How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-10-2011
V.I.P.

Dora ... so you can find it, I'm moving your post to another thread ... about Deleted posts: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f44...-130991-4.html

Last edited by BetteT; 25-10-2011 at 02:26 PM.

14-11-2011
V.I.P.

we should have a thread exclusively for only asian models like we have with the favourite african & black top models thread

Last edited by modelista; 14-11-2011 at 04:13 PM.
14-11-2011
V.I.P.

we should have a thread for models that are retired from modeling, either from modelling completely or just the runway, eds etc

Last edited by modelista; 14-11-2011 at 04:13 PM.
14-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelista View Post
we should have a thread exclusively for only asian models like we have with the favourite african & black top models thread
There is one
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f96...l-87442-3.html

windowshopping

Additional Features For TFS?
Hi everyone, I hope I'm not speaking for myself only here, but a major fashion interest of mine has to do with finding and sharing eco friendly and cruelty free fashion and fashion resources. I wish there was a major thread here where it could be okay to post links to such (not to my own eco lens mind you) without having my posting removed because it's considered spam on account of my signature (which does contain my eco fashion resource lens).

Also, I wish there was a forum section where people could post honest to goodness fashion services (design, patternmaking, sample sewing, illustration, etc, etc) as well as relevant job postings. This will make room for the ligitimate "little guys" who also have a real passion for fashion. Without the things I've mentioned in this post, it just seems like "The Fashion Spot" is a bit incomplete.

Hope to hear back from you, thanks

24-11-2011
V.I.P.

We've pretty much got almost everything you mentioned or at least something similar in threads that were started by members. It's the members that drive the topics that we have in our forums ... not us. We (the moderators) just try to keep it all organized and on topic so members can find what they need. All you have to do is learn how to use our search function here to find them.

Most of what you mention can be found in the Careers, Education and Business of Fashion forum. Here are some of the threads in CEB that are related to resoures and information to help young professionals:

Job postings ... pinned at the top of the CEB forum:

Eco/Green resources:
Environmentally Friendly / Green Fashion Design Resources
(Plus I found these in other forums ... in the Skin & Body Care forum: Organic, environmentally friendly products ... and in the Shoes, Shoes, Shoes forum: Animal Friendly / Non-leather Shoes)

Students' and designer's resources and information:

Fashion Design Software
About Sewing Machines and Sergers for Professional Use

If you take some time to review all of the threads in the CEB forum, you will find a lot of other types of resources ... threads about various career paths for many different careers related to fashion, threads about fashion schools and colleges throughout the world and even a place to post when you need help brainstorming for a project or a school assignment: "Help Me with my Homework".

And for the home hobbyist ... there are a few threads in the Do It Yourself forum:

Sewing
Sewing - #2

As a member, you may drive the topics. So, if you have information that you can share about a certain type of resource just pop it into the appropriate thread. If you have searched and we don't already have an applicable thread, feel free to start a thread. Make sure the title is "search friendly" with keywords of at lease 4 letters. Our search engine will find "green" and "ecological" but it can't see "eco" because it's too short, for example.

And you are correct ... we do not allow any self promotion or even promotional activities regarding an employer, a friend or an affilate. So, because we do not allow any promotional activities here and if we suspect that you are affiated with any of the links or businesses that you post, We would remove it and advise you to refrain from doing that any more.

Last edited by BetteT; 24-11-2011 at 05:10 PM.
03-12-2011
V.I.P.

With the recent release of Karlie Kloss' ed in vogue italia dec 2011 issue, it got me wondering (for none pervy reason) which other fashion models have gone nude

I think it would be nice for someone to start a thread called something like, "models who have gone nude" where we list/post pics of the girls who have gone nude or semi nude, maybe even the girls who we wanna see, or have never/or are dead set against it. And discuss what we think about.. You know, the girl, lighting, context, concept, styling, photography, photographer, whether or not it was the right time in the girls career to do this etc...

I don't know, it thought it was great to make an interesting subject.. It sounds interesting to me but I dont know, what do you guys think
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by modelista; 03-12-2011 at 03:23 AM.
03-12-2011
V.I.P.

Probably not. For the reasons that are being discussed at length in the "Closed Threads" thread right now. Because it most likely will lead to talk about the model's weight and body issues, which is not allowed on tFS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by modelista View Post
With the recent release of Karlie Kloss' ed in vogue italia dec 2011 issue, it got me wondering (for none pervy reason) which other fashion models have gone nude

I think it would be nice for someone to start a thread called something like, "models who have gone nude" where we list/post pics of the girls who have gone nude or semi nude, maybe even the girls who we wanna see, or have never/or are dead set against it. And discuss what we think about.. You know, the girl, lighting, context, concept, styling, photography, photographer, whether or not it was the right time in the girls career to do this etc...

I don't know, it thought it was great to make an interesting subject.. It sounds interesting to me but I dont know, what do you guys think
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

15-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteT View Post
Probably not. For the reasons that are being discussed at length in the "Closed Threads" thread right now. Because it most likely will lead to talk about the model's weight and body issues, which is not allowed on tFS.
Posted via Mobile Device
Not necessarily. When models pose in a mag & it gets posted on their individual threads, people know the rules about posting comments on weight issues, so I think they'll refrain from doing so on this thread.. As long as it's reiterated that this thread IS NOT about model's weight/body issues & as always, those topics WOULD NOT be allowed..

What I'm talking about would be like an general inventory/catalog of models who have gone nude, semi-nude, topless or just wearing sheer transparent tops, clothing etc (i.e. Lara Stone w magazine feb 2009) for whichever mag, photographer etc.. What we would comment on are things like: model posing, if it was with the right photographer, styling, makeup, lighting, composition etc..

Like I said, it was just a thought
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by modelista; 15-12-2011 at 08:07 PM.
16-12-2011
V.I.P.

I know that would be your intent .. and it's a valid topic and if everyone behaved and talked about posing, photography and styling, it would be a great thread.

But there are numerous members who don't seem to be able to control themselves, who would zero in on that thread and totally take it off track ... ruining the thread for anyone else. These members would talk about weight issues and argue with each other as they compare models' figures, and therefore disrupt the thread.

From experience, we are confident that this would happen again in this thread. We've had to close numerous threads over the years (we've been here for 10 years so we have a lot of experience). Threads that were very similar to what you are suggesting ... so we really do know what will happen. It's more than a guess.

16-12-2011
.my prison is your brain.

For a number of reasons that thread is a bad idea. As Bette mentioned, weight talk.

Quote:
When models pose in a mag & it gets posted on their individual threads, people know the rules about posting comments on weight issues, so I think they'll refrain from doing so on this thread.
Members are unable to see the removed posts in individual model threads that get nixed any time any sort of image that really "shows off" a model's body is posted. Trust me when I say, there's always a few.

Not only does it create the potential for lots of weight talk. It also creates the potential for, let's be honest here, the perverted talk, which is also not allowed on tFS. Another problem, the fact that we don't want to emphasize the nude bodies of younger models. We allow girls who are 14 or older to have threads, but we do carefully monitor the subject matter of the talk in the younger girls threads as opposed to someone who is in their 20s or older.

But thank you for asking before you jumped right into creating one, many wouldn't have, and it is appreciated

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 16-12-2011 at 02:04 PM.
23-12-2011
tfs star

Not sure if this has been suggested or mentioned, but it would be ideal to put all campaign images in the first page/post. It's a pain digging through 50 pages of comments just to find a few images. Maybe after the full campaign has been released, all images could be posted on the first page/post.
Posted via Mobile Device

23-12-2011
Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives927 View Post
Not sure if this has been suggested or mentioned, but it would be ideal to put all campaign images in the first page/post. It's a pain digging through 50 pages of comments just to find a few images. Maybe after the full campaign has been released, all images could be posted on the first page/post.
Posted via Mobile Device
I agree this would be ideal, in fact I've wished for it myself. In practice, though, it would range from difficult/time-consuming to impossible, depending on the number of images to be consolidated.

The way the forum software works, posts are in chronological order. To move images to the first page/post, they would have to be inserted into other posts that may or may not have already had images in them. There are limits to how many images we can have in a post, and there are practical considerations in terms of page load times as well.

Finally, as you have noted, it is a pain to sift through all the pages to find the images. The mods assigned to do this would not only have to find the images but copy and paste them into the early posts, while preserving all the links and page formatting. This is not an insignificant addition to their workload.

I wish we could do it but I don't think there is a solution that would work for all threads, especially campaigns with a lot of images.

One way to get around it might be to build a new thread using only the posts with images; this, though, would not have the discussion that took place between the image posts, and it would be a shame to lose the discussion, which is a big part of the community!

Thank you for the suggestion; anyone have any ideas about how this could be made to work?

V.I.P.

I agree ... and it has been suggested before (not sure if it was for ads or for runway or something else ... but the same thing would apply in every topic where members post pictures) and I said it could not be done for basically the same reasons Tangerine stated.

Members are the ones who fill the threads with photos ... and they certainly cannot edit the first post of a thread to add their photos ... they have no choice but to add them in chronlogical sequence. So a mod would have to move every single photo ... just can't be done with any consistency. The mods are only part time volunteers ... they have outside jobs, classes and responsibilites ... and if we are lucky, they donate a small portion of their time to tFS.

A discussion is going on right now about the same thing in the "Model Talk" thread in this Member Support forum. It's been suggested that perhaps a separate thread for photos only ... with discussion being taken to a second thread. I think that is the only possible solution, as Tang suggested here. So that is being considered ... but it does have thr down side that Tang mentioned .... so not sure if they will decide to do that or not.

Last edited by BetteT; 24-12-2011 at 01:03 PM.
01-01-2012
Looking Up

I'm not sure if this is viable, since I'm not familiar with tFS' technical capabilities, but would it be possible at some stage to make the UserCP live-feed? Which basically means that it would update itself without having to be refreshed. Kinda like the way Facebook works. As soon as there's an update (in our case it would be a new post in a subscribed thread) the thread link will appear by itself. Am I making sense?

Last edited by Squizree; 01-01-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
suggestion, suggestions, thread