How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-11-2009
fashion insider

Unfortunately the 'Pending' message is not hyperlinked Hmmmm....

29-11-2009
V.I.P.

I just created a Pending invitation ... and I see what you mean ... no longer any way to delete it. It's been changed ... it used to also list the names of everyone in pending, too and now that's gone.

So, just try and send another invitation and see if that works.

29-11-2009
fashion insider

Will do, thanks!

03-12-2009
fashion insider

Hi, me again!

So, I've done as you suggested, and even sent it to a different email address... it's not been delivered, and also says "pending". Can this be looked into further as I've taken all necessary steps to ensure successful transmission, thus it must be another issue...?

03-12-2009
V.I.P.

Was the email hotmail, yahoo mail, gmail or comcast? Those all seem to block us.

Did that person add us to their "safe sender" list, before you sent the new invitation? If she/she didn't do this, the invitation was probably blocked (doesn't even get into their spam folder).

Last edited by BetteT; 03-12-2009 at 03:34 PM.
04-12-2009
fashion insider

The email address was a Hotmail address... however the ones you list are servers most of us use-- and it's where I received my invite. Are you saying it's hit and miss?

Yes, she added @thefashionspot to her safe list, and everything else was done correctly. Is there any way we can rectify this?

04-12-2009
V.I.P.

It might be hit and miss, I don't know. But, we constantly get reports about this issue and it's often hotmail. So we tell them to add us and we don't hear back from them, so I'm assuming they got it to work. So I can't really explain your issue.

First, make sure it's not in her spam folder. Then, ask her to add it this way .... and try again: support@thefashionspot.com Remember to type all the info in ... do not cut and paste.

Let me know if that works.

If all else fails, maybe find another friend who is a member here and see if they would be willing to invite her. If that doesn't work ... then the problem is at her end ... not your account. In fact, if it worked for your 2 other friends, I'd venture to guess that is really is at her end.

So, ... maybe she can sign up for another free email account to use here that is not hotmail ... like yahoo, gmail, etc., add us ... then use that to invite her.

05-12-2009
fashion insider

Thanks alot... you've given me a few good routes to take! I'll let you know what happens!

07-12-2009
fashion insider

I have a question... I can't invite one of my friends because I can't seem to find the Invite button on my User CP... Why don't I have it?

07-12-2009
V.I.P.

Here's your answer in a nutshell:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT View Post
Yeah ... it is normally right there, above Subscribe Threads. But not everyone keeps that privilege ... you have to have a clean record, essentially.

I don't know your situation .... but if you have had numerous deleted posts, reminders etc. ... they system may have removed your invitation privileges. It sort of works on a point system ... violations accumulate points based on the severity and number of issues ... so that at a certain point the invitation link disappears.

Also, for certain violations it's removed right away. For, example, if you have invited a "bad" member(a troll or a spammer, for example), you would loose your privileges ... but you say you have never invited anyone yet ... so that won't be the issue. If you open duplicate accounts ... it's removed to prevent you from inviting yourself again.
If you have not had deleted posts, reminders or warnings at all ... then it should be there. If not, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page and tech support can look into it for you.

30-12-2009
windowshopping

How many membership inviations can I send out?
Is there a limit?

Whenever i send an invitation to anybody, it says "INVITATION SENT!" but doesn't actually turn up in the person's inbox

It only worked once and I'm really wondering what is wrong

31-12-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT View Post
Was the email hotmail, yahoo mail, gmail or comcast? Those all seem to block us.

Did that person add us to their "safe sender" list, before you sent the new invitation? If she/she didn't do this, the invitation was probably blocked (doesn't even get into their spam folder).
This is probably what is happening.

19-01-2010
front row

I'd like to invite a friend, but I can't seem to find the 'issue an invitation' button - just wondering if TFS isn't accepting anyone new at the moment, or if it's me who just doesn't have the privileges? Thanks in advance!

19-01-2010
V.I.P.

It's temporary ... because we had to turn of numerous funtions this week, including new registrations ... due to the tech issue we are experiencing (overloading). For updates, see the pinned thread at the top of the forum .... "tFS is Not Working Properly for Me" .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squizree View Post
^ Numerous minor features have been disabled for normal members. They haven't given an official list of what they are but you'll just have to sit tight for a while until they find a permanent solution.

Last edited by BetteT; 19-01-2010 at 02:48 PM.
19-01-2010
V.I.P.

i was also looking for the invitation button and could not find it ...
will it go back to normal soon?

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
invitations, join, join or, month, sending