How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-08-2008
V.I.P.

I checked and saw that ticket come in to the "help desk" ... and the staff replied the same day and asked you what you wanted to do since it was not clear. Did you get that response? It would have come in your email ... unless you have tFS blocked.

Anyway ... here's the answer: If you are a member in good standing you can invite them yourself for immediate membership. If you do not have invitation privileges, then your friend must apply for themselves and be placed on the waiting list. The link can be found on tFS Home page ... I think it's called "How to Join tFS" and there is an application form to fill out for consideration.

12-08-2008
windowshopping

Hello i have been trying to invite a friend and cannot find the invitation link does this mean that i dont have these Privileges.
(if not could there be a problem with my account because i have recently been having some difficulty with it)

12-08-2008
V.I.P.

Information for All Members about Invitation Privileges:

It's privilege to be able to invite, not a right. In the past, each member had to petition us to be able to invite members. We relaxed that last fall and now everyone has the privilege to start but may have it removed at any time for various issues.

If you do not have the Invitation bar at the top, center of your User CP page, there is a strong possibility that your invitation privileges have been revoked by the system.

Here are the usual reasons a member would not have invitation privileges:

If the member:
. had official warnings or numerous reminders, posts deleted, etc.
. has invited other members who have caused trouble
. has been found to have had more than one account (multiple accounts are not allowed) which is considered and abuse of the invitation system.

If you find you are unable to send an invitation, you may direct your friend to this link, How To Join TFS , on the Home Page where they may apply for our waiting list by filling out a questionaire about themselves to explain why they would be a good, contributing member at tFS. When we have open enrollment periods, we take a look at the waiting applicants.

Last edited by BetteT; 12-08-2008 at 01:20 PM.
12-08-2008
windowshopping

Thank you very much i think i understand why i do not have the invitation link

( a while back tfs suppot confused my twin sisters account and mine as one in the same because of rhyming names and identical birthdates so revoked my account then merged it with my sisters and i also had an issue with the change email and password link, whenever i changed my password i would automatically recive an email saying welcome to the fashion spot, refering to me as a new member resulting in multiple accounts)

could this be a possible reason thank you

Last edited by vintage109024; 12-08-2008 at 01:28 PM.
12-08-2008
V.I.P.

Yep ... that sounds like that is what happened ... multiple accounts, as recorded by tech support. Your's sounds like a very unusual circumstance. Have your friend get on the waiting list .... he/she might be able to get in that way.

12-08-2008
windowshopping

Thank you

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT View Post
I checked and saw that ticket come in to the "help desk" ... and the staff replied the same day and asked you what you wanted to do since it was not clear. Did you get that response? It would have come in your email ... unless you have tFS blocked.

Anyway ... here's the answer: If you are a member in good standing you can invite them yourself for immediate membership. If you do not have invitation privileges, then your friend must apply for themselves and be placed on the waiting list. The link can be found on tFS Home page ... I think it's called "How to Join tFS" and there is an application form to fill out for consideration.
i actually didn't get the response and i skimmed my email inbox for the last week. i will check again just to be sure.

i don't know if there is a list for members who are "not in good standing" but i would like to believe that i am

but i will also tell my friend to register and also recheck my email..

front row

so if we don't have invitation "rights" at the moment is there any such way of earning back those "rights"?

21-08-2008
V.I.P.

Uh ... actually there is not a process at this time to restore invitation privileges.

But everyone has them to start ... so the secret is to just stay out of trouble.

22-08-2008
V.I.P.

i rechecked my email and i never received anything in reply to my "invitation request". is i could get one on one help? has inviting been disabled from my account?

front row

Hi when I try to invite someone the person never gets the 'welcome' email with the activation link, and when I look at invitation history it says that it's still pending. Did I do something wrong?

25-08-2008
V.I.P.

No ... probably his spam filter has dumped our email.

Have him add thefashionspot.com to his allowed email list. He'll need to do that anyway to activate his account after he registers ... we send him one more email with a link and without that, he can't post.

26-08-2008
front row

Quote:
Uh ... actually there is not a process at this time to restore invitation privileges.

But everyone has them to start ... so the secret is to just stay out of trouble.
Too late for that!

25-09-2008
it's a hard-knock life.

Quote:

I don't have them to start, and have not gone against any of the rules you listed.

17-10-2008
rising star

I invited a friend a couple days ago...who kept begging me for an invite...so I sent her an invitation...but I kind of feel like the only reason she wanted an invitation was just to have the ability to say she's a member. I don't feel like she's as in to it as the members who truly understand how wonderful this website is. Is there anyway to have someone's membership removed after you've invited them?????????.....I just feel like she was almost faking her interest in the forums.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
invitations, join, join or, month, sending