P.

I actually forget how to do that ... and since I don't have any pending invitations, I can't play with it to see. But I believe that there is a way to edit it from your actual list of invitations .... is there a link where it says "pending"? If so, click on that and see what happens.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
invitations, join, join or, month, sending