How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Information Spot / Member Support & Feedback
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-03-2012
V.I.P.

Thanks Chanelcouture09 & BetteT.

28-04-2012
V.I.P.

can make a download magazine thread ,a lots of fashion and lifestyle magazine can download for free~~~~

if TFS can mark that thread~~~~~

29-04-2012
goodbye kiss

I don't think that's possible...tFS is mainly for discussion fashion, hence sharing scans and such are necessary, but we don't want to make this forum a file-sharing site, plus it could create a lot of problems concerning copyrights...that's my two cents though, let's see what the mods of the Magazine forum have to say about the idea!

30-04-2012
V.I.P.

I agree with ckgirlbr ... we don't want to get into that because it's a copyright violation, in most cases.

As it is ... we have plenty of legal stuff to deal when copyright holders ask us to remove images from our threads ... which we must do, to comply with the law. File sharing would just put us more in their sites and it might cause some serious legal repercussions.

18-05-2012
trendsetter

Hi everyone I have a couple of suggestions:

1) In the Designers & Collections forum my suggestion is to create sub-forums to separate all the threads that talks about designers & the threads related to collections discussions.
Also a sub forum within Collections that is "Speciality collections" ie Marni for H&M & another sub forum that is "HC collections". I feel like that way it will be much easier to navigate and find different threads.

2) In Star style my suggestion would have a sub forum for 'Red Carpet' events. ie Academy Awards, Grammys etc.

18-05-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Hey Dana

The moderator team was actually discussing your suggestion #1 recently, and decided (for the time being) not to because creating additional sub-forums creates quite a bit of strain on the servers. If Atomic Online [owners of tFS] purchase additional media space, it might be something we revisit at a later time. So thanks for the suggestions

21-05-2012
V.I.P.

Dear moderators,

Could you please make "Celebrity ID Thread " pinned at the beginning of Star style section?
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f50...ml#post2230238

21-05-2012
.my prison is your brain.

I'll bring it to the team to decide on, but with quite a few more relevant things pinned in SS, I can't promise we'll agree that it needs to be.

02-06-2012
V.I.P.

I don't know about you, but quite frankly I'm bored of this myriad glossy magazines that filled some threads (Miscellaneous Magazines Asia and Europe) every day, every week, every month.
Publications like More, Joy, Cleo... etc are just not relevant anymore. Not compared to the power and influence of so-en, Spur, scandinavian magazines like Costume, Eurowoman... etc. Those ones haven't lost their quality and have managed not to dumb down to the level that Joy and Cleo have sunk to.
Why not revamp the real miscellaneous magazines Asia for exemple. Instead of getting lost with this weekly magazines of celebrity and human-interest stories?

V.I.P.

You have a valid point, tentalicious.

However, please remember that topics take their direction from the members' own interests. That means that if a lot of members are interested, then they will bring in pics to show to the rest of the members. Therefore, it is releavant to them, even if it's not something that you are interested in.

The moderators don't have control over what the members want to see and discuss. They can only try to keep it all organized and on topic.

But ... please explain your ideas about revamping the "real miscellaneeous magaines Asia, etc." Just saying you want a revamp doesn't tell us anything about what you would like changed.

For example, if you are saying that you would like to see more of certain magazines, then it's actually up to you and the other members to bring new content into the thread. But, if you would like a different breakdown .. maybe a thread for one type of magazine and another for something else, we'd like to hear exactly what you are thinking ... along with your ideas about how to separate them ... make sure it's logical and easy to identify what belongs in which thread.

I'll be happy to pass your ideas along to the Magazines mod team for consideration.

Last edited by BetteT; 02-06-2012 at 03:34 PM.
02-06-2012
don't look down

I have to confess an interest in the cover design of most magazines, even the weekly fashion ones, because they're fighting a commercial battle against each other on the newsstands, and while that might give rise to tacky content and design, those elements are there for the purpose of selling, and I'm interested in what sells, on every level, in any country.

Similarly, what might be an arty publication to one person might seem more like a self-indulgent waste of paper to another, but if there's room to celebrate a variety of magazines, why not do so?

And anyone who takes the time to do personal scans and snaps of any sort of magazine, I appreciate it, because the chances are, I'm getting to see the content of a title that I wouldn't otherwise ever be able to see. Maybe it's not one that I would buy, but they shared it with us, and that's a nice thing to do.

V.I.P.

Thanks tigerrouge for your always reflective statement. I never really got addicted to those 'womens' magazines in my life but I could see their attraction. The main problem, at least mine, is the massive amount of them, and stupid facile way to find the covers and only (facebook page or online store). Also, apart from being considerably dumbed down over the decades, the covers/design of these mags is still much the same.

I'm a "new" here (having joined this forum in 2010), but I so much miss Preahya, janginhwa, MissMagAddict, sethii and their amazing scans from the Japanese/Korean major fashion magazines. I have no idea if they have left the forum like many of the Asian mags on the shelves today. But I miss it. I love the immediacy of the internet, but I do miss being able to sit down and have a good, long read on an intelligent topic and an intelligent comment.

@BetteT, Thank you for taking the time to answer me!
I'm a professional guy in my 20s with zero interest in celebrities and gossip. Trouble is though, I have no idea what other members would want to read about! To start, I would love to see a thread dedicated to Grazia (It's about time) and another one for the very best that this vibrant forum have to offer (magazines about fashion, art, and design) like WestEast, The Spellbound, SSAW, Bullett, Faces, Tiger, Var, A Perfect Guide, Under The Influence, Mirage, Youth Vision, Love Want, Fallen, Leur Logette, Qvest, Black, Contributor, Husk, Helmet, Glass, Union, Velour... to name a few. Those publications are packed with creative talent and modern potential. I can provide covers and some of the digital content but most of the photogrphers/stylists/agents wants a working link to their websites which is not allowed by tfs policy.
If the above description sounds like you, I would love to hear from you how to develop this initiative.

V.I.P.

Thank you for your input.

Although the Fashion Spot's first mission is indeed about fashion, a huge potion of our members also love celebrities and gossip ... and that is exactly why we have two forums dedicated to that .... the Star Style and Rumor Has It forums. And we have forums for arts, other than fashion ... so we encompass a lot of different interests.

Therefore, the Magazines forum has to include all magazines that encompass anything to do with fashion, celebrites, models, art, design, etc. ... so no matter what we do, you will always see those magazines (celeb rags, and such) featured in the Magazines forum.

However, the moderator team (Including MMA, who is one of our most active moderators in that forum) will be discussing ways that they might be able to organize it a bit better, so you can find threads featuring the sort of avant garde fashion/art/design magazines that you crave. Of course ... we will need lots of members who will contribute ... or it won't work.

Any changes needs the whole Magazines team to agree .... and if they don't think it suits the interests of a lot of members or can't find a good way to do this, it might not happen. But do know that they are looking at your idea and talking about it.

Last edited by BetteT; 03-06-2012 at 01:12 PM.
03-06-2012
V.I.P.

What do mods think about starting a magazine section in the Star Style forum dedicated to all those mags that feature celebs but are not fashion or HF related?

03-06-2012
I don't know

^do you mean tabloids and movie magazines?

Personally I would say that most of that content gets posted in each celebrities thread anyways .. and most are also just featuring recycled paparazzi photos. So I'm not sure how much is really needed.

That is, if I understood you right

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
suggestion, suggestions, thread