How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-06-2006
lady of the flowers

Sending Invitations To Join
hey, i hope this is the right place for asking this.

a friend of mine wanted to register these days on TFS but she couldn't. so i wanted to know when you can invite people? are there any dates? or should i just check the announcements?

thanks in advance

moderator note - Update:
We have updated the invitation system. You can now invite people using the Invite Friends tab in the navigation bar, upper left. The New Invitation tab in User CP has been removed.

If your invitation privileges are enabled, you will have a section called Issue New Invitation at the top of your User CP. Click the link and follow the instructions. Remember that you must type in email addresses; the system will not recognize cut-and-pasted addresses.

Last edited by tangerine; 13-09-2013 at 01:14 PM. Reason: updated instructions

12-06-2006
girl who fell to earth

your best bet is to check the announcements... i believe you can subscribe to the announcements forum and any new announcements will automatically show up in your user cp....

andy is working on this at the moment and he will surely be updating us regularly on how things are progressing

12-06-2006
tfs star

We are in a time where we want members to "get settled in" and make connections with other members. Then we will analyze our members (and their networks) and determine a way to give invitation privileges to select members based on how well they are connected to the best members of tFS.

Not all members will get invitation privileges but over time we hope to keep growing those who can. Think about it this way, our oldest, most respected and most connected members will be the first to get invite privileges (they are the ones who made tFS what it is today). Then we will be looking for all the trusted friends of friends to allow to invite.

At first there will be a strong push to invite more industry folks. We are looking for photographers, stylists, designers, shop owners, buyers/sellers, pattern makers, etc. Although we have a large percentage what I call influencer members (those that love fashion but are not specifically in the industry) I want to make sure that tFS keeps a fashion industry focus. Next we will allow our best influencers to send invites (we might even allow them based on geography, if we want to grow in an area, then we might allow those living in that area to send invites).

So that was a long answer to your question. For now your friend will just have to wait. Start connecting with other members so you will get invites when the time is right. Quality not Quantity is our #1 goal!!!

lady of the flowers

okay, i see, thanks for answering!

18-06-2006
rising star

thank you!

01-07-2006
fashion insider

Yeah, my friend was going to sign up but this happened and she was telling me about this and I didn't know what she was on about...lols. Now I know. *woops*. Thanks for starting this thread RoseMary.

13-07-2006
lady of the flowers

is there any 'news' regarding invitations?

13-07-2006
tfs star

We are still in a "connection stage" where our current members should be connecting with one another. In a while (maybe up to another couple of months) we will review our membership and give certain members the ability to send invites. We will also have an application system for people who don't know any current members to request an invite be sent to them. Our goal is to grow with qualtiy new members not just a lot of new members.

So for now, just connect with other members that you feel comfortable connecting with (not just for the sake of connecting) and then look for an announcement in about 45 days.

lady of the flowers

wow, fast response, thanks a lot!

01-08-2006
a dim capacity for wings

for more information on the new invite system please see here
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...nly-45242.html

i hope there will be an update soon

22-08-2006
backstage pass

I can't find a link on my profile to invite a friend- can someone point me in the right direction?

22-08-2006
Cinematic Vision

^
There isn't one as yet.
Please see this post for more info.

12-09-2006
front row

I used the link that Hanne gave me and I requested to invite a person I know...but the reply that I got in my email was a bit confusing me...it didnt tell me what i should do next.

13-09-2006
Storm &amp;amp;amp; Sommer

You will have to be patient and wait, there are a lot of request being handled pt.
Please be aware that you will only receive a pm if your request is granted, as Andy wrote in the announcement regarding invitation privileges.

pinterest : hanneonpin
14-09-2006
front row

Ok theres another problem lol, I sent the invitation but apparently my friend hasnt got it by email yet, and its been about 2 days.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
invitations, join, join or, month, sending