How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-05-2012
V.I.P.

Probably ... have you had warnings? If so ... that's the reason.

05-06-2012
front row

I would like to invite a friend but saw that I'm not able to. Could a mod pm me please ? Even if I think I know why *Ouch* I feel so guilty now ...

mod note: PM sent

Last edited by tangerine; 05-06-2012 at 06:51 PM. Reason: responding
06-08-2012
front row

Hi Mod, I'm wondering why I don't have the privilege to invite others? I'm reading on this thread that it may be because people I invited may have been banned? It's been a while since I've been on TFS and I can't remember if I actually invited anybody to this forum. Can this be checked? Thanks

07-08-2012
V.I.P.

Hi fanbao26- you've never invited anyone and your invite privileges are untouched, I added 2 invites just in case there were none available for you. Hope it works. Make sure you don't copy+paste the email address and type it instead just so you don't encounter any technical glitch. Also make sure you know the person you're inviting, we've reinforced our policy with previously banned members and now the person that invites unwanted members faces membership suspension too (depending on history).

Good luck!

scenester

My friend wants an invite for fashionspot
How do I find and give her the code?

19-08-2012
Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseMary View Post
If your invitation privileges are enabled, you will have a section called Issue New Invitation at the top of your User CP. Click the link and follow the instructions. Remember that you must type in email addresses; the system will not recognize cut-and-pasted addresses.
(from post #1 in this thread )

backstage pass

there is someone who private mailed me on tumblr, asking me if I could send them a invite as they have been reading tfs for a year. I dont have a invite tool on my profile, but also i dont know who this person is, so i dont want to send an invitation to someone who may be a banned member trying to get back on. Any thoughts on what i should do?

V.I.P.

You are smart to think about who you might be inviting.

I get asked a lot ... because I'm a moderator. So, I just say:
Quote:
I'm sorry, but I only invite people I personally know, because I will be held responsible for the actions of anyone I invite and it puts my own membership on the line. If you don't know someone personally who can invite you, you can try to get them to invite you. Here's the link to the applicaions and a waiting list: http://www.thefashionspot.com/join.php
There's an important application where they ask about that person, where they work, what their interests are, what sites they have and frequent and why they want to join tFS. This way, it's up the tFS Admins to decide if they want this person as a member, or not. You are off the hook.

Last edited by BetteT; 05-09-2012 at 12:50 PM.
05-09-2012
fashion icon

Razzer, you aren't the only one who's been sent a private message on tumblr about a TFS invite. Happened to me yesterday (I wonder if it's the same person?). Like you, I'm not comfortable giving out invites to people I don't know. But I have to say BetteT, your advice was great, and I read it before I sent back my message. Thanks.

front row

i'm trying to invite a friend onto here, but im not able to find my invite thing. a few months ago i was able to invite someone, and i have one more invite left. can someone help?

26-12-2012
Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepetitcouturier View Post
i'm trying to invite a friend onto here, but im not able to find my invite thing. a few months ago i was able to invite someone, and i have one more invite left. can someone help?
Your invites were automatically canceled because of the number of reminders you have received. Please make sure you note the Community Rules, linked at the bottom of every forum page.

tfs star

So if someone had received a warning in the past and it expired, would he still be unable to send invitations?

21-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KemAlnagdy View Post
So if someone had received a warning in the past and it expired, would he still be unable to send invitations?
see tangerine's message above your post. members that have reminders/warnings may have invitation privileges removed as part of an automatic process.

you may suggest that they apply themselves.

Here's the link to the applications and a waiting list: http://www.thefashionspot.com/join.php

V.I.P.

To further answer your question: You are correct that once a member has reached the level where the invitations privileges are removed, they cannot be restored. Once they are lost ... they are gone for good.

And ... BTW ... warnings no longer "expire" but when they used to expire, that never restored invitation privileges, anyway.

Last edited by BetteT; 21-02-2013 at 10:58 AM.
21-03-2013
fashion elite

Hello! Umm so i wanna invite someone into this forum as a new member but unfortunately i couldn't find the invitation option in the 'User CP' anymore (it used to be there but it's no longer being seen). Anyone can help me?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
invitations, join, join or, month, sending