How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-01-2012
God Save McQueen

something just popped into my head as I was browsing threads for older/supermodels. i don't know if this has ever been proposed, but perhaps we could have a subforum in the female model forum for older models or the supers, like we have for older magazines and collections.

i know simply making a forum for "supers" could create stan wars over who should be considered a supermodel and who shouldn't, but maybe if it focused on models who have been in the industry 20+ years or models over 40, then it would be a good way to avoid that. The female model forum is so crowded, it would be a way to make it slightly more organized.

02-01-2012
V.I.P.

We don't have that capability. We are a forum and use forum softwear from vBulletin ... so it's limited to that. It's just not set up for live feeds other than the few things we've got. It's pretty much maximized..

The best you can do is our Twitter and Facebook accounts ... but I beleive the that content is all generated from the company who owns us ... not the actual forums. So no help there.

03-01-2012
An die Freude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masquerade View Post
something just popped into my head as I was browsing threads for older/supermodels. i don't know if this has ever been proposed, but perhaps we could have a subforum in the female model forum for older models or the supers, like we have for older magazines and collections.

i know simply making a forum for "supers" could create stan wars over who should be considered a supermodel and who shouldn't, but maybe if it focused on models who have been in the industry 20+ years or models over 40, then it would be a good way to avoid that. The female model forum is so crowded, it would be a way to make it slightly more organized.
I like the idea. It could be called "Classic Models" or something like that.

21-01-2012
V.I.P.

Can mods merge all the Vogue Taiwan thread in the magazine forum? I don't think this mag deserves its own individual thread, every time when a thread was opened, no covers or editorials get scanned and posted, always a tiny cover image and there's a member who is always criticising the tasteless cover.........

V.I.P.

That's up to the mods who are assigned to Magazines. I suggest you PM a couple of them with your request.

25-01-2012
V.I.P.

I donīt know whereīs the proper place to ask this and I donīt know if itīs worth to start a thread but i was wondering what is tFS view on SOPA? regarding magazine scans specifically...

25-01-2012
Soviet Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
I donīt know whereīs the proper place to ask this and I donīt know if itīs worth to start a thread but i was wondering what is tFS view on SOPA? regarding magazine scans specifically...
There is a thread where tFS members discuss SOPA and PIPA, and you can find it here.

V.I.P.

is there a thread for all the things that Athlete(s) have done in Fashion .Like Mag Covers,Runway,Campaign Etc.

.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonsoJonathan View Post
is there a thread for all the things that Athlete(s) have done in Fashion .Like Mag Covers,Runway,Campaign Etc.
Oddly, I was thinking about this recently as well! Perhaps start 2 "Male Athletes' Style" and "Female Athletes' Style" threads in the Star Style section? I'd love to see them.

08-03-2012
V.I.P.

haha silly me i was thinking in something like

"Athletes in Fashion" or "Sport and Fashion"

but yeah i was thinking about it,too

V.I.P.

Is it a bad idea to do a Runway Showlists thread for seasons past Spring 2008? It shouldn't be too hard, as many models are already ID'd by now, and should provide an interesting background on models' careers.

What do y'all think?

18-03-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneSkipper View Post
Is it a bad idea to do a Runway Showlists thread for seasons past Spring 2008? It shouldn't be too hard, as many models are already ID'd by now, and should provide an interesting background on models' careers.

What do y'all think?
Hey, thanks for asking!

I think it's fine if you and other members want to compile the information in a thread yourself, but I want to mention that it is very unlikely that any moderator will take the time to edit and make additions to the lists in the same manner that they do during the season.

Showlist threads are an extremely time consuming and tedious task. Key members and moderators spend literally hours every single day on them during the season.

So if you do undertake this, just know that it might not come together quite like the other threads have. But of course you're more than welcome to attempt it!

25-03-2012
V.I.P.

Hi.

Sorry i write this here, i couldn't find other thread for this.

What i want say is that i don't know all millions names of the sites out there on net, and i see many i mean a lot of times members don't credit sources for the pictures they find. Maybe someone don't mind if they do this or not. Well i do, because i find in many sites that i didn't know before something interesting for me. And this is one of the sites that still credit souces, i hope this will not change.

And one more thing that bother me. I know some members don't like to share souces, and they trying to change their names. For example credit to facebook, weibo without the name of the user, it's like to credit to nothing. And when crediting to 'vogue' without com, it, fr, de and many more, why?

Sorry i have more about changing site names, there are tumblr, blogspot, net, com and more, many member don't write them, they use only the first word of the site and that's it. Sometimes it's just not possible to find the website without all this.

The bottom line, is there a way to fix all this? I think it's not that hard. Thanks.

25-03-2012
Some Like It Hot

^There is a rule in place for exactly this and content is removed when we see or find out they haven't credited accordingly, one way that helps us with this is when members use the report button which notifies the team and we look into it as much as we can.

The thing alot of members forget when posting incorrect sources is they are risking their memberships and alot have and some still do and it's resulted in the loss of their memberships, it is as simple as that.

I know exactly what you're saying though about sometimes it's great to look on the site of their source because you can truly find some great gems within, I think it's just a childish nature of some members, I guess, not to share their sources, I don't know why, it's incredibly strange...

But one thing I must not forget, it isn't the job of the moderating team to check and verify sources (say they credit trunkarchive and its really from another source), but if we smell a rat then we usually find out one way or another with some 'research'.

V.I.P.

As Chanelcouture09 already said ... we already have that requirement of providing an accurate source in our Crediting Rules .... as outlined in the Announcements Forum: Crediting Rules: posting the source/credits for an image, article or news story

Please do report any that you see that you know are incomplete or incorrect. We will check into it and advise the member how to credit properly.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
suggestion, suggestions, thread